Off-season thread

redbeardtx

Unregistered User
Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Looks like Hanifin, Lindholm, and now Backlund don’t wanna resign in Calgary. Toffoli and Tanev also have a year left on their deals and I don’t see why they’d stay with the way things are heading.

Shouldn’t have voodoo cursed Oettinger last year. Anyway, go get Tanev for cheap if Karlsson can’t happen.
Maybe they'd trade us Weegar for cheap? I know he just re-signed but if they're going scorched earth who knows. He could play RD with Heiskanen

Sports2

WDI
Jul 1, 2018
Bye Faksa bye marchment bye miller bye daddy bye domi bye glendening

Dont ask me whos gonna kill penalties

Reactions: Zapp

Zrhutch

Mar 26, 2013
Texas
Bye Faksa bye marchment bye miller bye daddy bye domi bye glendening

Dont ask me whos gonna kill penalties
Ty dellandrea 5v1
Maybe they'd trade us Weegar for cheap? I know he just re-signed but if they're going scorched earth who knows. He could play RD with Heiskanen
Would love it but that’d probably cost more than Karlsson w the term he has and the reasonable price point

Reactions: Sports2

redbeardtx

Unregistered User
Apr 7, 2014
Dallas, TX
Ty dellandrea 5v1

Would love it but that’d probably cost more than Karlsson w the term he has and the reasonable price point
First time GM of the team, there's a chance Nill can bend him over. If they could get some player(s) for the future they'd be smart to take it if it's a decent offer. I'd rather give up more for Weegar than say Tanev who is always injured

Reactions: Johno

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Nill is well known for exploring elite talent opportunities when they arise. I don't know if there's enough smoke to expect anything, though.

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Nill is well known for exploring elite talent opportunities when they arise. I don't know if there's enough smoke to expect anything, though.

I’d say Garrioch’s comments are a good amount of smoke. Pretty explicit that it was Detroit and Dallas to look out for. Could just be the Sens using Dallas to milk the Wings for more though.

Reactions: LT

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
IMG_2479.gif

Reactions: Magic Mittens

DieselPig

Oct 20, 2016
Toffoli seems like he would be an amazing fit with our forward crew and a great replacement for when Pavelski hangs them up. I think we should definitely try target as a potential addition this off-season. He always seems to play good against us too.

Reactions: LT and roryjones

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022
Seems like Calgary is having a sale. Nill make something happen.

I think Lindell needs to go. Too much cap for a defensive defenseman. He should be paid around 2-2.5 for what he offers not almost 6.

BigTomBomber

Nov 17, 2017
we gon outscore our problems, boys. defense is boring.
So the 3rd best defensive team in GA is returning the same exact D, except upgrading Miller with Harley and its somehow seen as a bad thing…?

Everybody is overreacting a bit to the postseason imo - some pretty poor play (relative to regular season) by Lindell and Miro, Otter having a playoffs to forget after Minn, and the middle six disappearing v Vegas doesnt concern me as much for another “run it back” year. Sign Dadanov and just accrue cap space and make Chycrun-style trade at the TDL

Reactions: Satan and Johno

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
So the 3rd best defensive team in GA is returning the same exact D, except upgrading Miller with Harley and its somehow seen as a bad thing…?

Everybody is overreacting a bit to the postseason imo - some pretty poor play (relative to regular season) by Lindell and Miro, Otter having a playoffs to forget after Minn, and the middle six disappearing v Vegas doesnt concern me as much for another “run it back” year. Sign Dadanov and just accrue cap space and make Chycrun-style trade at the TDL
i liked harley's game, but you have to admit our transition from the back end is pretty dreadful. regularly led to loss of possession, certainly killed offensive opportunities, and kept us from exiting our own zone too many times. the playoffs just revealed the weakness more so than the reg season bc teams forecheck harder/more consistently.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

It’s not the GAs that is the problem. Outside of Miro and maybe Harley the D-core can not move the puck. Teams took advantage of that all playoffs.

After his signing bonus is paid on the 1st, Benn waives for Ottawa.

Benn, Faksa, Bourque, 2nd

Source: Trust me, bro.
Can we switch Benn with Seguin? Also, I like how we gain a ton of cap space in this move. Debrincat will not cost what Benn makes annually. Plus moving Faksa’s 3+ would be nice.

That being said I have no interest in moving Jamie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad