Off-season thread

Ub the Bub

Feb 9, 2010
Bayreuther ain’t gonna move up the lineup to eat you 20-25 good minutes a night in the event of a Miro injury. He’s more of a fill in on the bottom pair. Tanev or Petry at least have some capability of it
No, but I think I'd be ok with Bayreuther eating 2nd pair minutes, atleast short term. And he probably wouldn't have to anyway, since he'd likely enter the lineup from the bottom... Lindell, Hakanpää and even Suter can put in the minutes and I have faith that Harley can take yet another step. And I'm still hopeful for Lundkvist.

I mean, could Petry help us? Sure... Maybe... But he may just as likely become yet another comparatively expensive veteran for some of us to get angry at and blame for all the ills in the world (poor Faksa). Might be cathartic to have yet another punching bag to spread out the hate, but I choose to believe in what we have... For now atleast.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I think it’s pointless to speculate until camp. If we don’t acquire Petry before then, they’re going to leave a path for Bichsel. Then you have Stankoven, Bourque, and Blumel pushing for forward spots. We could still see a lot of musical chairs post camp and I wouldn’t be surprised if we make a move around then. Maybe not to bring someone in, but to open a roster spot up.

Reactions: redbeardtx

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
If they acquire Petry, he ain't coming in here to replace Hakanpaa. He's here to play with Miro. I don't think he can hang at 24+ minutes/night of playoff hockey and he wouldn't be my first, second, or third choice, but here we are.

Reactions: LT

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
I think a defense of
Harley Miro
Lindell Lundkvist
Suter Petry would be solid.
I know it puts Miro on his offside but all 3 pairs are solid that way

ElGuapo

^Plethora of piñatas
Nov 30, 2010
Nomad
Yeah let's use the STDrs logo! The Stars logo is nothing amazing but it's not bad. I think it's a lot better than the old logo. Especially now looking at it over a decade later. I prefer logos without text on them.

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
the starbuck logo is dogwater. their main logo is alright. safe. could be worse. beveling is terrible in general though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad