Off-season discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
for god's sake move Eller and be done with it. If you don't even consider putting your 6'2 centerman on the PP there's clearly something going on there

I'd sign Soberderg and make a pitch for Lowry from the Jets. Then steal away some ass coaches who can draw up a power play

And I wouldn't worry too much about DLR just yet. He came in at the toughest point of the season when the team was at its worst for finding offense.

Last edited:

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I really don't know if I can handle watching another season (or multiple) of da system. I'm just..really not looking forward to it, at all.

Then do what I am doing.. watch the training camp and then not watch if DD, PAP and MT is still there.

Scherbak/Big Mac making the team would be the only way I'd start to watch.. for a bit.. then when I see Therrien destroy them, I'll stop watching again.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore
The thing about the Therrien/Bergevin dynamic is that MB would get lambasted if he ever fired Michel after the kind of "record" he had this season. We, on HF, are a pretty darn intense group of fans :laugh:.

Most of the more casual fans I speak to don't see any problem with the guy, and he has the media on his side as well. MB was stupid giving him that contract extension, his hands are tied now... Unless there's a major meltdown in the upcoming season, which really wouldn't be good for anyone involved.

Yeah, even if Bergevin thinks he should replace Therrien with somebody else, he pretty much can't at this point. How the hell are you gonna explain firing a coach that managed to finish 2nd in the entire league to the majority of fans that care "casual"? Most people either don't care enough or don't like to think enough to look beyond Da Record.

Hopefully he replaces Lefebvre in Hamilton though, that would be a begining.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010

God, I'm already imagining scenarios in my head. :laugh:

MB: "We want to play a possession oriented system that allows skill players to play with creativity."

MT: "That's not the way I want to play. The system is to grind the puck and Price makes the save! Look at da record!"

MB: "Well, there's the door. Get me Babcock on line 1."

:sarcasm:

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Then do what I am doing.. watch the training camp and then not watch if DD, PAP and MT is still there.

Scherbak/Big Mac making the team would be the only way I'd start to watch.. for a bit.. then when I see Therrien destroy them, I'll stop watching again.

You'll be watching, 100% guaranteed :laugh:

PricePkPatch*

Therrien isn't capable of that. He may do it for a bit like in 2013 then it will be back to this boring **** again.

If you want a Chicago style team.. don't get a NJ style coach.

Disagreed.

Therrien is a good coach, but he has his own problems. If you ask him to do something that he thinks isnt optimal, he will still do it pretty well, i suspect.

Ultimately, the problem would come from his higher judgement of what is needed in the team's style rather than the application of that decision.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
Hopefully this is true.

I dunno, if the GM needs to dictate style to the coach, what he truly needs is a new coach. MB didn't discuss vision/system with the coach prior to his extension, but will just prior to it kicking in?

If he doesn't like what he seen, he needs to can his ass imo.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You'll be watching, 100% guaranteed :laugh:

No, I legitimately won't.

If things went the way I wanted them to this year (2015), I barely would have watched any of it except for the play-offs. Unfortunately, there wasn't much else to do other than watch Price perform miracle after miracle.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Yeah, even if Bergevin thinks he should replace Therrien with somebody else, he pretty much can't at this point. How the hell are you gonna explain firing a coach that managed to finish 2nd in the entire league to the majority of fans that care "casual"? Most people either don't care enough or don't like to think enough to look beyond Da Record.

Hopefully he replaces Lefebvre in Hamilton though, that would be a begining.

Sure he can, he would just be putting his neck on the line if things don't improve. You've got Babcock, Julien, McLellan, Boucher all available, and if as a GM you think any of those guys will improve the on ice product you make it happen. He also doesn't have to fire him. He could replace him and make him a scout or give him another position in the organization.

habsfanatics*

May 20, 2012
No, I legitimately won't.

If things went the way I wanted them to this year (2015), I barely would have watched any of it except for the play-offs. Unfortunately, there wasn't much else to do other than watch Price perform miracle after miracle.

See you in october, I've said the samething, but here I am, we're not a normal bunch, I've come to terms with my addiction and don't try to fight it. I don't think I have control or the ability to stop watching even if I wanted to lol.

WeThreeKings

Demidov is a HAB
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
See you in october, I've said the samething, but here I am, we're not a normal bunch, I've come to terms with my addiction and don't try to fight it. I don't think I have control or the ability to stop watching even if I wanted to lol.

Lol, we'll see. I've quit worse things than this. I know it won't be easy but it's not worth getting frustrated over anymore. It is my fault only if I subject myself to this again if no changes are done.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Is Pierre speculating or did he hear this from somewhere?

Speculating. I was listening to the interview and he was just giving his opinion that maybe MB will question whether or not style of play should change next season.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
The post count on GDT's throughout the season should be evident enough of what we think about the Montreal Canadiens' playing style. There were how many times this year when the game started before a GDT was up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad