Off-season thread

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
For the prospect capital we would have to give up to get EK I think I'd rather go for a Pesce/Tanev/Hanifin.

Obviously not on the level of Karlsson, but would still give us a huge upgrade.

Reactions: Dallasman

BfantZ

Jun 22, 2017
For the prospect capital we would have to give up to get EK I think I'd rather go for a Pesce/Tanev/Hanifin.

I think we have to capitalize on our window here . We can’t be afraid to trade prospects that are good . Giving up bourque and Lundkvist wouldn’t hurt the prospect pool that bad with stankoven , bichsel , Kyrou still in the system and Johnston already playing in the nhl .

Reactions: Dallasman

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas

The goal might be to find a way to push Suter to the third pair rather than a firm Miro partner with how things are constructed. Don’t think Suter is unplayable in that role. Maybe something like

Harley-Miro
Lindell-New Guy
Suter-Nils
Hakanpaa/Hanley/Gavin

Could also put it together with Suter and Lindell switched depending on the quality of guy you get to carry Suter. I really like the idea of Lindell-Nils as a pair.

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX
Just personally hate the thought of dumba after last playoffs.

Just to be argumentative for a second, but how much do people really give a shit about that hit? If Dumba had done that to Eichel, would Stars fans not love him?

This is not argument for Dumba. But I will cop to the fact that before his injuries, I really liked his overall game. If he showed some signs of recovering from his wrist/pec injuries, I'd be all over that. But then maybe I'm just used to what Dallas does to Heiskanen. Every other stud blueliner gets somebody halfway competent, but Miro gets leftover gristle.

Reactions: Dallasman and JeffP

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Marchment , faksa , 2024 1st , lundqvist , bourque for Karlsson at 6.5m . Who says no ?
That is a ton. I get Karlsson will cost but it’s not like he is a hedman player. Karlsson is all offense and no defense. I would like a RHD that is really good to great in his own end and can add something offensively. I don’t need a 100 point defender. Preventing goals matter as well.

Just to be argumentative for a second, but how much do people really give a shit about that hit? If Dumba had done that to Eichel, would Stars fans not love him?

This is not argument for Dumba. But I will cop to the fact that before his injuries, I really liked his overall game. If he showed some signs of recovering from his wrist/pec injuries, I'd be all over that. But then maybe I'm just used to what Dallas does to Heiskanen. Every other stud blueliner gets somebody halfway competent, but Miro gets leftover gristle.
It does not bother me at all. It was a dirty hit and he should have been suspended but I would not turn him down at the right price. The contract the is key though. Not paying big for him.

FirstRowUpperDeck

May 20, 2014
Arlington, TX
I think the hit might be a locker room factor, but who knows? Who was the FLA who submarined Seguin years ago? IIRC, there was some interest in him and discussion about how he would fit. In other cases it is seen as all part of the game.

I'm against EK. Our goal is to improve the D side, and we helped our offense with the Duchene signing. I think Harley and Nils will improve our puck moving from last year, and Smith and Steel will help our checking line while providing (we hope) a few more goals on offense. We probably need a defensive defenseman at less cost more than EK, looking at the whole roster.

Reactions: JeffP and roryjones

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I think the hit might be a locker room factor, but who knows? Who was the FLA who submarined Seguin years ago? IIRC, there was some interest in him and discussion about how he would fit. In other cases it is seen as all part of the game.

I'm against EK. Our goal is to improve the D side, and we helped our offense with the Duchene signing. I think Harley and Nils will improve our puck moving from last year, and Smith and Steel will help our checking line while providing (we hope) a few more goals on offense. We probably need a defensive defenseman at less cost more than EK, looking at the whole roster.
Gotta have some help in transition on the backend. don’t need a ton of points, but gotta get out of our own end

Reactions: BeaverSports

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017

Kulikov. He actually just signed in Florida again this offseason. Watch your knees

Reactions: FirstRowUpperDeck

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Anyone know who has #13 reserved for them?

I noticed Domi didn’t get 13 when he specifically requests that number. They gave him #18. Then Sam Steel who wore #13 for the wild didn’t get it and had to go #18 as well. Was curious as to why, I think the last #13 was Janmark right?

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
Technically it's Damiani's as long as he's still in the organization or comes to an agreement with a vet

riley-damiani-843411613.png

Reactions: JeffP and Zapp

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Nill was on the Hardline today. When asked if there are spots for Stankoven and Bourque, Nill said yes as long as they convince the coaching staff they can be everyday players. If they’re going to be in and out of the lineup, Nill will instead send them back down to start the season.

In other words, no, there are not spots for both.

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
Nill was on the Hardline today. When asked if there are spots for Stankoven and Bourque, Nill said yes as long as they convince the coaching staff they can be everyday players. If they’re going to be in and out of the lineup, Nill will instead send them back down to start the season.

In other words, no, there are not spots for both.
i kinda hate this, but i also can't argue that it's not a sound approach.

i still think they're both on the roster for good by mid season at the latest.

Reactions: LT

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Have we had any prospects (under Nill's tenure) come up and immediately stick besides Heiskanen and Johnston? Nichushkin too, but I think if they could've sent him to the AHL they would have. There were extenuating circumstances there.

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Have we had any prospects (under Nill's tenure) come up and immediately stick besides Heiskanen and Johnston? Nichushkin too, but I think if they could've sent him to the AHL they would have. There were extenuating circumstances there.

Does Janmark count? Little older with SHL experience so not exactly the same situation.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
It's not like we've had a lot of prospects the caliber of Stankoven to base this on, but the closest comparables all did stick.
Imo if Stankoven wasn't on Kamloops he's in the NHL last year

Reactions: LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad