OFF DAY THREAD! Where we complain on non game days!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
You've still got the E-Rod issue. I don't know if there's a right answer at the moment, to be honest. Hold on, hope Kap comes in and kills it. If he doesn't, we're in serious trouble.

i mean you wouldn’t if you there lafferty up there or gave oconner a shot. Sullivan just refuses to try shit

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
i mean you wouldn’t if you there lafferty up there or gave oconner a shot. Sullivan just refuses to try shit
Do you really think subbing Lafferty in for Rod on the first line would make any difference? I’m all for trying something else, because clearly it’s not working. But I think a lot of people overrate Lafferty quite a bit. I don’t know enough about O’Conner; I need to see him play in an actual game before I trust the local media for praising the guy for a week in camp.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Lafferty sucks as an option. He's barely a 4th liner at this point. If you want his skillset, you've gotta break up the 3rd line and put Tanev up in the top-6. He's Lafferty x1000.

I'd like to see O'Connor in the lineup too, but Sully ain't gonna scratch someone like Sceviour to open up a spot. Hell, I'd like to see a Riikola-Ruhwedel bottom pairing since neither Ceci nor Matheson have played well enough to cement their status in the lineup, but "you gotta play the expensive guys" or something.

I'd try this out;

Zucker-Sid-Rust
Jake-Geno-Tanev
McCann-Jankowski-Lafferty
Sceviour-Blueger-O'Connor

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Do you really think subbing Lafferty in for Rod on the first line would make any difference? I’m all for trying something else, because clearly it’s not working. But I think a lot of people overrate Lafferty quite a bit. I don’t know enough about O’Conner; I need to see him play in an actual game before I trust the local media for praising the guy for a week in camp.

no I don’t but I would at least give him credit for trying something and not just watching things burn

Reactions: The Old Master

Darren McCord

Dec 15, 2015
Lafferty sucks as an option. He's barely a 4th liner at this point. If you want his skillset, you've gotta break up the 3rd line and put Tanev up in the top-6. He's Lafferty x1000.

I'd like to see O'Connor in the lineup too, but Sully ain't gonna scratch someone like Sceviour to open up a spot. Hell, I'd like to see a Riikola-Ruhwedel bottom pairing since neither Ceci nor Matheson have played well enough to cement their status in the lineup, but "you gotta play the expensive guys" or something.

I'd try this out;

Zucker-Sid-Rust
Jake-Geno-Tanev
McCann-Jankowski-Lafferty
Sceviour-Blueger-O'Connor

I’m not saying lafferty is good. I just want them to try and fix things. Not just ignore it

Reactions: Big Friggin Dummy

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Do you really think subbing Lafferty in for Rod on the first line would make any difference?
Yes I do. I don’t think he turns that line into the next Legion of Doom but I think it’s an improvement, a better fit, and more of what we need, if incrementally. Even if it’s only until Kap is back.

I’m not gonna bet my house on it but I’d have tried it by now.

Reactions: Darren McCord

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Yes I do. I don’t think he turns that line into the next Legion of Doom but I think it’s an improvement, a better fit, and more of what we need, if incrementally. Even if it’s only until Kap is back.

I’m not gonna bet my house on it but I’d have tried it by now.
Yea, I mean he can’t be more useless than E-Rod, so there is no risk in trying it.

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
Blueger has only won 18% of his face offs?

There are more serious problems with the team right now but that’s pitiful.

Do people really think this guy would get taken by Seattle in the expansion draft?

9Mbz.gif

Reactions: ncm7772

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Blueger has only won 18% of his face offs?

There are more serious problems with the team right now but that’s pitiful.

Do people really think this guy would get taken by Seattle in the expansion draft?

He's only taken 11 faceoffs through 2 games..

Reactions: StIvany4Norris

Pens x

Oct 8, 2016
So does the Pens PR machine wait until they are 0-3 or 0-4 on the season to blame lack of pre-season games and COVID as to why this team is dog-shit?!
I’m hearing that bogus excuse from people now quite a bit. You’d think every other team had a full length training camp...

Reactions: TKalltheTime

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
1) Goal#1: Backdoor PP... DeSmith saves that puck?

2) Goal#2: Kick in front ... DeSmith saves that!??!?

3) Goal#3: Go watch this goal. Talk about duplication? Talk about 4 guys standing in a box in front of our net covering 2 guys. That's duplication. Those guys are covered. They don't need dual coverage. Then the 2 open guys get TOP OF THE CIRCLE pointblank chances. I encourage everyone to watch this play. This shows you how poor our communication is. It shows you duplication in coverage. It shows you schematic breakdown.

I hate the collapse defense shit they are doing in front of the net lately

At best it creates a bunch of deflection targets

At worst it screens your goalie

I just dont get it

Reactions: ColePens

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
You may not like it, but when you let in 11 goals in 2 games how can you argue with the results!?

It is like Sully said 'guys we need to play better defense'

And all the players heard was 'i gotta be like brooks orpik now'

And not, support each other, clog the neutral zone, find your player to mark...like they should have

TKalltheTime

KILLER PARTIES, ALMOST KILLED ME!
Jan 5, 2018
Los Angeles, CA
It is like Sully said 'guys we need to play better defense'

And all the players heard was 'i gotta be like brooks orpik now'

And not, support each other, clog the neutral zone, find your player to mark...like they should have
to be fair they did only let in 5 goals that game not 6, soooo that’s about the only “better” we can expect with this roster.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
All top 4 wingers have sucked. Zucker has been the best of the bunch. Put him with our best center.

Sully should coach and Sid should shut up and play...

Zucker - Crosby - Kapanen
Guentzel - Malkin - Rust

You can’t go putting back together the best line this team has had in the last couple of years, because... they might win a game... or something...

Harvey Birdman

…Need some law books, with pictures this time…
Oct 21, 2008
Penguins Legal Office
I maybe a little to much the glass is half full rather than half empty with the Pens at the moment. But as I said before, even though it’s a shortened season, due to no real camp and limited practices. I’m not hitting the panic button rants until this is past game 10-12. I’m treating the first handful +/- games as the preseason and figuring it out. Now... game X or game Y past that point if this is still going on... I’ll join the mob and be ranting my head off.

Big Friggin Dummy

Feb 22, 2019
Again, I'd love if Jake and Rust on Geno's wings just magically fixed everything, but the fact remains that they've been arguably our worst two forwards and putting them together proooooobably doesn't do anything to fix that. Rust looks like some AHL nobody and Jake's been a complete non-factor offensively and an absolute trashcan defensively.

It's a case of let it play out until they right the ship, imo. If you wanna put Zucker with Sid and Jake with Geno, whatever tapes your hockey stick, but I don't think it'll magically transform that line into the juggernaut it was before Jake's injury and when Rust was shooting at like a 20% clip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad