Proposal: [NYR - MTL] Lundkvist for Lehkonen

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Lehkonen doesn't get Lundkvist on his own, let alone an add on top of that.

Counter-proposal:
Barclay Goodrow, 5th
for
Guhle, 2nd (lowest)

Bottom 6er and a 5th for the team's best D prospect outside the NHL and a 2nd. Because let's be clear, that's what OP is suggesting.

So that just automatically makes them have the same value? Montambeault and Shesterkin have both started the most games for their teams this season, so I guess they have equal value. How about we toss in a 3rd round pick just so you can say you won the deal?

Reactions: jfhabs

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014

Counter-proposal:
Barclay Goodrow, 5th
for
Guhle, 2nd (lowest)

Bottom 6er and a 5th for the team's best D prospect outside the NHL and a 2nd. Because let's be clear, that's what OP is suggesting.

Lundkvist doesn't hold same value as Guhle.

That being said, i would do Lehkonen for Lundkvist straight up. No picks.

Feb 27, 2002
NYC
The NYR are set at RD long term with Trouba, Fox and Schneider. They need quality players in their bottom 6 for the playoffs.

Montreal are sellers and lack RHD in their system.

The trade:

NYR gets: Lehkonen, 5th round pick in 2022.

Montreal gets: Lundkvist, 2nd round pick in 2022 (lowest between NYR's and St-Louis's)

Fair?
I don't think the picks need to be added. Certainly not a 2nd.

Reactions: Benstheman

Rullailija

Oct 29, 2017
Drury should be sent to Guantanamo if he did Lundkvist + a 2nd for Lehkonen. If the ask is so high for Artturi I would look elsewhere (Järnkrok?) to bolster the 3rd line. No need to empty the cupboard for Lehkonen even though I like him as a player.

Reactions: cheech70

PainForShane

formerly surfshop
Dec 24, 2019

Counter-proposal:
Barclay Goodrow, 5th
for
Guhle, 2nd (lowest)

Goodrow is a 29 yo on a long term contract, Guhle is a prospect.

Why exactly would Montreal trade a prospect for a 29 yo bottom six guy being paid 3.5m on a long term deal...? They're trying to get more prospects, not trade them away

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Also sending nils to the AHL to learn Na ice and get top mins to grow to not direct correlation with his play.
Sure. But that shouldn’t be looked at as a negative either. He’s been doing very good in AHL.

Reactions: Benstheman

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Lundkvist is good prospect with interesting potential. That being said, i don't see him as a sure thing in the NHL. I would rate him as a B+, A- type prospect. But he is a prospect that would fill a hole for Habs if he hits his ceiling and is borderline ready for NHL. He fits the profile of the kind of prospect Habs shpould be after for a quick rebuild.

I think something between 1 vs 1 or Lehkonen vs Lundkvist + 3rd pick is fair value.

Reactions: PainForShane

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What does Lehkonen want on his next contract?

On the surface this is a proverbial hockey trade and it kind of feels about right. Rangers have Dmen coming out of their ears and they cannot keep all of them.

Losing Nils would hurt a bit, but not sure how much better they would get for Nils on a 1 for 1 (I’m not adding if I’m Rangers here) scenario. Rangers need a player that can do what Lehkonen can do very badly.

It’s not a perfect offer but it’s not something I am dismissing right away either. A lot would depend on what Lehkonen looking for on his next deal though.

RC51

Dec 10, 2005
mtl
I dont want lund for Leky. I dont want lund at all. small dman? cant score, cant protect the crease, cant fight.
how about CANT BE A HAB.. Lund is a NY 1st round BUST. By next year Lund is worth a bag of pucks when the entire world he is a BUST.

• Haha
Reactions: WhoTagz

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto

Counter-proposal:
Barclay Goodrow, 5th
for
Guhle, 2nd (lowest)

Yikes, this is the worst counter proposal I've ever seen lol

FoxysExpensiveNYDigs

Boo Nieves Truther
Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
I dont want lund for Leky. I dont want lund at all. small dman? cant score, cant protect the crease, cant fight.
how about CANT BE A HAB.. Lund is a NY 1st round BUST. By next year Lund is worth a bag of pucks when the entire world he is a BUST.
Yup because 25 nhl games proves everything about what a prospect will be. Guess you should have traded Caufield for a 3rd at mid-season.

Kairi Zaide

Unforgiven
Aug 11, 2009
Quebec City

Counter-proposal:
Barclay Goodrow, 5th
for
Guhle, 2nd (lowest)

Correction : Middle 6er (he can play just fine on the 2nd line at 5v5 if needed) who happens to be one of the league's best 3rd liner this season (and a very very good one still too in previous seasons besides last season that was just an anomaly, like his current season is, most likely).

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
swap the direction of the 2nds and possibly NYR interested,
i don't see NYR moving young Lundkvist without a promising young asset included in return

Reactions: cheech70

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
Drury should be sent to Guantanamo if he did Lundkvist + a 2nd for Lehkonen. If the ask is so high for Artturi I would look elsewhere (Järnkrok?) to bolster the 3rd line. No need to empty the cupboard for Lehkonen even though I like him as a player.
Is this really emptying the cupboard? We have Schneider on the 3rd pair right now. We have Jones who can play RD. I'd hardly calling trading Lundkvist emptying the cupboard when you consider NYR have used a lot of draft picks recently and aren't in the early stages or rebuilding. Whether you like Lehkonen enough to make the trade is another point.

pld459666

Feb 27, 2002
Danbury, CT
Rangers fans, what's prevented Lundkvist from taking that next step?

Consistent playing time.

I believe he needs to get more TOI at ES, PP and PK.

Hes not gonna get that with this current group of defenders on the NYR blueline.

If we didn't have a Schneider in the system, Lundkvist would be our 3rd RD.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad