Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Where did you hear that MT won't be facing the media?

Would be ridiculous if he doesn't.

It's already been reported that he's not speaking. Maybe he speaks tomorrow when Bergevin addresses the media? Hard to know. But he's a coward if he doesn't speak tomorrow.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
And 3 points in the first 20 games last season... with prime time the entire way.

That's still the most nonsensical, double standard ******** I've seen from a Montréal coach since... You'd have to go back pretty far.

A coach needs to be fair above everything else.

That's what kills me about Therrien. When Eller or Galchenyuk struggle, they were demonted in some capacity. Hell, even Vanek was dropped to the fourth line. Desharnais? It took over 20 games during his slump before Therrien briefly pulled him off the top line. Never once has he been taken off the powerplay though.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Right because being in the press box for 2 games and on the 4th line for 3 wasn't a reduction of his minutes...your memory can't be very good.

Must be my imagination that he had 4 or 5 games under 15 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/5082/year/2014/david-desharnais

Meanwhile Eller this year...

Eller had 3 points and -9 in 28 games to start 2015 and in that stretch he had 11 gamers over 17:00 per game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3946/lars-eller

...but yeah, he hates Eller and loves Desharnais. :laugh:

Intellectually dishonest argument after intellectually dishonest argument, you just keep building up on your reputation.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Part of me wants to believe that Bergevin sees the talent in Eller, which is why he signed him to that deal, and won't trade him. Hopefully Therrien doesn't have much influence, because the C that needs to go is Desharnais.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Intellectually dishonest argument after intellectually dishonest argument, you just keep building up on your reputation.

Yeah and refuses to comment on my post comparing this season to 2011-12.....

His reputation as a 'scout' is diminishing.

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
DLR is never going to be a 30 point player in the NHL. He's got zero hockey IQ in the offensive zone. I don't think he even has what it takes to play center. Non-fighting Travis Moen. If we're really lucky he turns into poor mans Jannik Hansen.

I think he could put 30 points in his best years no problem. He's still 19 years old and he will adjust to the speed.

Lars Eller is 26 and is in his prime. I don't think he will be more than a 35-40 points max.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Michel Therrien doesn't coach to win the Stanley Cup, he coaches to keep his job and a steady paycheque. It's plainly obvious. He cannot, or refuses to adapt to the way the game is played now.

Look at the teams remaining in the playoffs. How many of them play the style he wants his team to play?

Pretty much every playoff team plays a similar style to the Habs, in case you haven't noticed 75% of games had 5 goals or less scored(excluding ENG's).

Just about every goalie in the playoffs has a GAA under 2.25.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/p...g/sort/avgGoalsAgainst/year/2015/seasontype/3

If you watched game 6, Tampa was trapping like crazy after they scored 1st.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I think he could put 30 points in his best years no problem. He's still 19 years old and he will adjust to the speed.

Lars Eller is 26 and is in his prime. I don't think he will be more than a 35-40 points max.

Lars Eller

Brings

It

In

The

Playoffs

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Pretty much every playoff team plays a similar style to the Habs, in case you haven't noticed 75% of games had 5 goals or less scored(excluding ENG's).

Just about every goalie in the playoffs has a GAA under 2.25.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/statistics/p...g/sort/avgGoalsAgainst/year/2015/seasontype/3

Amount of goals scored does not equal playing style. Do you think Chicago and Anaheim play a smothering neutral zone trap game and depend on their goalies to bail them out? What about Tampa, did they play that style against MTL? The Rangers are the closest, but that's only because of their lack of centre depth like this team, but they still push the pace and use skilled zone entries to create scoring chances.

Lorty

May 7, 2013
I don't care about our wingers. It's not like we can afford wasting assets down the middle either. Centers are more important, and I want the team to roll it's three best assets down the middle going forward. Galchenyuk/Eller/Plekanec.

Desharnais has no value because he's worthless. Obvious, I know, but why would we keep a worthless player on our roster?

Because you don't go from a "#1 Center" to the AHL in one year. It's pretty clear Desharnais will stay with us next year, so deal with it. He will probably play a smaller role next year considering Galchenyuk will (probably) play center for a big part of the season, so there's that.

Anyway, do I like this? No. Is it realistic? Yes.

punk255

Mar 15, 2014
Eller "in the lockout season we were one of the highest scoring teams and we're still a lot of the same guys....but our identity isn't a high scoring team."

Real Eller thinking: Therrien you sucks as a coach because we have a team able to score more goal

Tony Marinaro ‏@TonyMarinaro 51s51 seconds ago
Lars Eller asked if happy w/his role. Paused, then said he could do more. Then added, he wants 2play more offensive role #HeTooWantedEGGline

Real Eller thinking: Therrien you're just a a**** to just see me as a third one dimentional defensive center and dont give me any offensive occasion

Therrien real thinking after that: Eller my body you will have the same role next year with no offensive occasion

HabsLinks ‏@HabsLinks 30s31 seconds ago
There was a loooooooong pause after someone asked Eller if he was happy with his role on the team. That was pretty telling.

Translation: ***************************** Therrien

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Right because being in the press box for 2 games and on the 4th line for 3 wasn't a reduction of his minutes...your memory can't be very good.

Must be my imagination that he had 4 or 5 games under 15 minutes.

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/5082/year/2014/david-desharnais

Meanwhile Eller this year...

Eller had 3 points and -9 in 28 games to start 2015 and in that stretch he had 11 gamers over 17:00 per game

http://espn.go.com/nhl/player/gamelog/_/id/3946/lars-eller

...but yeah, he hates Eller and loves Desharnais. :laugh:

Desharnais plays with Pacioretty/Gallagher, whereas Eller spent most of the season with DSP, Prust, Flynn, Weise. The bulk of his minutes also come from playing on the PK and in defensive roles, while DD gets top line powerplay minutes and favorable offensive zone starts.

I'm not saying Eller had a stellar season. But DD should be light years ahead of hime. He isn't.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
That's what kills me about Therrien. When Eller or Galchenyuk struggle, they were demonted in some capacity. Hell, even Vanek was dropped to the fourth line. Desharnais? It took over 20 games during his slump before Therrien briefly pulled him off the top line. Never once has he been taken off the powerplay though.

Meanwhile Dandeneault thinks the guy with the huge smile on his face today is the coaches scapegoat.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Because you don't go from a "#1 Center" to the AHL in one year. It's pretty clear Desharnais will stay with us next year, so deal with it. He will probably play a smaller role next year considering Galchenyuk will (probably) play center for a big part of the season, so there's that.

Anyway, do I like this? No. Is it realistic? Yes.

DD isn't a #1 center. Never has been. Never was even close to be one. He's being used as such by Therrien, but that's another story.

Is it realistic for me to ask of MB to make the right decision for this franchise going forward? Probably not, considering DD is Therrien's muppet and he signed the head coach for 4 more friggin' years. But I'll never advocate keeping DD over Eller or Plekanec under any circumstances.

Saint Patrick

2 rings in my hears
Feb 14, 2007
I was pretty clear it was my belief, so I based it on that. You see the team make steady progress, then this year at the deadline they went sideways. Now you hear the exit interviews that aren't too happy, and there are hints about not transitioning, about the lack of offence, about not wanting to rely only on Price.

Sure, I'm just curious what made you believe that? For me as soon as this guy was hired I thought it was a mistake, so im just curious to get your take.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Desharnais plays with Pacioretty/Gallagher, whereas Eller spent most of the season with DSP, Prust, Flynn, Weise. The bulk of his minutes also come from playing on the PK and in defensive roles, while DD gets top line powerplay minutes and favorable offensive zone starts.

I'm not saying Eller had a stellar season. But DD should be light years ahead of hime. He isn't.

Desharnais had 2 points in 10 consecutive games this season and was "punished" by being re-united with Max Pacioretty lol.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Yes, he gives all he has in the playoffs and that's why I don't want him traded.

It's like Bergevin said, there are players that get you to the playoffs and players that get you through the playoffs. Eller is the latter, and until this bone head can realize that and get him into a position where he's going into the playoffs with more talent on his wings and better opportunities we'll continue to see low point totals.

There is definitely something to be said about confidence from the coaching staff translating to performance on the ice. When you're constantly afraid of being singled out, it must be hard to play on instinct and to the skill set you possess. Same goes for Subban, a lot of the times. He gets caught thinking too much instead of letting his talent take over.

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
yup, because with the garbage posted in here daily, there are some great reputations.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

The 'source' of the garbage is an important factor as well.

Care to comment on my comparison to 2011-12? Or just gonna ignore those cold hard facts as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad