Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Eller will definitely be traded. He just doesn't agree with the role the team has him playing.

He's not wrong though. It's not like he's being an ******* about it either.

To be fair, I was certain Eller was going to be traded at the deadline and wouldn't be surprised if MB revisits those trade discussions.

Turtleneck Plek

Real Life
Mar 23, 2008
Montreal
Eller will definitely be traded. He just doesn't agree with the role the team has him playing.

Yup. MT will not be happy to hear Eller believes we could perform better under a different system, which is pretty much what he said.

''We felt Lars didn't have da work etik to compete with dis team.'' - MT after the incoming Eller trade

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I get that from watching him play this season and in the playoffs, and everyone that watched him play know as much. Stop being the boards' contrarian for the sake of being different. Prust can hardly keep up anymore.

I've never disagreed more with one single person :laugh:

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Looks like MTs power base in the room is Pac and DD, It's in his best interest to keep them around...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
He's not wrong though. It's not like he's being an ******* about it either.

To be fair, I was certain Eller was going to be traded at the deadline and wouldn't be surprised if MB revisits those trade discussions.

The problem is, he's not a top 6 forward on a playoff team. If he wants to be a top 6 guy, he'll have to go to a bottom feeder or the KHL. Just the facts.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
Trade proposal :
To SJ : Plekanec, Emelin, Tinordi, Bournival, Tokarski, 2015 1st, 2016 cond. 2nd (become 1st if MTL is beastmode),

To MTL :
Thornton, Marleau

Sharks look to rebuild and change era and i get the feeling we can take advantage of that. Am I giving too much ? Not enough ? You guys tell... I agree they might wanna get more by trading the two separately and its not EA sports and all that, but it would still be awesome IMO.

Mtl re-signs Petry 5.5 X 5 and Mitchell for as low ap

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Eller - Thornton - Marleau
Hudon - DD - Parenteau
Weise - Mitchell - Prust

Subban - Markov
Beaulieu - Petry
Pateryn - Gilbert
UFA

Price
UFA/trade

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Looks like MTs power base in the room is Pac and DD, It's in his best interest to keep them around...

Subban had a whole article saying how Therrien helped make him better, pretty strong support there.

I doubt Price throws him under the bus for helping him win the Vezina and Hart.

Who else? Eller? He's a role player, MB tried to trade him this past season.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
The problem is, he's not a top 6 forward on a playoff team. If he wants to be a top 6 guy, he'll have to go to a bottom feeder or the KHL. Just the facts.

No, his grade is an I for incomplete because we did not experiment with him at all in the top 6. The strongest evidence against Eller would have been him given top 6 roles and him failing, just like a science experiment.

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal

Based on what exactly? He's never been given a shot, except maybe when he played with Chuck and Gally and we all know how that went...

waffledave

waffledave, from hf
Aug 22, 2004
Montreal
Trade proposal :
To SJ : Plekanec, Emelin, Tinordi, Bournival, Tokarski, 2015 1st, 2016 cond. 2nd (become 1st if MTL is beastmode),

To MTL :
Thornton, Marleau

Sharks look to rebuild and change era and i get the feeling we can take advantage of that. Am I giving too much ? Not enough ? You guys tell... I agree they might wanna get more by trading the two separately and its not EA sports and all that, but it would still be awesome IMO.

Hudon - DD - Parenteau
Weise - Mitchell - Prust

Subban - Markov
Beaulieu - Petry
Pateryn - Gilbert
UFA

Price
UFA/trade

I am all for trading for JT but you don't get him for the 2nd line lol...

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Trade proposal :

To MTL :
Thornton, Marleau

Hudon - DD - Parenteau
Weise - Mitchell - Prust

Subban - Markov
Beaulieu - Petry
Pateryn - Gilbert
UFA

Price
UFA/trade

I can't see San Jose making this deal. They'd probably get more attractive pieces in 2 seperate deals of Jumbo & Marleau. And they might not want to waive their full NMC.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Subban had a whole article saying how Therrien helped make him better, pretty strong support there.

Link please for the Subban article. Not everyone follows the press like hawks, so it is foolish to assume it is common knowledge.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007

As if there was any doubt about DD, but Patches seriously? What a bland player. What leadership qualities does he have? His performance on the ice? Nope, rip that A off of him, give it to Gally and the C for PK.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
I'm not sure why people are interpreting Subban's comments about being in transition as a shot to management. When you look at the interview and put things in context, he simply said that as a player your focus is never on wether it's a transition, rebuild or whatever, every player wants to win.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

That's confirmation bias. We know he produced 30 points in 46 games, indicating he does have untapped potential. We simply have done nothing to exploit it. Even if Eller were vaulted onto the powerplay and struggled, you'd have something of an argument. But he has been relegated to the third line with crap for wingers. Swap Eller and DD and DD's numbers would plummet.

OldCraig71

Juice Arse
Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
DD will not be traded, he will get playing time under the current regime. Eller will be on the way out and I will be shocked if he is still here come training camp. The most under utilized player on our roster. Good For Larry for telling the truth and shame on Max for being a brown noser.

Suiteness

Mar 14, 2003
Time to Rebuild
Visit site

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

How did Therrien help Price win the Hart or Vezina? He did Price no favors all season long. Habs were outshot for the large majority of games in the regular season. If anything it was Price who helped Therrien keep his job.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Trade proposal :

To MTL :
Thornton, Marleau

Hudon - DD - Parenteau
Weise - Mitchell - Prust

Subban - Markov
Beaulieu - Petry
Pateryn - Gilbert
UFA

Price
UFA/trade

That makes no sense.

A-the Habs have a young core, makes no sense to cripple your team for a 1-2 year window

B_those guys have not exactly led the Sharks to glory in their career or the last few years.

C-if you were to get those guys, why the hell would you put Eller with them? Give them a legit top 6 linemate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad