Off-season thread

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW
I don't think getting guys who give the puck away more than they get the puck back are the guys you want on a winning squad.

roryjones

Oct 17, 2022

I read somewhere else about Dallas and debrincat but never gave it much thought. The cost is too much to get him and to sign him. What is he asking for? What does Ottawa want in return? No Johnston, Stankoven, Bourque, or Harley. Which does not leave much going back to Ottawa.

Kipper 17

Aug 11, 2006
Calgary, AB
If he only wants to be traded to two places that should drastically lower his trade value but what does it matter if we can’t afford him anyway?

David Castillo

Oct 29, 2014
San Antonio, TX

Food for thought re: Tanev, Brodie, etc.

Tanev would be solid assuming he stays healthy, but good lord that list is like a thousand bad stereotypes of "analytics merchants" all packed into one tweet.

If Dallas swings for a big trade like that, they're more likely to be in on Karlsson than DeBrincat. Especially if San Jose can bring his salary down to $8-ish million as has been reported.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
CORRECT YOUR MISTAKE JIMMY

Seriously though, absolutely no room for Debrincat without some seriously creative trades (Marchment, Faksa) and dumping guys like Suter and Miller.

I think D should be the focus anyway, and for forward trust on contributions from Bourque/Stank though I'm sure at least one will get anchored to Seguin. :( A better season from March would be great, at least to help make up for the Benn dropoff that will likely come.

Starry Knight

Tele-Wyatt
Jun 9, 2013
KW
I read somewhere else about Dallas and debrincat but never gave it much thought. The cost is too much to get him and to sign him. What is he asking for? What does Ottawa want in return? No Johnston, Stankoven, Bourque, or Harley. Which does not leave much going back to Ottawa.
If a signed Debrincat is coming back, Bourque and/or Harley are easily available.

Reactions: Dallasman and Zapp

Magic Mittens

Nov 2, 2006
Calgary
I'd rather not move Harley for Debrincat. We need cheaper D that can play in our top 4. Bourque I'm ok with moving

Something with Bourque and Marchment, Unless some miracle happens and Seguin ends up in Ottawa lol

Having a top 6 with Hintz, Jrob, Johnston, Debrincat, Stankoven and whoever is pretty solid

I'm only trading for Debrincat if he's signing under 8 a year. He's not better then Hintz or JRob

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
is anyone subscribed to Shapiro? Wondering what his source on DeBrincat willing to extend in Dallas is. If he’s just parroting Seravalli then it doesn’t hold much water.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Ah so DeBrincat is this offseasons big name player we are rumored to be in on huh. Nill won't do that deal. Probably just coming from DeBrincat's rumored list of teams he'd be okay with

I have no idea how a deal like that would even work cap wise, but I'm sure Nill has no interest in working any cap gymnastics. He will keep it simple I'm sure this offseason, plus there are other teams who can fit DeBrincat in + have the draft pick assets to do so. Highly doubt we trade a prospect

Elysian

Emo Stars Fan
Dec 4, 2011
Norton, OH
is anyone subscribed to Shapiro? Wondering what his source on DeBrincat willing to extend in Dallas is. If he’s just parroting Seravalli then it doesn’t hold much water.
He doesn't reveal his source, nor would I expect him to. Seravalli has been in on a lot of stuff, made me look dumb on the Bishop front, so I'm okay with him.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
He doesn't reveal his source, nor would I expect him to. Seravalli has been in on a lot of stuff, made me look dumb on the Bishop front, so I'm okay with him.

I'm guessing but Shapiro is likely assuming he is willing to sign an extension to these teams.

Imo it'll be Nashville or Detroit. I'd give even Vegas a better shot than us with how unwilling they are to let the cap stop them

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
frank is fine
I don’t have a problem with his credibility but he just repeated what Garrioch said and that is was “believed” the Stars are on his list. But his list had quite a few teams on it if it’s believed to be true anyway. Trying to find reasons to not be excited at all because I don’t see DeBrincat as a Nill priority. We’ll have to see what happens with Domi first.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
I don’t have a problem with his credibility but he just repeated what Garrioch said and that is was “believed” the Stars are on his list. But his list had quite a few teams on it if it’s believed to be true anyway. Trying to find reasons to not be excited at all because I don’t see DeBrincat as a Nill priority. We’ll have to see what happens with Domi first.
Nothing to be excited about, Nill has never made the kind of moves that would be needed to fit Debrincat, and he probably shouldn't either.
Hell he won't even buy out Suter, which is going to be his biggest mistake since drafting Gurianov in the 1st round and it's almost as easy a choice as drafting Barzal/Connor was

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad