Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Funny how the players paint the picture of MT and Lefebvre that us fans have been painting for the last three years. Where's Des Louise and the other defenders?

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
How did Therrien help Price win the Hart or Vezina? He did Price no favors all season long. Habs were outshot for the large majority of games in the regular season. If anything it was Price who helped Therrien keep his job.

By having a team that pays a lot of attention to defense, wins faceoffs, blocks shots and does a great job killing penalties.

Did you watch this past season or is your PVR stuck on 2011-2012?:laugh:

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Subban's the true leader, not Patches. Patches is thirsty for the C on his sweater, damn.

Amen. Patches can brown nose all he wants, he hasn't accomplished half of what PK has done and doesn't have leadership qualities close to PK.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Trade proposal :
To SJ : Plekanec, Emelin, Tinordi, Bournival, Tokarski, 2015 1st, 2016 cond. 2nd (become 1st if MTL is beastmode),

To MTL :
Thornton, Marleau

Sharks look to rebuild and change era and i get the feeling we can take advantage of that. Am I giving too much ? Not enough ? You guys tell... I agree they might wanna get more by trading the two separately and its not EA sports and all that, but it would still be awesome IMO.

Mtl re-signs Petry 5.5 X 5 and Mitchell for as low ap

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Eller - Thornton - Marleau
Hudon - DD - Parenteau
Weise - Mitchell - Prust

Subban - Markov
Beaulieu - Petry
Pateryn - Gilbert
UFA

Price
UFA/trade

I'll make a list of the pieces in there that do NOT interest the Sharks:

Plekanec, Emelin, Tinordi, Bournival, Tokarski

Don't expect to get two very good (albeit older) players for lesser players and general crap, along with a couple picks.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Andrew Berkshire ‏@AndrewBerkshire 1m1 minute ago
Galchenyuk has said repeatedly that he was asked to move back to wing and agreed to help the team.

Andrew Berkshire ‏@AndrewBerkshire 2m2 minutes ago
The whole "Galchenyuk asked to be moved to wing" thing has been outed as Therrien not being truthful already, media should stop repeating it

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
No, his grade is an I for incomplete because we did not experiment with him at all in the top 6. The strongest evidence against Eller would have been him given top 6 roles and him failing, just like a science experiment.

He played in the top 6 at different times. I don't need to see Mitchell in the top 6 to know he isn't a top 6 guy, it's just common sense. Same for Eller, watching him play speaks for itself.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Andrew Berkshire ‏@AndrewBerkshire 1m1 minute ago
Galchenyuk has said repeatedly that he was asked to move back to wing and agreed to help the team.

Andrew Berkshire ‏@AndrewBerkshire 2m2 minutes ago
The whole "Galchenyuk asked to be moved to wing" thing has been outed as Therrien not being truthful already, media should stop repeating it

Yeah this is well known now, he basically halted the development of one of the best centre prospects we've had in a long time to favour his boy.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
By having a team that pays a lot of attention to defense, wins faceoffs, blocks shots and does a great job killing penalties.

Did you watch this past season or is your PVR stuck on 2011-2012?:laugh:

I don't think you know what playing defense is if you think we helped Price in that regard.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
Anyone else think Chucky just hit puberty yesterday? lol He looks older overnight. No its not the beard, the eyes man, he looks meaner.

I'll see myself out, thank you.

Ginu

Feb 25, 2009
www.twitter.com
Yeah, even if Bergevin thinks he should replace Therrien with somebody else, he pretty much can't at this point. How the hell are you gonna explain firing a coach that managed to finish 2nd in the entire league to the majority of fans that care "casual"? Most people either don't care enough or don't like to think enough to look beyond Da Record.

Hopefully he replaces Lefebvre in Hamilton though, that would be a begining.

Because nobody cares about the regular season. We're not here to come 1st in the standings. We're here for the Cup. The system doesn't suit the style of play in the playoffs, simple.

HabsQC

Sep 27, 2008
Gatineau, Quebec
That makes no sense.

A-the Habs have a young core, makes no sense to cripple your team for a 1-2 year window

B_those guys have not exactly led the Sharks to glory in their career or the last few years.

C-if you were to get those guys, why the hell would you put Eller with them? Give them a legit top 6 linemate.

A- The core is indeed young, but they also need solid vets to support them. See Edmonton. I have a feeling we need to seriously upgrade the offense and go next year. 1sts are likely high and never a sure shot after the 20th pick. I don't think it would cripple the team more than it would help for those two years.

B- Let's try them with the best goalie in the world, see how they do.

C- I wanted the two gallys with patch, marleau and thornton together. DD Not higher than third line. I liked Eller in the playoffs and think he deserves a bigger role. Maybe EGG line as 2nd line and Pacioretty woth the sharks could very well work too.you can shuffle them as you wish, that's not very important.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
He played in the top 6 at different times. I don't need to see Mitchell in the top 6 to know he isn't a top 6 guy, it's just common sense. Same for Eller, watching him play speaks for itself.

False. The only time he played in the top 6 this year was as a winger. And like the excuse you made with DD's struggles on the wing this season, Eller simply isn't a winger and his game is not conducive to that position.

The last time Eller was given an offensive role was in 2012-2013 and the beginning of 2013-2014. In 2012-2013 he had above 30% in o-zone starts and produced 30 points in 46 games. He also had offensive wingers in the 2013-2014 playoffs and led the forwards in points. That's enough to suggest an offensive game there, even more so when the player himself believes he can do so.

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Anyone else think Chucky just hit puberty yesterday? lol He looks older overnight. No its not the beard, the eyes man, he looks meaner.

I'll see myself out, thank you.

First thing I told myself while watching the interview. Baby face is starting to fade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad