Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Can someone clear up what we're suppose to be transitioning from exactly? We made the ECF last season and had pretty much the same team this year.

Hopefully coaching staff transition

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
TVA Sports ‏@TVASports 42s43 seconds ago View translation
«Je me vois ici pour longtemps», insiste Parenteau. http://*******/1Hj8EBw

Please by a PR move, please be a PR move.

"Parenteau insists that he 'sees himself here for a long time'"

Last edited:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
TVA Sports ‏@TVASports 36s37 seconds ago View translation
«Mon choix de capitaine serait Max Pacioretty. Carey aussi a mené par l'exemple.» -Parenteau

"Pacioretty would be my choice for captain. Carey also leads by example."

Last edited:

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
TVA Sports ‏@TVASports 36s37 seconds ago View translation
«Mon choix de capitaine serait Max Pacioretty. Carey aussi a mené par l'exemple.» -Parenteau

The first player to actually give their true input on who should be the captain so far.

SlappyHabby

Jun 11, 2014
After having given this topic some very serious thought over the last several days, here would be my off-season priorities:

#1 Reach out to Guy Boucher and offer him the position of special teams coach for both the PP & PK, with the understanding that if MT gets fired he will slot in as the head coach in his stead. If he agrees, I fire Dan Lacroix and Clément Jodoin on the spot.

The effect of this hire would be two-fold: firstly we immediately improve our special teams and notably our PP, and two Therrien would feel the pressure to try different things if the team isnt doing well knowing that his potential replacement is only two feet away from him.

Also, I get the impression that Boucher would work well with our youngsters such as Galchenyuk and would take a more pro-active approach with him and others instead of Therrien's dictatorial manner and favoritism.

#2 Finding a taker for Tomas Plekanec, he's got to go at this point while he still has some decent value as trade bait. I love the guy but he simply doesnt cut it in the playoffs and since it is extremely unlikely that DD will be on the move TP will be the odd man out.

If I'm MB, I'd give the Avalanche a call and inquire about O'Reilly. I remember reading that Roy loves what Andrighetto brings to the table and thinks very highly of him, so I would propose the following trade to them:

Tomas Plekanec + Sven Andrighetto

For

Ryan O'Reilly + 2015 3rd pick

We get ourselves a versatile centreman/winger in the deal who plays a two-way game and is solid defensively and with better offensive instincts than Plekanec, and the Avs get a centreman who is a slightly lesser version of the same player they just trade to us, along with a promising young offensive prospect.

Win-win trade for both clubs imo. Our chances of re-signing O'Reilly are slim however, but we would immediately become a better team for next year and improve our offence in the process. If he walks, by then one of Hudon-McCarron-Scherbak should be able to step up with the big club the following season allowing us to save money on the cap.

So once again, win-win scenario.

#3 Re-signing Jeff Petry at all costs and move Tom Gilbert if he signs with us to accomodate his salary and to make room for our youngsters. I'd go as high as 6x6 for Petry, but anything more than that and I let him walk and use that leftover money to make a play for Phil Kessel from Toronto.

Say what you want about Kessel, the guy is an elite goal scorer and would absolutely tear it up alongside Pacioretty and Galchenyuk on the RW.

Pacioretty-Galchenyuk-Kessel has the potential to be one of the most dangerous offensive lines in the entire league, and with Alex playing alongside two offensive powerhouses his numbers would skyrocket as would his confidence in his own abilities, and he would finally become that coveted #1 center we have been dreaming about for almost two decades.

Of course, this is entirely contingent on Therrien letting them play together, but it is more likely that his favorite pet DD would be centering them, which brings me to my next and arguably most important off-season move:

#4 Sitting down with Therrien and making it clear to him that no matter what the circumstances, he is to play Galchenyuk at center for the entire season and start transitioning him to play the role he was drafted for. If need be, I trade DD for a 7th or future considerations to get him away from the team and to allow Alex to blossom.

Oh and Emelin is going absolutely nowhere, the amount of posters who want this guy gone while he was one of our most dependable and reliable Dmen this playoffs is simply astounding to me! so what if he is overpaid by .5mil at best, what he brings to the table we need until Dmen such as Lernout/Dietz and Tinordi break out as full-timers.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 2m2 minutes ago View translation
#canadiens Jeff Petry soutient qu'il aimerait bien revenir à Montréal la saison prochaine. C'est son premier choix. #tvasports

"Pretry claims that they would like to return to Montreal next season. It's his first choice."

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

The fact that he'd say this instead of the good old "I will talk to my agent and analyze every single option" makes me hopefulll that he'll be back

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 2m2 minutes ago View translation
#canadiens Jeff Petry soutient qu'il aimerait bien revenir à Montréal la saison prochaine. C'est son premier choix. #tvasports

"Pretry claims that they would like to return to Montreal next season. It's his first choice."

...Until Bergevin lowballs him in an insulting fashion

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006

Mitchell wants to stay here but doesn't know Bergevin's intentions.

void

Jan 5, 2006
Galchenyuk making pretty obvious that he wants to play centre. He also said that the reason why Therrien switched him to wing is because Therrien wanted him to play with Desharnais.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 2m2 minutes ago
#Habs Galchenyuk: "Yeah.. At the end of the day, you want me to play center, put me at center. You want me on the wing, put me on the wing."

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
View 2 new Tweets
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 37s37 seconds ago
#Habs Galchenyuk pretty sick of answering that question. Says he also feels comfortable at centre but seems to feel he has no control here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad