Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Patches is in the PAP-DD-MT clique but he is the kind of snake that will jump ship when things go down and all his allies are gone.

Yeah... He's being politically correct for the sake of it, it seems. He really wants the C. :laugh:

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Richardson always impresses me when I watch him play... Definitely a good player to have. Santorelli is very skilled, too. More of a third liner, though, as opposed to Mitchell whom is, I think, a perfect 4th liner.

I doubt Mitchell gets even close to 2.5M on his next contract. If he's willing to sign for half of that, I'd keep him.

Tis the method to my madness. While I have no issues keeping Mitchell, even we can get better players for a similar price, I'd rather them. Santo's coming off a struggling performance in Nashville and Richardson's injury may keep him from cashing in.

As for Pac. He'll get the C simply because he's kissing Therrien's ass. This team will always been Subban and Price's.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 1m1 minute ago
#Habs Eller: "As a player, you always want more. You want to play more, make another step. I'm still hungry to improve."

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Chantal ‏@habsgirl4life 32s32 seconds ago
#Habs Eller: "Our identity is not being a high scoring team. Two year ago we were a high scoring team with a lot of the same guys."

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co

Should we be concerned by this or is this simply a generic "riding the bus sucks"?

No? He's talking about the minors in general, not the Habs affiliate in particular. It's no secret that the AHL is scrub league compared to the NHL, and nobody likes riding the bus. He's saying if the AHL was all glamorous and fun like the NHL, players wouldn't get a kick in the ass when they are sent down and wouldn't be hungry to get back up.

I don't like Lefevre, and I believe he sucks, however, Beaulieu isn't referring to just the Hamilton Bulldogs. He's referring to the entire AHL experience.

Also, Pacioretty is such a damn brown nose. Just embarassing at this point. Even Therrien apologists like Pierre McGuire have come out and say the system is I'll suited and very flawed. Patches just wants the C and will be after Therrien's D until he gets it. Sad.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
Players follow the captains lead in the playoffs.... They'd look up to Maxpac as their model for sacrifice and effort?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
There's nothing to suggest Gallagher is even remotely a leader. Nobody on the team ever talks about him being vocal.

Who cares about being vocal, have you watched him play?

As a leader talk is cheap. IF you talk and can't back it up you're a phony and nobody will follow.

For the 'big' offensive center that we need, we need to trade Desharnais and promote Galchenyuk as center.

Galchenyuk-Eller-Plekanec-Mitchell for centers.

That's fine, but Galchenyuk needs to get out of his own way. He won't become an elite center trying to deke out 3-4 guys every shift and never attacking the net with the puck. He wasn't very good the last 8-10 weeks.

Concerned.. there's a reason why Hamilton has sucked for awhile, its running MTs system without Price..

Right because Condon led the AHL in save percentage.

It wouldn't be related to having a very young team with only a couple of useful veterans.

He's just done. He's not bad due to a lack of effort. He can't skate. He can't handle the puck. He can't shoot.

The guy never was all that talented to begin with, but he went 110% when he was on the ice. I guess the multiple injuries finally took a toll on him.

Not sure where you get that, Prust is still a very effective player. At times he can take dumb penalties to try and make things happen, but he's a guy who can play on my team any day of the week. He's a guy you win with.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Dayam, Larry has really been telling it like it is today :amazed: . I like that, he was bang on in my book with his comments early in the season about our system too.

Analyzer*

Probably just nice, generic talk, but Petry said Montreal is his "first" choice.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Not sure where you get that, Prust is still a very effective player. At times he can take dumb penalties to try and make things happen, but he's a guy who can play on my team any day of the week. He's a guy you win with.

I get that from watching him play this season and in the playoffs, and everyone that watched him play know as much. Stop being the boards' contrarian for the sake of being different. Prust can hardly keep up anymore.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Eller will definitely be traded. He just doesn't agree with the role the team has him playing.

He and Sekac were doing too much for T's liking. Too much conspiring against his omnipotence as the father and their threat against son, DD. And not only that, but 81 never dies quietly. T will be finishing him off real soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad