OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xlm34

Dec 1, 2008
From the latest TIOPS ...JR is an idiot if true, which most of us suspect anyway....this summary is from another poster:

“Says 4-5 teams were seriously in on Hornqvist, but basically there was another team willing take nearly all of Horny’s contract without having to take an albatross back. For whatever reason JR was dead set on getting Matheson. At least one team was flabbergasted in the direction the Pens decided to go. CBJ, MIN and NJ were seriously in on Hornqvist.

The other note was at some point there were discussions of a 1-to-1 swap of McCann for Roslovic, but that fell through.”

The Penguins having a rough start to the season is the best news possible for TIOPS. Now there are lots of things for them to make up.

Reactions: Andy99

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
I still don't get how TIOPS could be the first to report that Janne Pesonen was signing with the Penguins. Baffled. And I don't think they've gotten anything right since then.

Reactions: OnMyOwn

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
He has been through this before, I think between him and his dad they know how long this process takes.
tenor.gif

He did miss 3 games...

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside

Wow how selfish and irresponsible of Kapanen, he should have applied for a visa on August 26th seconds after the trade was confirmed. Disgusting and unprofessional behavior from him.

Penguins management should have been on top of that....

I guess it depends what “around October” means. It it was late October, that’s kind of crappy to wait 2 months. Either way, he waited at least 5 weeks to even begin applying, which seems a little excessive.

There is nothing you can do it about it now.

He has been through this before, I think between him and his dad they know how long this process takes. most likely a month or two. He probably expected it in Dec.

tenor.gif

He did miss 3 games...

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I know, that's why I liked it. But I figured I'd quote everyone who was talking about it.

What's funny is that account keeps insisting they're right and saying crap like "he could have just put estimated dates", while not realizing that is highly illegal and how you get visas rejected :laugh:

Reading that thread makes me think of the "confidently incorrect" subreddit.

Reactions: EVGENIMERLIN

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
Not sure I understand why Sullivan is being so careful with throwing Kap in there. The guy has played hockey his whole life and has a lot of NHL games under his belt.

If you want practice time before he goes on the top line, fine but I don’t see why he can’t play on the 4th for a game or two.

Reactions: EightyOne

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
he
Not sure I understand why Sullivan is being so careful with throwing Kap in there. The guy has played hockey his whole life and has a lot of NHL games under his belt.

If you want practice time before he goes on the top line, fine but I don’t see why he can’t play on the 4th for a game or two.
he'll play as long as he has both legs, can't be worse than Lafferty

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve

He’s being kind so I don’t have to skim over 50 complaints about Kapanen being on the 4th line while Rodrigues is on L1.

If I had to guess, it’s about not wanting to throw a guy who hasn’t played a game in months and didn’t even have the truncated preseason attempt with a new team in. Kapanen should have been in quarantine since arriving as well and that could have involved more sitting around on his ass than anything.

The Old Master

come and take it.
Sep 27, 2004
burgh

maybe he learned from playing ceci and maty together.:dunno: nah! just more wishful thinking :joker:

RSPens

May 25, 2015
Speaking of unpleasant truths: Evan Rodrigues

We all know he isnt going to stick on a scoring line, but I feel like between Friday night and Sunday afternoon someone showed him the PGT where everyone said he was "in over his head" on L1. He looked quicker, had better decision making, and actually seemed to be on a similar wavelength to his line-mates, whether that just meant hitting an outlet pass a half second quicker or diving into the corner and hitting someone for the cycle right away. I'm not just saying this because of the goal. Not a solution, obviously, but for the first time I didnt notice him as sticking out like a sore thumb on that line and dragging it down.

I agree, he looked better...but still why is he on the #2PP? Playing him there is really making me think that he is not just considered the 13th forward and that he may play over Lafferty on Tuesday, which is a mistake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad