Blue Jays Discussion: Off-season Edition 5.0 - The Winter Meeting Chronicles

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015

Please note that the following chart is meant as an estimate, and that league-average FIP varies on a year-by-year basis so that it is always the same as league-average ERA. To see the league-average FIP for every year from 1901 to the present, check the FanGraphs leaderboards.

L volume 2

The difference between the people on the other forum and this one is we can read. Stop insulting us with this poor attempt at trolling and go back to reddit n let the 15 yr olds know theyre wrong about Stroman.

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Lol I know how to evaluate pitchers quite well. His 3.71 FIP is considered average. The K's per 9 are nothing special.

I'm just saying, Stroman is a future number 3.

It was 21st in all of baseball. That'd be a #1 on a few teams, but put him 2 on ours.

ChampsSince67

Apr 22, 2015
Canada
I agree, if we ask Correa we are out to lunch. Best SS out there not even taking age into consideration. But his ceiling is a 3? What? I'd say his ceiling is a number 1 but likely will be a very good number 2, while Sanchez could be elite.

this post i agree with. I'm more pessimistic than others on Stroman. If everything works out, sure he could be a number one.

Poor choice of words on my part. I should have said I likely see him as a number 3. You see him as a number 2. Thats just a matter of opinion.

metafour

Apr 6, 2008
If Stroman is your number one, in no way do you have the depth for a title.

What if your lineup consists of the 9 best players at each of their respective positions? Can you win a title then?

There is no ONE way to win a title. Cleveland just barely missed a title (they choked) with a rotation full of "back end starters" because two of their best pitchers were hurt. Just stop talking.

Yeah15

2nd Tier Fan
Sponsor
Mar 15, 2007
I've been watching the Jays for years, but definitely know dick all about advanced stats and I'm definitely not going to try and pretend that I know much about valuation of players. But I'm sure glad to see Stroman sought of so highly around here, I know he's a talented young pitcher but I didn't think he had so much value until reading this thread.

ChampsSince67

Apr 22, 2015
Canada
Please note that the following chart is meant as an estimate, and that league-average FIP varies on a year-by-year basis so that it is always the same as league-average ERA. To see the league-average FIP for every year from 1901 to the present, check the FanGraphs leaderboards.

L volume 2

The difference between the people on the other forum and this one is we can read. Stop insulting us with this poor attempt at trolling and go back to reddit n let the 15 yr olds know theyre wrong about Stroman.

alright lets take the variance and put him above average for the year based on this season.

i also don't post on reddit lmfao

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
I know multiple Jays fans (who have been watching before 2015) from baseball forums I post on.

Majority have Stroman as the future number 3.

Also y'all need to trade Donaldson during his peak. My unpopular opinion.

is it that same BJMB that all predicted Sanchez was a pen piece at best and the Jays would be better off trading them? I'd love to know your username on there :laugh:

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
I know multiple Jays fans (who have been watching before 2015) from baseball forums I post on.

Majority have Stroman as the future number 3.

Also y'all need to trade Donaldson during his peak. My unpopular opinion.

There are many people here who have been watching before 2015 as well.

I love how that's the latest insult to Jays fans. "Well I was watching BEFORE 2015, so I'm better than you"

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Lol I know how to evaluate pitchers quite well. His 3.71 FIP is considered average. The K's per 9 are nothing special.

I'm just saying, Stroman is a future number 3.

Career as SP:

Stroman (25): 56gs, 6.3ip/gs, 91era-, 82fip-, 81xfip-, 7.1fwar, 6.6ra9war, 3.9war/32gs

So far, overall, he's been a good #2 SP.

Though at this point he's actually looked more like a #1 for most of the time, with one crazy stretch of awfulness in the middle of this season bringing down his numbers.

ChampsSince67

Apr 22, 2015
Canada
is it that same BJMB that all predicted Sanchez was a pen piece at best and the Jays would be better off trading them? I'd love to know your username on there :laugh:

don't know that site.

and sanchez is elite. hell of a pitcher there.

and you suggesting trading donaldson is a bad idea?

Leaftors

Jul 21, 2011
Welland, Ontario
lmfao baseball fan since 2015?

want me to get into how hard stroman gets hit on exit velocity?

Yes, clearly because not only i, but pretty much everyone else in this thread are disagreeing with what your saying, and your conclusion is that i havent been a baseball fan that long. Thats awesome

ChampsSince67

Apr 22, 2015
Canada
Career as SP:

Stroman (25): 56gs, 6.3ip/gs, 91era-, 82fip-, 81xfip-, 7.1fwar, 6.6ra9war, 3.9war/32gs

So far, overall, he's been a good #2 SP.

Though at this point he's actually looked more like a #1 for most of the time, with one crazy stretch of awfulness in the middle of this season bringing down his numbers.

matter of opinion on this one. Number 2 is a fair assessment.

I don't know where this idea of being a good number 3 is coming from.

ChampsSince67

Apr 22, 2015
Canada
Yes, clearly because not only i, but pretty much everyone else in this thread are disagreeing with what your saying, and your conclusion is that i havent been a baseball fan that long. Thats awesome

ignore his exit velocity and how hard he gets hit.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
I love how Sanchez gets brought in like having 2 #1s is a bad thing :laugh: . Red Sox might have 3 (Porcello/Sale/Price). Toronto fans are spoiled with talented players they **** on. It's annoying more than anything else

ChampsSince67

Apr 22, 2015
Canada
I love how Sanchez gets brought in like having 2 #1s is a bad thing :laugh: . Red Sox might have 3 (Porcello/Sale/Price). Toronto fans are spoiled with talented players they **** on. It's annoying more than anything else

stroman isn't a number one. He's a low end number 2/high end number 3.

How is that a bad thing? Number ones don't grow on trees.

Also Porcello isn't a number one. He had an abnormal year. I put him as a number 3.

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
1flf91.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad