OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Panthers' Patric Hornqvist: Panthers debut goes well

Horny scored a goal and had an assist in his debut today.

200.gif

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So much attention to offense. I would like to see more charts for defensive awareness. I sorta laugh at this guy's chart thinking we will be okay because our offensive system. We've given up 14 goals in 3 games. It ain't goaltending. :laugh:

They have lost in the playoffs in each of the last 3 years due to a lack of offense and their goaltending has been absolute dogshit this year.

Reactions: ncm7772

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They have lost in the playoffs in each of the last 3 years due to a lack of offense and their goaltending has been absolute dogshit this year.

Emp... I ran down that list for defense vs. goaltending and you ignored it while everyone agreed. Next up - then they need to work on the powerplay today AT LENGTH. :laugh:

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
I'm on team "start DeSmith for now".

This person keeps saying "wrinkles". Is this a good or bad thing?

Im not sure if it’s good or bad lol.

I don’t really know the x’s & o’s too much but just posted it for others who do.

I just know what looks good or bad to my eyes and we are a bit of a roller coaster right now. We need to smooth that out.

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Wrinkles is good. :laugh:

And the whole point of having no straight on #1 is to play the hot hand w/o giving zero shits. Run whoever is winning. Switch tot he next guy when he isn't. Run that bad boy even if we make the playoffs. I don't care if they switch during the playoffs. These 2 can feed off one another.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

ColePens

Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Unless he means wrinkles as in he sees wrinkles from Sid/G/Letang being old as f*** and skating like some grandpa on the pond for the first time in 30 years. :sarcasm:

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
Im not sure if it’s good or bad lol.

I don’t really know the x’s & o’s too much but just posted it for others who do.

I just know what looks good or bad to my eyes and we are a bit of a roller coaster right now. We need to smooth that out.

Wrinkles is good. :laugh:

And the whole point of having no straight on #1 is to play the hot hand w/o giving zero shits. Run whoever is winning. Switch tot he next guy when he isn't. Run that bad boy even if we make the playoffs. I don't care if they switch during the playoffs. These 2 can feed off one another.

Unless he means wrinkles as in he sees wrinkles from Sid/G/Letang being old as f*** and skating like some grandpa on the pond for the first time in 30 years. :sarcasm:

In my line of work, wrinkles could be a very bad thing. (http://www.compositerepair.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/NACE-2007-Paper-No-07139.pdf)

It'd be nice if they would've given some context.

I used my Twitter for once to ask.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
So math is injured on IR... I thought penguins finally learned to try something new to fix the d until something stuck... but Math was injured.

I know MS said 'longer term' but anyone know the extent or the injury itself?

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
(because the PGT was closed)

It can't be a coincidence that our first win comes with the "galaxy brain JR" defensive acquisitions sitting, and Ruhwedel and Riikola were very solid and I want to see them again. If Matheson really is out long term, get POJ warmed up as the number 7, because we shouldnt be sending Ceci back out there to "find his game" when we're struggling for points.

Bottom line for me is we won. And we looked better than in Games 1&2 for larger periods. It's small comfort when we, clearly, still didnt look up to this team's potential. But I think back to something they say in soccer alot: if you can pick up points while looking like ass, its often called "the hallmark of champions" because that funk wont last and eventually, the team will find a rhythm. I know I'm being optimistic with that, but winning a game with stable goal-tending, solid defending, and scoring from outside our top-6 is a good place to start. I'll take it. At least until we can get things stable again. And again, we out shot the opposition. Eventually Geno, Zucker, Rust and Jake are going to break out of this funk and start potting chances.

The lines Randy posted in this thread are my preference too. Move Zucker up with Sid, and add Kapanen to that line. Put Jake with Geno and hope they can rekindle some of that chemistry they had last year. Lets get ONE of these lines going and work the rest out later.

Me seeing that we won in a SO, but a win is a win:

tumblr_n80u6gZ4g51qg4blro2_500.gif

Speaking of unpleasant truths: Evan Rodrigues

We all know he isnt going to stick on a scoring line, but I feel like between Friday night and Sunday afternoon someone showed him the PGT where everyone said he was "in over his head" on L1. He looked quicker, had better decision making, and actually seemed to be on a similar wavelength to his line-mates, whether that just meant hitting an outlet pass a half second quicker or diving into the corner and hitting someone for the cycle right away. I'm not just saying this because of the goal. Not a solution, obviously, but for the first time I didnt notice him as sticking out like a sore thumb on that line and dragging it down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad