Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Galchenyuk making pretty obvious that he wants to play centre. He also said that the reason why Therrien switched him to wing is because Therrien wanted him to play with Desharnais.

Those must be some scary words to hear as a hockey player

void

Jan 5, 2006
Whoa.

Eller was asked if he was happy with his role and his response:

"Umm... *long pause*"

He said he wants to play more and he wants to play an offensive role.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
«On voudrait marquer plus de buts, mais notre système fait qu'on gagne des matchs serrés» -Desharnais

We want to score more goals, but our system is such that we win close games.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 2m2 minutes ago
#Habs Galchenyuk: "Yeah.. At the end of the day, you want me to play center, put me at center. You want me on the wing, put me on the wing."

View 2 new Tweets
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 37s37 seconds ago
#Habs Galchenyuk pretty sick of answering that question. Says he also feels comfortable at centre but seems to feel he has no control here.

Tell em Chucky!

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 34s35 seconds ago
What's missing? #Habs Eller: "Ha. I'm sure everyone has an opinion on that. I won't get into that."

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
From what i see here. DD big smile, satisfied with his season, with the system. Glachenyuk and Eller pissed. Tells a lot.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Eller "in the lockout season we were one of the highest scoring teams and we're still a lot of the same guys....but our identity isn't a high scoring team."

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 51s51 seconds ago
Lars Eller asked if happy w/his role. Paused, then said he could do more. Then added, he wants 2play more offensive role #HeTooWantedEGGline

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Eller, Chucky, PK and Price are beauties.

They're all fed up. Price does it in a charming way.. between the lines.. Eller is being PG because he hates Therrien.. Chucky and PK just don't give a ****.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Honestly, I love all I'm hearing except of course from PAP/DD

I want Petry back.. I want Mitchell back..
Eller should play in an offensive role as our 2C behind Chucky who should be our 1C
I agree with Eller, Price, and PK when they say they have skill and can score, they just don't play the way they need to in order to score.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 30s31 seconds ago
There was a loooooooong pause after someone asked Eller if he was happy with his role on the team. That was pretty telling.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 30s31 seconds ago
There was a loooooooong pause after someone asked Eller if he was happy with his role on the team. That was pretty telling.

Well, yeah, he's infinitely better in every facet of the game than DD. Yet NEVER gets a look.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
From the interviews you can easily see who benefits and who doesn't from Therrien's system. Wow.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Eller "in the lockout season we were one of the highest scoring teams and we're still a lot of the same guys....but our identity isn't a high scoring team."

Sorry to quote my own post, but I'm happy Lars said this because it was brought up at several points during the season.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Zack ‏@Zack_HOH 53s54 seconds ago
"Moving forward I hope to be an even bigger part of this team"-Weise Yikes

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
Even Yvon ****ing Pedneault said Desharnais would probably be better off on another team where he'd have less pressure and wouldn't be the first center.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Dandenault on DD. "Muté a l'aile, beaucoup d'adversité, ça devient un souffre douleur pour Michel Therrien. Bonne saison malgré tout ce qu'il a eu à traversé. "

"DD had a great season despite all the adversity, had to play wing, etc... Kind of a scapegoat for MT."

WTF

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
From the interviews you can easily see who benefits and who doesn't from Therrien's system. Wow.

Therrien will lose this room, if not next year, very soon after that. That's always been Therrien's deal. Good to get immediate result out of a group of player, but never, ever the guy you want long term behind the bench. He has a short shelf life, and it's starting to show.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
I wished Markov would have been injured 'cause now that he wasn't...that's tradeable material.....or lower his icetime big time material for the remainder of his contract. Which makes the Petry signing a must and then some. No Petry, this Habs team is not progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad