Proposal: NYR-STL(Shatty)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Lindberg Cheese

Apr 28, 2013
Cambodia
The trade construct is all wrong, STL has no need for Klein. Berglund would almost have to be included in a trade including Nash for Shattenkirk. NYR would have to add substantially to Nash for Berglund/Shattenkirk to make this work. It may be something like Hayes which make the NYR think twice...

MissouriMook

Still just a Mook among men
Sponsor
Jul 4, 2014
Nash (30% retained), Lindberg, and Klein for Shattenkirk and Berglund

Closer?

Really not interested at all in Nash. The only NYR roster player that makes sense to me is Stepan. How far off would Stepan and McIlrath for Shattenkirk and Lehtera be value wise? Klein instead of McIlrath? Berglund instead of Lehtera?

MrTylerKennedy*

Nobody is saying Shatty isn't a great player. We're saying he's not better than Pietrangelo, because he isn't. And also, we don't have to trade Shatty for money. We could easily resign him next offseason, that just means once Parayko's contract is due, we're going to have a ton of money tied up in the right side of our defense, and Shattenkirk would be playing third pairing minutes(yes, Parayko is better than Shatty too) for 6M. That's less than ideal.

Well, it still comes a money issue. With Parayko, who will easily trump both Pietrangelo and Shattenkrik, as the bigger priority, they won't have the space to afford Shattenkirk because of past money given to Pietrangelo and acquisition of Bouwmeester.

The Note

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 13, 2011
KCMO
Saying Parayko will "easily trump" Petro is a bold claim as well. You're the one undervaluing here. Pietrangelo is a top 10, do everything top pair defenseman. Parayko certainly shows a lot of promise but he still has a long way to go before he's at Petro's level.

Don Chytil

Jan 14, 2010
Queens
Really not interested at all in Nash. The only NYR roster player that makes sense to me is Stepan. How far off would Stepan and McIlrath for Shattenkirk and Lehtera be value wise? Klein instead of McIlrath? Berglund instead of Lehtera?

I don't think the Rangers are considering trading Stepan after trading Brassard, would leave us really thin at center.

WesMcCauley

Apr 24, 2015

Stepan isnt tradable after the Brassard trade unless its for a center thats better/has better potential than Stepan.

MrTylerKennedy*

Saying Parayko will "easily trump" Petro is a bold claim as well. You're the one undervaluing here. Pietrangelo is a top 10, do everything top pair defenseman. Parayko certainly shows a lot of promise but he still has a long way to go before he's at Petro's level.

The bold claim here is that Pietrangelo is a top-10 defensemen. Certainly great, but there are 10 defensemen better than him: Karlsson, Doughty, Burns, Letang, Subban, Keith, Giordano, Hedman, Klingberg, Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
laughing in real life at this thread. Does OP know who Alexander Steen is? One of our best players...Pitiful offer.

Also I cannot fathom how somebody thinks Shattenkirk is better than Pietrangelo. It is truly mind-boggling.

JTRAIN1966

Jul 18, 2012
Imperial, Mo.
laughing in real life at this thread. Does OP know who Alexander Steen is? One of our best players...Pitiful offer.

Also I cannot fathom how somebody thinks Shattenkirk is better than Pietrangelo. It is truly mind-boggling.

Or.........that Klingberg is too ! LMMFAO

gorangers0525

Dec 15, 2014
The bold claim here is that Pietrangelo is a top-10 defensemen. Certainly great, but there are 10 defensemen better than him: Karlsson, Doughty, Burns, Letang, Subban, Keith, Giordano, Hedman, Klingberg, Oliver Ekman-Larsson.

You can definitely add a few more as well. Petro is a lower tier #1, along with the McDonaghs and John Carlsons

Gap between Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk isn't much at all.

bluetuned

Mar 1, 2013
Chicago

I think Petro is borderline Top 10 right now. He certainly has shown that ability in the past, but last year wasn't his best.

But Klingberg? Seriously? There is more to being a defenseman than putting up points.

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia

Team Canada would differ on your belief that a lot of those players are better then Petro.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I actually think Nash would fit well in St. Louis, but this is an awful proposal.

I'd counter with:

NYR: Shattenkirk, T. Thompson, +
STL: McDonagh

Rangers get their RHD, a really good young winger with upside and a pick or two perhaps.

Blues get an amazing partner for Pietro or Parayko.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Klingberg not only produces more offensively, he has a strong positive impact on possession, unlike Pietrangelo.

Klingberg is an excellent player, but Pietrangelo is on another level. He is a thoroughbred. If his advanced stats aren't great that's a product of a flawed/biased stat. He is a guy who can play 30 mins in all situations and never mess up. There's like 8 of those guys in the entire NHL.

KirkOut

EveryoneOut
Nov 23, 2012
USA
100% of Blues fans, who probably watch 80-100% of their games will tell you that Pietrangelo is a significantly better player than Shattenkirk, but no you eastern conference fans probably know better than all of us. And by the way Shattenkirk has been one of my favorite Blues in his time here, and I wish there was a way for us to keep him, though it looks unlikely. So don't think I'm some Shattenkirk hater.

GrayZack

Jul 5, 2015
Nova Scotia
Based on what?

Some poster on here think its all about Fantasy sports, and have no clue how import the shut down role of a defenceman really is. There is a reason why Elliot stats got so inflated when he came to St. Louis.

Yahoo fantasy sports has Petro ranked at 49 for defenceman, Therefor there must be 48 better D in the league. Come People>:shakehead

67Blues

Got it for Bobby
Mar 22, 2013
Section 111
Ah, the classic case of undervaluing a great player because the team has to part ways with him due to money.

And we just let our best forward walk to Boston for nothing right? :laugh::shakehead

This just tells me you haven't watched the Blues at all and don't have any reference to ranking their players.

MrTylerKennedy*

And we just let our best forward walk to Boston for nothing right? :laugh::shakehead

This just tells me you haven't watched the Blues at all and don't have any reference to ranking their players.

Please tell me this is not serious. If you all can't accept the close gap between Pietrangelo and Shattenkirk, a Backes reality check would be a bombshell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad