Off-season thread

JeffP

had meat hello
Nov 30, 2010
Never mind it was already mentioned.

Suter buyout window opens tomorrow. I bought a small goat to sacrifice to the Lord of light
We all know to expect him to be a top-liner next season and never get our hopes up.
But If we jinx it hard maybe something will be different.

WAIT maybe Olofsson was the sacrifice for the Suter buyout!?
200w.gif

Last edited:
Reactions: DieselPig

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I don't get it. I know he's primarily there as an AHL guy, but if the Stars think he sucks so bad the team would rather destroy Oettinger than play Matt Murray, then what's the point of re-signing him?

Well dedends on what they do with Scheel who is also RFA . I assume they don't qualify him and instead sign an experienced Number 3 goalie who splits the starts with Murray in the AHL and Poirier is the #1 in Idaho.

Also last year was Murrays first pro-season in general. He just wasn't ready for NHL games that quickly but Stars had no other choice because Khudobin had become completely unplayable

Well other than going out and getting a better #3 at the deadline ( which i sorta lobbied for back then ) because Wedge was still out for a few weeks around that time.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
is there an advantage to doing it now?
might you want to wait until you sign someone that puts you over the cap to do so? just keep him on board as an emergency fall back until you get the chance to cut ties.

WhoahNow

WhatsApp lead the way
Sep 7, 2011
Keep on thinking how good of a pairing of Heiskanen-Johns would have been. Wish they would just get their poop in a group and acquire someone on the right to pair with him.

Also it wouldnt be ideal, but what about moving Lindell over to the right hand side. He doenst really make break out passes or anything.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I didn't remotely pay attention to Vancouver this season. Did he suddenly become bad? What happened to him that Vancouver would even consider this?

He had been bad in Arizona for years before the Canucks aquired him and for some reason actually gave up value to get him . Last time OEL was any good was in 18-19 .

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland
OEL and Loui Eriksson- from ultra underrated in small markets to absolutely washed at 30 in Vancouver

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Pens fan here. We have a hole on LD and the UFA LD market isn't looking so great.

1. Do you think Suter would rather be bought out or traded?
2. Would Granlund have any place in Dallas?

Clearly I'd like to get rid of Granlund but if he doesn't make sense I'd still have some interest in Suter.

Thanks in advance!

Zapp

Owner of Fellas Club
Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
Pens fan here. We have a hole on LD and the UFA LD market isn't looking so great.

Clearly I'd like to get rid of Granlund but if he doesn't make sense I'd still have some interest in Suter.

Thanks in advance!

If you’re looking for a bribe to take Suter we handle those negotiations in WhatsApp. I’m just the money but @Satan will handle the paperwork.

Satan

MIGHTY
Apr 13, 2010
Lapland

Thanks in advance!
I'm not convinced Suter gets bought out and Granlund would be a bigger negative than Suter is

Reactions: Dallasman and LT

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad