Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
Would love AK coming back, on a small contract, wouldn't have the out-of-this-world expectations he had earlier, and he always played well with Eller. They both have tunnel like vision, but they both managed to find each other on the ice, for some reason. Still remember that crazy puck control and pass to Eller for one of his goals, on his 4 goals night. At least he'd be a threat to score whenever he's there, and hits like a truck...

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
The truth of the matter is that I see us being worse next year. I just don't see MB being able to improve the offense in the off season via trade and the UFA market and I don't think our young guys are ready to have a big enough impact.

It would be a miracle if Hudon and Andrighetto could step and both be offensive threats. They seem to be the most mature of our offensive prospects.

I also still think the Sekac-DSP trade really set us back.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Trade Gilbert for a 3rd/4th round pick
Buy-out PAP
Lehkonen and a 2016 2nd for Sharp
Do whatever it takes to get rid of Desharnais

Pacioretty - Plekanec - DSP
Sharp - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
DLR - Eller - Andrighetto/Scherbak/Hudon/McCarron
Prust - Mitchell - Weise
Flynn/Bournival

Markov- Subban
Emelin - Petry
Beaulieu - Pateryn
Tinordi

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Markov said he didn't have any injuries in the playoffs and that he wasn't tired. With the way he played in the playoffs that's not a good sign going forward with him. Re-signing Petry is an absolute must for MB.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Markov said he didn't have any injuries in the playoffs and that he wasn't tired. With the way he played in the playoffs that's not a good sign going forward with him. Re-signing Petry is an absolute must for MB.

i agree its a must tho wouldnt overly read into it.

Markov doesnt seem like an excuse maker unlike his coach.

Or maybe doesnt want admit to himself he is slowing down.

Either way, Therrien needs to grab a brain and realize you cant him 25 min a nite anymore. Two years in a row he gassed Markov. Therrien seems like a coach who will do anything to make the playoffs to keep his job at the possible expense of playoff runs and player development. Seems really short sighted

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 28s29 seconds ago
#canadiens Carey Price: "I see these guys at practice and we have a lot of skills." #tvasports

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 1m1 minute ago
#Habs Price: "I see these guys in practice. We have a lot of scoring on this team."

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 2m2 minutes ago
#Habs Subban: "The past few seasons we seem to be in contention with the best teams in the league. I hope we continue to take those steps."

Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 20s20 seconds ago
#Habs Subban on Price: "We can't let him face 40 or 50 shots per night, that's not fair to him."

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Richard Labbé ‏@Richardlabbe 51s52 seconds ago
#Habs P-A Parenteau says he played injured in playoffs; shoulder injury.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
#Habs Subban: "Am I supposed to come in and say 'it's a transition year we'll see how it goes'? That's not the mentality you want to have."

Relax PK

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
#Habs Subban: "Am I supposed to come in and say 'it's a transition year we'll see how it goes'? That's not the mentality you want to have."

Relax PK

He's right

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
PK knows what's up, he's being honest..... while Pacioretty is apparently clueless or just wants the captaincy.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal

Relax PK

He's 100% right. Just like even though Tim Murray knew his goal was to drag the Buffalo Sabres to the ground and get McDavid, Ted Nolan and his players went out there to win hockey games. It didn't go well, but they never played to lose or just say, well it's a transition year so I won't try as much as I should in a contending season....

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Richard Labbé ‏@Richardlabbe 51s52 seconds ago
#Habs P-A Parenteau says he played injured in playoffs; shoulder injury.

... I thought he played better in the playoffs than most of the regular season.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 48s48 seconds ago
What's the big thing missing? #Habs Plekanec: "We just didn't score enough goals." Is that the system? "I don't think so."

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
Can someone clear up what we're suppose to be transitioning from exactly? We made the ECF last season and had pretty much the same team this year.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 48s48 seconds ago
What's the big thing missing? #Habs Plekanec: "We just didn't score enough goals." Is that the system? "I don't think so."

Seems like they were told what to say, except Subban said "**** it"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad