OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Better goaltending and PP would do wonders for this team despite the # of MIA players....

What should we be concerned about after three Penguins games?

All of this is on point. A lot of this won't be telling 'til the end of Jan. With repetition and growing together, I don't think 9 games getting this team into a rhythm is throwing the season away even had they gone 500 or worse. Just too many new players to expect instant success. So, only the known factors come into play, and they did come into play. We all know those factors, the main ones did not play, the mild ones need time.

My concerns are a team easily pushed around, ("It has nothing to do with Wilson") but just in general the team has few who can withstand such a punishing schedule for 56 games let alone a 82 game normal schedule. This will either make them stronger and they will work their way out of this funk or galvanize how poorly the makeup of this team is. There can be improvements along the way, but are they a piece or two away from being serious contenders after such a grueling schedule? As they are sitting now? NO. I think this meat grinder will eventually wear on this team. They will have some will to defy it with a good stretch of play and get them into the playoffs (Barely) and the usual setbacks come into play.

Overall, 5-5 they are going to be fine. What hurts more is a poor PP/PK/faceoffs and not really being able to exact your will on the other team with positive results consistently.

Defensive side? I think they can iron in a body (Riikola), but they will have to do better than Ceci, Matheson and Ruh.

I think we are all bound to the fact every game is going to be ugly. Win or lose. That has a lot more to do with playing top talented teams for 56 games. And they do deserve credit to that fact.

I'd not wanted them in the other division giving false hope.

Challenge accepted....Do or Die.

Jan. pre-season starts it all. Messy it is, but we all knew that was coming.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
giphy.gif

Flying Dego

Apr 30, 2013

What I like with our 3 lines the most is having: Zucker/Kap/Tanev. All 3 players are burners that like to hit/forecheck.

It'll be great to have them on each line. Obviously varying skills but a similar exciting hockey style.

If our stars wake up we can make some noise...

My concern still falls heavily with our backend. Pettersson is my only plus and I wouldn't have guessed that to start the year.

If the team plays a bit more responsible with DeSmith than keep him for another start. Jarry is still my guy but the team hung him out to dry and he didn't help his case by sucking in his first 4 periods of play.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
From seen above it looks like they were.
I guess it depends what “around October” means. It it was late October, that’s kind of crappy to wait 2 months. Either way, he waited at least 5 weeks to even begin applying, which seems a little excessive.

There is nothing you can do it about it now.

Reactions: ownal

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
I guess it depends what “around October” means. It it was late October, that’s kind of crappy to wait 2 months. Either way, he waited at least 5 weeks to even begin applying, which seems a little excessive.

There is nothing you can do it about it now.

He has been through this before, I think between him and his dad they know how long this process takes. most likely a month or two. He probably expected it in Dec.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
I think Rodrigues on L4 is going to do wonders for our forward depth.

He looks to make simple plays too much with Sid and Malkin, but that’ll be perfect for Teddy and Sceviour.

Yeah, I do largely like him as a bottom 6 option. Frustrating as hell around the opposing net but otherwise I think he’s a good piece to have and he should help there.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
From the latest TIOPS ...JR is an idiot if true, which most of us suspect anyway....this summary is from another poster:

“Says 4-5 teams were seriously in on Hornqvist, but basically there was another team willing take nearly all of Horny’s contract without having to take an albatross back. For whatever reason JR was dead set on getting Matheson. At least one team was flabbergasted in the direction the Pens decided to go. CBJ, MIN and NJ were seriously in on Hornqvist.

The other note was at some point there were discussions of a 1-to-1 swap of McCann for Roslovic, but that fell through.”

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
From the latest TIOPS ...JR is an idiot if true, which most of us suspect anyway....this summary is from another poster:

“Says 4-5 teams were seriously in on Hornqvist, but basically there was another team willing take nearly all of Horny’s contract without having to take an albatross back. For whatever reason JR was dead set on getting Matheson. At least one team was flabbergasted in the direction the Pens decided to go. CBJ, MIN and NJ were seriously in on Hornqvist.

The other note was at some point there were discussions of a 1-to-1 swap of McCann for Roslovic, but that fell through.”

Sounds like utter bullshit.

Also no idea how McCann for Roslovic “falls through” if the Penguins offer it.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

TIOPS is fake news tho.

If Tyler Johnson is clearing waivers and Tampa hasn't been able to find a trade that doesn't send money back to them, I really don't see why the Penguins would have been able to move Hornqvist without taking a big contract back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad