Post-Game Talk: Nylander King of Sweden!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Oct 15, 2014
The Duke's Archives
These international games tend to be close regardless of the quality of teams. 3 of the 4 games went the OT and the other one was minutes away before Justin Holl's heroics.
20 of the last 33 overseas games were decided by a goal

Some may be disappointed with the Leafs being sleepy half the time, but I wouldn't take too much from these games. Just glad they got 4 points

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
JT and Nylander should just switch contracts. For what each does JT is ok for around 6.5-7 mil and Willy is right now at over 10 for sure.

They paid JT for his UFA status and the first 3 or 4 years of his contract. In my opinion, he's actually outperformed expectations. He's still a damn good player and looks to me like he's a little slicker this year. He's a solid guy and I hope they never screw with him like asking him to waive his NMC. He's held up his end of the bargain.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
:laugh: You can really get a sense of the age of the posters here by the comments of having to wake up.
I wouldn't call myself too too old, but I'm old enough were all my friends my age wake up at a normal hour and I'm for sure the latest riser. I definitely enjoy waking up later if I can. I've never ever been a morning person and maybe never will be, but yes, I had to set the alarm for today's game and I'm no longer in the 15-25 age range.

Reactions: ACC1224

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
yea it was definitely weird to wake up to the leafs playing, I would not mind 2 or so games like that in year, it was a nice experience to watch the leafs with a morning coffee.

next time i am putting an alarm :laugh:

I want to experience what it is watching the Leafs game with a coffee instead of booze and yelling at the screen :laugh:

although i gotta say i've severely cut down my alcohol consumption lol

• Love
Reactions: Cleetus

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I wouldn't call myself too too old, but I'm old enough were all my friends my age wake up at a normal hour and I'm for sure the latest riser. I definitely enjoy waking up later if I can. I've never ever been a morning person and maybe never will be, but yes, I had to set the alarm for today's game and I'm no longer in the 15-25 age range.
I wasn’t criticizing, I’m envious

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The star players are really carrying this team...

Nylander on pace for 130pts
Matthews on pace for 101pts
Marner on pace for 96pts
Tavares on pace for 92pts
Rielly on pace for 72pts
Well that is the way it is built, all the cash in that pot and hope the rest don’t get too humiliated.

Reactions: MarnerElite

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
They paid JT for his UFA status and the first 3 or 4 years of his contract. In my opinion, he's actually outperformed expectations. He's still a damn good player and looks to me like he's a little slicker this year. He's a solid guy and I hope they never screw with him like asking him to waive his NMC. He's held up his end of the bargain.

Stats wise you're probably right but if they want to pay 11 mil for a guy who has one dimensional game it'll be very hard to keep all the 4 guys next year(even though cap is going up by a few i believe).

Reactions: The Hanging Jowl

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
I also think we haven’t talked about how good Rielly has been this year on both sides of the ice

He doesn’t seem to make stupid pinches, he’s making good reads in the dzone. He’s actually playing 2 on 1’s pretty well. His transition skills are still top notch as are his playmaking skills

15 points in 17 games. That’s at 7.5 million, he’s such an amazing player. Playing like a top 10 dman in the league

pcruz

Mar 7, 2013
Vaughan
9-2 with McCabe in the lineup
1-3-2 without McCabe in the lineup

It's crazy that when you only have 2 everyday NHL defenseman playing, you end up losing more than you win.

This season has been, if at all possible, more unfair to Gio than last season.
He's been tasked with carrying such a load....

As an aside, something has to be done about the officiating.
It's bonkers out there.

The first penalty for each team was a complete phantom.
And then later in the game, much more egregious versions of those 2 same penalties went uncalled.

It's hard to take this league seriously with this garbage going on out there.

Reactions: therealkoho

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Yes sir he came to us for free, no assets we didn’t even have to draft him. That alone has to be worth 2 million a season. What does a team have to give up to get a point per game player?

kb

Aug 28, 2009
Brodie went tape to tape with a Wild player alone in the slot while 3 Leafs were in the corner. The hell was that.
It was the correct play, but his teammates (M&M) were puck-watching instead of giving Brodie an outlet.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
I also think we haven’t talked about how good Rielly has been this year on both sides of the ice

He doesn’t seem to make stupid pinches, he’s making good reads in the dzone. He’s actually playing 2 on 1’s pretty well. His transition skills are still top notch as are his playmaking skills

15 points in 17 games. That’s at 7.5 million, he’s such an amazing player. Playing like a top 10 dman in the league

I said it the other day, consistent players this year have been Rielly, Tavares and Nylander.

Matthews gets his goals in bunches, but Auston Matthews Stats And News

Need everyone to play their best, but they aren't.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad