Off-season thread

Ghost of Kyiv

Wanted Dead and Alive
Feb 1, 2015
Schrödinger's Box
Seems relatively fair to me. Makes total sense to include all of Nils, March and Miller. Would like to see a bit of negotiation on the amount of retention or maybe less futures if the Sharks are pinching pennies.

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
The give really doesn’t feel like much. Essentially two late firsts and a late second and the Stars get out from under Marchment’s contract. The retention doesn’t feel like a huge issue. I don’t think you’re going to get them to retain much more in any trade, realistically.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
The give really doesn’t feel like much. Essentially two late firsts and a late second and the Stars get out from under Marchment’s contract. The retention doesn’t feel like a huge issue. I don’t think you’re going to get them to retain much more in any trade, realistically.
Yeah, I don’t think of this as much of a payment. I mean, sure it’s a pile of stuff, but we aren’t talking about a pile of stuff any good team would want. A rebuilding team is only interested because it involves the picks/prospects assortment with not a lot of long-term salary committed to vets.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
Can they get that down closer to 8 mil? That is a ton to give up for only 1.5 retention. I get it’s Karlsson but he is getting old and 4 more years of his contract.
I think the challenge there is if Karlsson was a UFA he’d get an $8 million a season contract. Asking the Sharks to retain enough to make his contract reasonable would have to up the return.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
IMG_2490.png

Lol

• Haha
Reactions: Ratbath

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan

I'm a fan of the idea of Karlsson, but. . .

Keep banging the drum: no one makes more than Miro. I don't care who it is. Not even the Stars franchise #1C makes more than him. Even if/when Robertson asks for more, trade him; same with Oettinger. Miro is the most important player on the roster.

. . . so SJ needs to retain more, or no deal. Also, the extra first seems a bit much, but whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Wow
Reactions: Elysian

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014

Keep banging the drum: no one makes more than Miro. I don't care who it is. Not even the Stars franchise #1C makes more than him. Even if/when Robertson asks for more, trade him; same with Oettinger. Miro is the most important player on the roster.

. . . so SJ needs to retain more, or no deal. Also, the extra first seems a bit much, but whatever. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's an unrealistic directive and a poor way to manage a team in general.
With the cap shooting up in 2yrs to 90m, that will not be the benchmark you want it to be

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010

We already have two guys making more than him

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
? Yzerman must not be that high on DeBrincat. We know he’s not big on term but now he’s not giving up 1sts?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015

So move our lone pick in the first 3 rounds for an offensive defensman who plays shittier defense than my 4 year old nephew who just started playing hockey. Yea not a fan of this.

Reactions: northstars

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
I’ve never really looked into PLD so I just looked up his stats. All this hype is for a guy with a career high of 63 points and two trade demands. I don’t see it.

Reactions: LT

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad