Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Dan Robertson ‏@DRTSN690 2m2 minutes ago
Asked if he wanted a bigger offensive role and if he was ready for a bigger offensive role, Lars Eller replied with a firm 'yes' to both.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 18s18 seconds ago
#Habs Galchenyuk: "Coach thought it would be a good way to get me going on the wing with Davey. I struggled for a few games but it helped."

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
Can someone please post a link of videos of the players giving their thoughts to the media?

Would be greatly appreciated.

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
The truth of the matter is that I see us being worse next year. I just don't see MB being able to improve the offense in the off season via trade and the UFA market and I don't think our young guys are ready to have a big enough impact.

It would be a miracle if Hudon and Andrighetto could step and both be offensive threats. They seem to be the most mature of our offensive prospects.

I also still think the Sekac-DSP trade really set us back.

I think you're right, MB is not creative or bold enough

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
I really want to see Eller in a bigger role in a offensive system. Give him a top winger for once and see what happens. I just won't ever give up on this guy. (LIke MT with DD)

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Dandenault. "Muté a l'aile, beaucoup d'adversité, ça devient un souffre douleur pour Michel Therrien. Bonne saison malgré tout ce qu'il a eu à traversé. "

"DD had a great season despite all the adversity, had to play wing, etc... Kind of a scapegoat for MT."

WTF

Dandenault? Is that Dandenault from Dandouillon fame?

Therrien will lose this room, if not next year, very soon after that. That's always been Therrien's deal. Good to get immediate result out of a group of player, but never, ever the guy you want long term behind the bench. He has a short shelf life, and it's starting to show.

He's already lost it. Honestly, if Price wasn't having the season he was having.. Therrien would have been gone.. not just because of results but because the team legitimately rallied around Price.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
The difference between Pacioretty and Desharnais' answers in comparison to Subban and Eller is very telling.

Pacioretty wants the C, Subban wants to be the leader.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Even Yvon ****ing Pedneault said Desharnais would probably be better off on another team where he'd have less pressure and wouldn't be the first center.

Has to be a nice way by Yvon to say he should be off the team. I'm sure he knows DD wouldnt be any better elsewhere.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Asked if he wanted a bigger offensive role and if he was ready for a bigger offensive role, Lars Eller replied with a firm 'yes' to both.

He has been for a while. He just has an idiot for a coach.

Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 18s18 seconds ago
#Habs Galchenyuk: "Coach thought it would be a good way to get me going on the wing with Davey. I struggled for a few games but it helped."

Of course. The whole reason for Therriens existence is to help Davey. The nepotism is strong.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I don't blame Eller, and especially Galchenyuk for being pissed off. Eller has basically played with a revolving door of crap without getting even a sniff of offense. I guarantee if he ends up traded, we'll regret it down the road. Likewise, Galchenyuk's development has been horrendously mishandled and at least half this board have been saying as much for the better part of two years. Never before have I seen an organization take three years playing a kid on a different position than the one they actually want him to play. It's absurd.

As for Desharnais. I actually think he's a decent player, however Therrien's insistence of making him the #1 center mires any positive attributes DD can offer because his deficiencies are always on full display. It's the equivalent of saying Weise sucks when he's tossed on the first line. Sure, he does. Because he's an excellent fourth line player.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
I want Galchenyuk to play with Patch at the beginning of next season.
I hope at least one of Scherbak/McCarron/Hudon
will make the team out of camp.
I hope we take advantage of another team who wants to part ways with one of their good C or W (San Jose maybe?)
I'd imagine it would be something like 1st + Emelin + for Joe/Marleau and I would do it.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Therrien will lose this room, if not next year, very soon after that. That's always been Therrien's deal. Good to get immediate result out of a group of player, but never, ever the guy you want long term behind the bench. He has a short shelf life, and it's starting to show.

He's already losing it. The fact players are being this candid suggests as much.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I don't blame Eller, and especially Galchenyuk for being pissed off. Eller has basically played with a revolving door of crap without getting even a sniff of offense. I guarantee if he ends up traded, we'll regret it down the road. Likewise, Galchenyuk's development has been horrendously mishandled and at least half this board have been saying as much for the better part of two years. Never before have I seen an organization take three years playing a kid on a different position than the one they actually want him to play. It's absurd.

As for Desharnais. I actually think he's a decent player, however Therrien's insistence of making him the #1 center mires any positive attributes DD can offer because his deficiencies are always on full display. It's the equivalent of saying Weise sucks when he's tossed on the first line. Sure, he does. Because he's an excellent fourth line player.

I honestly don't even think DD is a decent player.. especially in the play-offs. For a guy who is touted as a playmaker and a passer.. he did a lot of passing the buck to his wingers (put himself into a bad position, gave a bad pass to a player in a worse spot so that the turn-over would be on them, not him) and he did a lot of passing to open spaces where NOBODY was going.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 2m2 minutes ago
#Habs Subban: "Am I supposed to come in and say 'it's a transition year we'll see how it goes'? That's not the mentality you want to have."

Relax PK

And the locker room divide is exposed. He's pissed. Good. That's what a real leader would be. Upset that his team failed. Not licking a dirty corn hole.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

Desharnais is an offensive player you don't want to have on your first 2 lines. He can generate offense on a 3rd line in an exploitation role, but he's small, isn't a capable two-way forward, and isn't physical nearly enough to keep up with the play style Therrien wants the guys to play.

Basically, he's a career AHLer. A great point producer at the AHL level, even, but not good enough to do the same in the NHL, and not fit to play a role on the bottom two lines.

He should have been nothing more than a stop gap for this team. The fact he was resigned for 4 years at 3.5M still baffles me.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

And this is why I want to keep Plekanec. Deploy him on the third line to help offset any struggles Galchenyuk and Eller may have adapting to top six, offensive minutes. It's also why I'm a big proponent of getting quality depth like Higgins to make Plek's line essentially take over from Eller's.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 1m1 minute ago
#Habs Price: "I see these guys in practice. We have a lot of scoring on this team."

Good guy, Price.

#Habs Subban: "The past few seasons we seem to be in contention with the best teams in the league. I hope we continue to take those steps."

Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 20s20 seconds ago
#Habs Subban on Price: "We can't let him face 40 or 50 shots per night, that's not fair to him."

PK is a true leader. Not licking ass like Patches.

Richard Labbé ‏@Richardlabbe 51s52 seconds ago
#Habs P-A Parenteau says he played injured in playoffs; shoulder injury.

Well, you're always 'injured'. You legitimately just suck PAP. If he was injured and not producing it makes even LESS sense that Andrighetto wasn't given a shot with our backs against the wall.

#Habs Subban: "Am I supposed to come in and say 'it's a transition year we'll see how it goes'? That's not the mentality you want to have."

Relax PK

Perfect. Say it like it is.

Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 48s48 seconds ago
What's the big thing missing? #Habs Plekanec: "We just didn't score enough goals." Is that the system? "I don't think so."

Well, it was the system.. and it was you not knowing how to score on empty nets.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
And this is why I want to keep Plekanec. Deploy him on the third line to help offset any struggles Galchenyuk and Eller may have adapting to top six, offensive minutes. It's also why I'm a big proponent of getting quality depth like Higgins to make Plek's line essentially take over from Eller's.

The Habs are in no position to trade Plekanec, that I agree with. It would imply they'd go into next season putting a lot of pressure on Galchenyuk, and I'm not sure that's the way to go.

It also implies DD is with the team to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad