Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

goldglove

Mar 10, 2007
QC
Nikita Scherbak - Alex Galchenyuk - Brendon Gallagher
Devante Smith-Pelly - Lars Eller - Michael McCarron

KingKovy

Sep 4, 2007
As far as Price is concerned, I am and have always been a huge fan and he is by far the greatest goaltender in the world.. HOWEVER..

He is being honest when he said we lost because of him.. The truth is our superstar is our goalie and our best player needs to be our best player to win.. Carey Price (not every goalie) should have saved that goal at the end of game 3.. Also, even though we were unlucky.. Facts are we outplayed Tampa 4 games and a half on 6 and we hit a bunch of posts.. Price should have saved one of the goals in game 1 as well.. Either an extra game 1 save or an extra game 3 save would have been the difference in the series.. I wouldn't change him for anyone in the world.. But that is the reality

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
Also forgot Parenteau. This guy is gone it's a no-brainer. Might have to buy him out though cuz I doubt anyone would take him.

He has a year left on contract, honestly I doubt they buy him out. Traded maybe if we could find a team that wants him, buy out I doubt it.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Next season must be the year that we promote our younger players. Galchenyuk must play center (either 2nd or 1st line), Beaulieu needs to start playing with Subban (Markov needs to be given less ice time to stay fresh), one of DSP, DLR, Hudon, Scherbak, McCarron, or Ghetto needs to crack the top 6 regularly. If we keep Tinordi he needs to find a place in this roster. Everything else is all fine and dandy but we need to start preparing our youth for the future.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Scoring by committee is likely our best option... Again! So, the order of the lines doesn't matter so much.

Trades:
Emelin for J.Schultz

Hudon-Galchenyuk-DSP
Pacioretty-Eller-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Weise
Prust-Mitchell-DeLaRose

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Petry
Tinordi-J.Schultz
(Pateryn)

PP:
Pacioretty-Eller-Galchenyuk
Markov-Subban

Andrighetto-Plekanec-DSP/Gallagher
Hudon-Schultz

Oh, and hire Boucher. Doesn't necessarily need huge changes.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Carey Price (not every goalie) should have saved that goal at the end of game 3.. Also, even though we were unlucky.. Facts are we outplayed Tampa 4 games and a half on 6 and we hit a bunch of posts.. Price should have saved one of the goals in game 1 as well.. Either an extra game 1 save or an extra game 3 save would have been the difference in the series.. I wouldn't change him for anyone in the world.. But that is the reality
We scored one goal in game 3. We scored one goal in game 6. We scored barely over 2 goals/game in the entire playoffs (filter out that 6-pack in game 4 and it's even worse; 1.72 GF/G in 11 games).

You can't consistently win games with that pathetic level of scoring support. Price is not to blame for any of this.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Scoring by committee is likely our best option... Again! So, the order of the lines doesn't matter so much.

Trades:
Emelin for J.Schultz

Hudon-Galchenyuk-DSP
Pacioretty-Eller-Gallagher
Andrighetto-Plekanec-Weise
Prust-Mitchell-DeLaRose

Beaulieu-Subban
Markov-Petry
Tinordi-J.Schultz
(Pateryn)

PP:
Pacioretty-Eller-Galchenyuk
Markov-Subban

Andrighetto-Plekanec-DSP/Gallagher
Hudon-Schultz

Oh, and hire Boucher. Doesn't necessarily need huge changes.

That is a lotto team first line right there.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Pacioretty- Eller/Plek/???- DSP/McCarron/???
Scherbak- Galchenyuk- Gally
DD- Eller/Plek- DLR
Prust- Mitchel- Weise

Beaulieu- Subban
Markov- Petry
Emelin/Tinordi- Gilbert
Pateryn

Price
Tokarski

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Someone mentioned it a few posts up... Brenden Gallagher should be the captain. He is all heart. Was the only forward who showed up last night.

Get Desharnais out of here. Move major prospects and pieces and lets pick up a big offensive center. Parenteau would produce with a talented guy like he did on Long island with JT.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Just make Subban the Captain. He's the best player on the team besides the goaltender, has the longest contract, makes the most money and is the hardest worker. The guy has done everything he's been asked, never complained and is an all-star, Norris winner and great ambassador for the game.

What more do you guys want from a captain? Seriously, these are the guys you make captain. While I love Gallagher, just because he works hard and annoys the other team doesn't make him the captain.

Lions999

Jun 28, 2011
That line would be an offensive blackhole. Zero creativity or offensive awareness on the wings. Plekanec has enough trouble generating offense when it counts as it is...

DLR should have spent the whole year in Hamilton developping his offensive game, as he was starting to show progress before call-up. He probably should be in St-John next season too, if we don't want him to become just a no-offense 4th line plug.

Admittedly, I haven't seen much of Ghetto but I think he's the one who should get a good look for a spot on the top 9. He's got 2 yrs of pro hockey under his belt, he'd bring speed and energy. Could be a nice fit with Eller. Or Plek for that matter.

It's not bad only thing I don't like is DLR on the wing....we already delayed Chuckie progress at center. We need to use DLR at center that's where he is most effective. In 2 years he moves into 3rd center roll for years to come.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
We finished in the lottery with DD on our first line. Yet he's still there.

You don't put a rookie with 0 games of experience on the first line.

Undersized at that.

And DSP on the first line is a no good as well.

AnotherHabsFan

Behind Enemy Lines
Jan 16, 2015
New Hampshire
Just make Subban the Captain. He's the best player on the team besides the goaltender, has the longest contract, makes the most money and is the hardest worker. The guy has done everything he's been asked, never complained and is an all-star, Norris winner and great ambassador for the game.

What more do you guys want from a captain? Seriously, these are the guys you make captain. While I love Gallagher, just because he works hard and annoys the other team doesn't make him the captain.

I agree. Although he tends to take a bad penalty from time to time, he steps up when it matters most and he is a true leader.

Subban- C
Max- A
Gallagher- A
Price- we all know he runs the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad