Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Dandenault? Is that Dandenault from Dandouillon fame?

He's already lost it. Honestly, if Price wasn't having the season he was having.. Therrien would have been gone.. not just because of results but because the team legitimately rallied around Price.

Already lost Galchenyuk. Subban has his own pride, but wouldn't mind seeing him shipped out after T tried to reinvent the wheel with him. Yanking him off the PK, WTF. Sure, Subban needed lessons in being punctual, but damn, Therrien also had to taken him over the coals to the press. Probably Eller for a very long time. Seeing player 51 on the first line, every night, all night long could not have gone unnoticed.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 2m2 minutes ago
#Habs Subban: "Am I supposed to come in and say 'it's a transition year we'll see how it goes'? That's not the mentality you want to have."

Relax PK

And we got the voice from one of the bigger players. Now let's see people try and argue about "playing for the coach."

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
The Habs are in no position to trade Plekanec, that I agree with. It would imply they'd go into next season putting a lot of pressure on Galchenyuk, and I'm not sure that's the way to go.

It also implies DD is with the team to stay.

For the 'big' offensive center that we need, we need to trade Desharnais and promote Galchenyuk as center.

Galchenyuk-Eller-Plekanec-Mitchell for centers.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
For the 'big' offensive center that we need, we need to trade Desharnais and promote Galchenyuk has center.

The way I see it as well. Eller/Plekanec/Mitchell can really shelter Galchenyuk defensively as he gets comfortable with the position, because, you know, he hasn't played it in 4 years now?

jwrocks1

Mar 28, 2015
And we got the voice from one of the bigger players. Now let's see people try and argue about "playing for the coach."

they want to win now. that seems like the running theme with the quotes. And they feel they have a team that is close.

To me, it means that MB was given the green light by the guys to make stuff happen this summer. He wants them happy, he wants them motivated, he knwos what he needs to do now.....give them the las t pieces to really be contenders

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Prust forgot to come today? I guess he forgot to show up too in the playoffs.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
For the 'big' offensive center that we need, we need to trade Desharnais and promote Galchenyuk has center.

I'd make a pitch for Richardson or Santorelli if they test free agency. Both are much better players than Mitchell, and should come at <2M. Yes, I keep propping former Canucks, but I know a lot about them. :laugh:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Prust forgot to come today? I guess he forgot to show up too in the playoffs.

He's just done. He's not bad due to a lack of effort. He can't skate. He can't handle the puck. He can't shoot.

The guy never was all that talented to begin with, but he went 110% when he was on the ice. I guess the multiple injuries finally took a toll on him.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I'd make a pitch for Richardson or Santorelli if they test free agency. Both are much better players than Mitchell, and should come at <2M. Yes, I keep propping former Canucks, but I know a lot about them. :laugh:

Richardson always impresses me when I watch him play... Definitely a good player to have. Santorelli is very skilled, too. More of a third liner, though, as opposed to Mitchell whom is, I think, a perfect 4th liner.

I doubt Mitchell gets even close to 2.5M on his next contract. If he's willing to sign for half of that, I'd keep him.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Patches is in the PAP-DD-MT clique but he is the kind of snake that will jump ship when things go down and all his allies are gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad