Off-season thread

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I'll say this i think this year with improved forward depth there's more of a chance for a offensively minded prospect to stick even when playing on the 4th line. DeBoer clearly wants every one of his lines to be able to contribute at least somewhat offensively . With Kivi and Glendening that was just not an option for the 4th line last year. Next year that part should be improved enough that even a prospect playing on the 4th line wouldn't be playing on an offensive wasteland

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Have we had any prospects (under Nill's tenure) come up and immediately stick besides Heiskanen and Johnston? Nichushkin too, but I think if they could've sent him to the AHL they would have. There were extenuating circumstances there.
He's made pretty much all of them spend at least part of a season in the AHL.

Reactions: LT

________

Feb 6, 2006

The Stars haven’t given up on pursuing outside help defensively via the trade route, relays Saad Yousuf of The Athletic (subscription link). However, they are prepared to enter next season with what they have now with the hopes that Thomas Harley and Nils Lundkvist can take a step forward in their development to help bolster the depth of their unit. Dallas has been quiet with their back end this summer with their only NHL-related moves being the trade of Colin Miller to New Jersey, the signing of Gavin Bayreuther, and the re-signing of Joel Hanley

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
Blast from the past: Prospect Info: - 2021 NHL Draft Thread

I forgot how many people on here had meltdowns after the Wyatt Johnston pick.

1688572382726.png

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010

I was thinking about you guys as a destination for Petry? I think the Penguins would want space and a 3rd liner coming back. Not sure what your projected lineup is at the money to see who that could potentially be?

Marchment?

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
I HATED the Johnston pick. After everything I read about him before the draft he really did sound like Faksa/Dellandrea 3.0.

I will gladly eat that one, love the kid. The only good thing that came out of the covid season was getting him, if they had played the season he would have been gone long before our pick.

Reactions: LT

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I HATED the Johnston pick. After everything I read about him before the draft he really did sound like Faksa/Dellandrea 3.0.

I will gladly eat that one, love the kid. The only good thing that came out of the covid season was getting him, if they had played the season he would have been gone long before our pick.

I'd say a lot of good came out of the COVID season for Stars fans. Stanley Cup Final appearance, Johnston, Stankoven, etc

One of the best times to be a Stars fan honestly :laugh:

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Jul 4, 2010
New Brunswick
Zadina looking like he is going to get released - could be an interesting guy on a 1 year cheap, prove it deal. Especially if we are moving out some current roster players for an upgrade on the blueline (I wanna believe that this is the plan).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad