Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
I doubt McArthur went through a 2 month slump where he put up 2 points.

Clarke MacAuthur wasn't platooned in the defensive zone like Eller with bottom 6 linemates and 0 PP time.

MacAuthur's ozone starts were 31% this season, while Eller's were 23 %.

Despite that, Eller had 4 more ES goals than MacAuthur and 3 less ES points.

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
Today's player interviews pretty much proves what people suspected: there are two camps - the pro-MT crowd, and the anti-MT crowd.

If the pro camp wins, expect Patches to get the C, expect DD to hold on to a top 6 role, expect the MT grind fest to continue, expect Eller to be traded. In somewhat related news: if that happens, I will seriously consider cancelling my cable subscription.

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
First game of the year:

Pacioretty - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Hagelin/Boedker - Plekanec/Desharnais - Sharp/Marleau
DLR - Eller - Weise
Hudon/Lehkonen/Reway/Angrighetto/Sherbak/McCarron - Mitchell - DSP

I think putting Gallagher on the first line balance the second line more. If we put Plekanec or Desharnais with him we're too small on that line especially if we bring Hagelin in. I would prefer bringing Boedker before Hagelin because of his size.

Between Sharp and Marleau I lean a little bit toward Sharp because he's used to winning in the playoff.

Between Plekanec and Desharnais I think Plekanec bring more to the table but thinking about it now it's not as easy a decision I thought it would be.

The third line has size and decent speed.

The fourth line I don't really know. I like Mitchell, not DSP but he is 22 and if he can get in shape during summer he can be a asset for us even maybe on the third line and Weise fourth.

I think a young player will sneak in, Hudon probably the closest, but I would not be surprise if someone else step up.

What would a player like Sharp/Marleau and Boedker/Hagelin cost?

Markov - Subban
Beaulieu - Petry
Oduya - Pateryn/Tinordi/Dietz

With Subban, Beaulieu, Petry and Pateryn that can hit I think Emelin can be moved. I like Oduya because he can skate and move the puck well. I think this is a strong top 6.

Price - Tokarski

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Today's player interviews pretty much proves what people suspected: there are two camps - the pro-MT crowd, and the anti-MT crowd.

If the pro camp wins, expect Patches to get the C, expect DD to hold on to a top 6 role, expect the MT grind fest to continue, expect Eller to be traded. In somewhat related news: if that happens, I will seriously consider cancelling my cable subscription.

I'm already there.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Not really, just your selective hearing.

If I had the time and patience for it I'd pull out a thousand quotes of yours over the last year that got refuted by players and insiders over the last 2 days. You're just here to say black when everyone else says white.

Arguing with you is like talking to a concrete wall. You have no opinion. You have no argument. You try to validate whatever Therrien says in the stupidest ways. Just give it a rest already. Even the players aren't buying in his **** anymore.

DaHabMan

Sep 23, 2008
Lasalle
Because nobody cares about the regular season. We're not here to come 1st in the standings. We're here for the Cup. The system doesn't suit the style of play in the playoffs, simple.

Lou Lams fired Julien before tje playoffs, Therrien himself was fired the season after bringing Pitt to the Cup final. This has been done before...when you realize your coach is garbage, you deal with it as quickly as you can to limit the damage.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
He halted Chucky's development in favour of Desharnais :(

Been saying all along when this article about "Galchenyuk wanting to go back to wing" came up. Read between the lines. Galchenyuk doesn't want anything to do with going back to the wing, Therrien is just being an hypocrite in the media as usual...

Most people were aware of this going back two years ago.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
If I had the time and patience for it I'd pull out a thousand quotes of yours over the last year that got refuted by players and insiders over the last 2 days. You're just here to say black when everyone else says white.

Arguing with you is like talking to a concrete wall. You have no opinion. You have no argument. You try to validate whatever Therrien says in the stupidest ways. Just give it a rest already. Even the players aren't buying in his **** anymore.

My favorite part of this exchange is when he said Price benefits from MTs system.. then I pull out an article that shows how Price has saved abundantly more goals above average than his challengers which shows that the system gave up a significant amount more of scoring chances than any other team not named Buffalo :laugh:

and he ignores it.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
If Galchenyuk plays the next season as a center, then we really need to get rid of either Desharnais or Plekanec... BUT, my fear is that they will trade Eller instead.

It's entirely possible. Eller, Tinordi, another prospect, some picks... they'll try to acquire a RW. Eller is the most valuable center right now (excluding Galchenyuk).

I only hope this isn't the case.

Armada

Nov 21, 2013
With Richards aging and Vermette doing bad over there Chicago might need a center, so what about:

Plekanec/Desharnais + 1st 2015 + 1 or 2 prospect (which one?)

for

Sharp + Oduya

And what about:

1st 2016 + 1 prospect (which one)

for

Boedker

Slew Foots

Everything is OK
Sep 6, 2006
I'm already there.

The sad thing is that the much more likely scenario with our current management group is the one that sees me cancelling my cable subscription. Obviously, it doesn't change anything for the team if I cancel my cable subscription, but on the flip side, I get to avoid a slow gradual lobotomy.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
If Galchenyuk plays the next season as a center, then we really need to get rid of either Desharnais or Plekanec... BUT, my fear is that they will trade Eller instead.

It's entirely possible. Eller, Tinordi, another prospect, some picks... they'll try to acquire a RW. Eller is the most valuable center right now (excluding Galchenyuk).

I only hope this isn't the case.

There's not really a choice to be made between Desharnais and Plekanec. It's Desharnais that needs to go, and it should be clear as day for Bergevin.

The question is, does Therrien have enough influence to get Eller off the team instead.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
The sad thing is that the much more likely scenario with our current management group is the one that sees me cancelling my cable subscription. Obviously, it doesn't change anything for the team if I cancel my cable subscription, but on the flip side, I get to avoid a slow gradual lobotomy.

My mental health has improved just in one day of knowing I won't have to watch DA SYSTEM for awhile.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Marc Bergevin press conference tomorrow. I hope the questions about Galchenyuk being moved to center and the team's scoring issues get brought up.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
By having a team that pays a lot of attention to defense, wins faceoffs, blocks shots and does a great job killing penalties.

Did you watch this past season or is your PVR stuck on 2011-2012?:laugh:

Instead of the PVR, check NHL.com

Here is where we ranked in the different categories:

Shots against/game - 21st (30.1)
Shots for per game - 25th (28.5)
Goals against average - 1st (2.24)
Goals/GP - 20th (2.61)

If you didn't watch the games, you would think we were getting by almost purely on goaltending. Now why this isn't completely true, it's not as far off as you're trying to make it look.

Now here is 2011-2012 (since you brought it up):

Shots against/game - 12th (29.7)
Shots for per game - 19th (28.5)
Goals against average - 8th (2.61)
Goals/GP - 19th (2.52)

Looks eerily similar with the exception of 1 stat if you ask me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad