Official 2023 NHL Draft Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BigToe

Robocop sucks
Jan 6, 2018
Philly
I am lower on him that some of my colleagues. He has all the tools but I just see him more likely ending up a 2nd pairing guy.

I would be happy with him if he fell to 22 but prefer Gulyayev by some way.
Are you gonna post your personal list anywhere? Curious to see how high you have Gulyayev.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Are you gonna post your personal list anywhere? Curious to see how high you have Gulyayev.

Tbh I have so little time this year in general! Changed job this month, moved country properly 5 months ago, have had constant work deadlines... and girlfriend is finishing off her Masters thesis in the next 2 weeks and will help her a bit with that as same degree area as I did!

Annnd I need probably half a day to sit down and properly decide on the 7-15 range especially.

Buuut maybe I will in the next week.

We are running a mock draft at Smaht right now (spoiler, Flyers get Leonard and Dvorsky at 7 and 22... 7 was a hard pick and I would have traded down in real life I think) so it is making me think more about it though. Also my Detroit pick at 9... I could have flipped a coin tbh, that whole range I just dont feel that strongly about guys one way or another.

My top 6 is:

Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov, Carlsson, Smith, Benson

I know that much aha.

In terms of Gulyayev... my gut tells me he is the best Dman in this draft ahead of ASP, then Reinbacher, then proooobably Simashev. But would I take him top 10? I dont know as it is a risk and I doubt he goes until after 15 anyway.

But once the ~14-15th pick rolls around? Barring something strange I think Gulyayev will be BPA whatever even including the risks.

Flyerfan13

Sponsor
Nov 17, 2016
Tbh I have so little time this year in general! Changed job this month, moved country properly 5 months ago, have had constant work deadlines... and girlfriend is finishing off her Masters thesis in the next 2 weeks and will help her a bit with that as same degree area as I did!

Annnd I need probably half a day to sit down and properly decide on the 7-15 range especially.

Buuut maybe I will in the next week.

We are running a mock draft at Smaht right now (spoiler, Flyers get Leonard and Dvorsky at 7 and 22... 7 was a hard pick and I would have traded down in real life I think) so it is making me think more about it though. Also my Detroit pick at 9... I could have flipped a coin tbh, that whole range I just dont feel that strongly about guys one way or another.

My top 6 is:

Bedard, Fantilli, Michkov, Carlsson, Smith, Benson

I know that much aha.

In terms of Gulyayev... my gut tells me he is the best Dman in this draft ahead of ASP, then Reinbacher, then proooobably Simashev. But would I take him top 10? I dont know as it is a risk and I doubt he goes until after 15 anyway.

But once the ~14-15th pick rolls around? Barring something strange I think Gulyayev will be BPA whatever even including the risks.
If that top 6 is how the draft plays out who would u chose at 7? Thoughts @BigToe @FLYguy3911

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
If everyone else is gone, Leonhard is the "safe" pick at #7, but Moore is probably the better fit.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
If that top 6 is how the draft plays out who would u chose at 7? Thoughts @BigToe @FLYguy3911
I don’t think it’d play out like that but that’d be worst case scenario and a slight trade back should be on the table.

Fletcher mentioned Smith, Reinbacher, and Leonard by name after Bedard and Fantilli. He was obviously in the Flyers draft meetings and it’s conceivable the team feels the same way. Smith will be gone so I think Reinbacher and Leonard would be odds on favorites for the team.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I don’t think it’d play out like that but that’d be worst case scenario and a slight trade back should be on the table.

Fletcher mentioned Smith, Reinbacher, and Leonard by name after Bedard and Fantilli. He was obviously in the Flyers draft meetings and it’s conceivable the team feels the same way. Smith will be gone so I think Reinbacher and Leonard would be odds on favorites for the team.
I doubt Fletcher has much knowledge of the Flyer rankings or intentions, those draft meetings would have been preliminary, and much of that early work would have been done without his input or presence. Briere may also have his own set of priorities that he gave scouts.

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild #cutterwasright #AlexeiAWOL
May 26, 2012

Meltzer has been hyping Leonard for weeks. It feels inevitable.

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
As checked out as I am, I can't stomach this team smoking another layup in feverish pursuit of being the 2016-17 Columbus Blue Jackets. I'm dead inside and their processes still make me cry.

We're just going to have to trust that Brent Flahr is his own man. The last time Fletcher wasn't suffocating him, he helped the Wild land Filip Johnansson. Fingers crossed!

Unger9

Sep 7, 2016
Kitchener, ON
Just because Leonard likes to hit a lot doesn't mean he's a safe or low ceiling pick. Logical fallacies abound. There's some guy named Alex Ovechkin who is a god damn truck on the ice. Remember when he straight up murdered Couturier?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad