Off-season thread

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The buyouts don't make any sense at the end of the day. They likely can't get Benn to approve a buyout as it requires being placed on unconditional waivers, and he has a NMC.
Don't think this is correct. The protection a NMC affords is from regular waivers. The player cannot veto a buyout. What it does do is makes sure the player isn't claimed by some random team -- if they're bought out they go directly to UFA.

Reactions: redbeardtx and LT

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
Don't think this is correct. The protection a NMC affords is from regular waivers. The player cannot veto a buyout. What it does do is makes sure the player isn't claimed by some random team -- if they're bought out they go directly to UFA.

Oh, guess you're right. Wasn't sure if the lack of waivers stopped a unilateral buyout.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
This is also wrong.
Players with NMC don't go on unconditional (buyout) waivers at all.
Buyouts for those players just happen, no waivers of any kind

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
I wonder what Nill's plans are for the bottom 6. One would assume Glendening isn't coming back, but you never know- no Olofsson. No guarantee Kivi comes back. Faksa was rumored to be in trade talks last season.
How would y'all like to see the bottom six shake out?

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
So the 3rd best defensive team in GA is returning the same exact D, except upgrading Miller with Harley and its somehow seen as a bad thing…?

Everybody is overreacting a bit to the postseason imo - some pretty poor play (relative to regular season) by Lindell and Miro, Otter having a playoffs to forget after Minn, and the middle six disappearing v Vegas doesnt concern me as much for another “run it back” year. Sign Dadanov and just accrue cap space and make Chycrun-style trade at the TDL

Also important to remember that with those relatively poor performances, we still won 10 playoff games.

Reactions: Satan

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
The Avs had to do something about their barren center position but this doesn't exactly strike fear in our hearts. The Preds took off when they promoted their AHL guys over Johansen and co.

For the bottom 6 I would bring back JFK, let Glendening walk (Or retire? Do other teams covet literally the worst offensive player in the league?). I'm always open to a Faksa trade and it's possible seeing him in the playoffs could lead other teams to overrate. There needs to be a larger philosophy correction de-emphasizing faceoffs and promoting speed/forechecking.

I have very little faith in Dellandrea's hockey sense or future development so I consider him a bottom 6 player until team control runs out. Kiviranta-Bäck-Dellandrea would be the type of 4th line I'd be trying to build. Fast, cheap, under 30. I've seen a decent amount of progression in Bäck. You still have the lefty/righty faceoff taking split with him and Dellandrea. That's a line that could possess the puck and get in on you.

Reactions: Sports2

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Durzi to Phoenix for a 2nd

Raise your hand if you’d rather have him over Lundkvist
IMG_2486.gif

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
I would rather have Durzi as well. Plus he went for a 2nd. Nill drastically over paid for Lundkvist. I hope I’m wrong but the 1st in the draft will probably have more of an impact than Lundkvist. Durzi is worth a 2nd and Lundkvist is a 1st and 4th? Bad trade by Nill. He also screams Honka 2.0. Nill should have gotten Schneider instead for that price.

Last edited:

piqued

nos merentur hoc
Nov 22, 2006
I haaaaate this Dubois trade for LA. Winnipeg is getting the better player very, very shortly if not already. This Kings rebuild has gone absolutely nowhere.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad