Post-Game Talk: Nylander King of Sweden!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
was trying to see when the Leafs play next... and oh look Leafs coming back to NA to play at "normal" times hahahahaha :laugh: I guess am taking the Friday after lunch off lol

View attachment 770456

Done a bunch of Pacific and a few Mideast-JFK hops in my day. These guys go all over the place on trips in the off-season.

Jet lag is a meme, I’m in good shape, not like they are but I’m healthy, only Gio is older and just barely, and it’s really only a weird energy the first 2 days, I’m usually wired the first day and sleepy the second, and then you’re back on time after 4, at the absolute most.

And this is full half day differences and I’m not flying private, though getting bumped to first class is awesome on the rare times its happened.

Very least these were two ‘road games’ they’ll get back but they’re going to get a compressed schedule - 5 games in 9 days starting with Chicago, another four day break then seven in 12.

It’s stupid, but I liked the result from this trip and hope they smack Chicago like they should have last time.

Oh and it’s American Thanksgiving this week and the top 4 in the Atlantic are:

1. Boston
2. Florida
3. Toronto
4. Tampa

Summer of Dorion!
Power-Dahlin!
The Yzerplan!
Other team currently 1/4-1/3 through a rebuild!

Get it together.

Last edited:

Shooter2x

Nov 3, 2021
Not punishing Nylander anymore for having zero chances of ever winning a selke turned him into a potential 100+ point player.

We always said just leave him alone and let him do what he does best. The net sum will be positive.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The real fun begins when marner and Matthews inevitably wake up to join Nylander.

Good luck NHL
LOL let's not get carried away here. We've been winning our share of games but have looked anything but impressive in the process. 10th overall is where we were going into today which is mediocre at best. We've also had a pretty soft schedule and after today's game our goal differential is a pathetic +2 and we've also been one of worst defensive teams in the league.

When it's all said and done, I'm sure our big 4 will have a ton of points, just like they do every year but considering that is what happens every year and our playoff series record with this core is 1-7, I'm pretty sure the rest of the league will remain completely unconcerned. Until we get to the 3rd round of the playoffs (if that ever happens), there is no reason whatsoever to be chirpy.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
All thanks to King Nylander, I'm very happy with the 2 points in this game !!!

However, I'm not happy with the way our Leafs played overall. They looked like the team that played yesterday. The Wild outplayed our Leafs for most of the game, especially in the 2nd and 3rd periods. This was NOT ACCEPTABLE IMHO.

Our Leafs were hemmed in their D zone too often. The Wild won nearly all the races to the puck, despite being the team that played yesterday. Our Leafs were out-shot and out-hit to boot.

The refs also let the Wild get away with blatant infractions too. The hit against the boards on Laggeson at the buzzer in the 2nd period should have got the Wild a 2 minute minor. The Wild player mugged/interferred with/piled on Marner in front of the net and only Marner got 2 for retaliating with a slash. There was also another Leaf player tripped, and I think some Leaf was high-sticked with no calls being made.

Our Leafs should be happy coming back to T.O. from Sweden with the 4 points. They should not be happy with their level of work ethic overall.

JMHO.

Last edited:

Leaf Rocket

Leaf Fan Till I Die
Dec 10, 2007
Toronto/Fredericton
All thanks to King Nylander, I'm very happy with the 2 points in this gamer !!!

However, I'm not happy with the way our Leafs played overall. They looked like the team that played yesterday. The Wild outplayed our Leafs for most of the game, especially in the 2nd and 3rd periods. This was NOT ACCEPTABLE IMHO.

Our Leafs were hemmed in their D zone too often. The Wild won nearly all the races to the puck, despite being the team that played yesterday. Our Leafs were out-shot and out-hit to boot.

The refs also let the Wild get away with blatant infractions too. The hit against the boards on Laggeson at the buzzer in the 2nd period should have got the Wild a 2 minute minor. The Wild player mugged/interferred with/piled on Marner in front of the net and only Marner got 2 for retaliating with a slash. There was also another Leaf player tripped, and I think some Leaf was high-sticked with no calls being made.

Our Leafs should be happy coming back to T.O. from Sweden with the 4 points. They should not be happy with their level of work ethic overall.

JMHO.
Definitely agree with this. Enjoy the moment but we certainly need to clean up our game.

Voodoo Child

Jun 16, 2009
All thanks to King Nylander, I'm very happy with the 2 points in this game !!!

JMHO.

Agree with all and I’m glad Mitch did that and he needs to do more of it. It would have been bad if the Mild* scored but they didn’t and it’s a big, fat ‘I’m not taking any more of your shit’.

People don’t decide to not f*** with Draisaitl, Malkin, MacKinnon or Kucherov because they’re big, but because they know if they push them too far they’ll get a bad chop in the wrist/forearm/balls/knee or a slightly high hit later in the game. They sit for two or perhaps pull a roll out to pay a fine versus you getting hurt, not a hard choice.

* I had their feed on and even their PBP team is boring compared to other west teams like Dallas, Colorado or St Louis.

Last edited:

MarnerElite

Feb 20, 2019
How the hell do you suggest we acquire McDavid who has 2 Years left on his deal after this? Like let’s think about this for a second

You think that seriously? Just messing around...Would be great of course but nah...It would be almost impossible to get him.

Did you see Matthews Marner and Brodie stuck in the corner and got bailed out by the Wild player and goalie Woll?

And? JT literally does that every time he's on the ice especially in OT since he's always running around trying to catch his opponent. The fact the other guys sometimes do something stupid isn't a good reason to put out there someone who just doesn't have the skating ability(nor can he make good decisions).

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
Frank the Nylander tank going streaking. Only the NHL doesn’t use the Disney script to give 88 first star in Stockholm. GLG

HogTown06

Jul 20, 2012
Hammonds Plains
It was a fun game. Really happy for Willie. Media always portrayed his as second fiddle until this year, while mitch received exaggerated praise

Trade mitch. Get assets. Tavares' contract expires soon. No need to waste cap space
I would honestly be really sad to see Marner go (even more because I have his jersey). Hopefully we can retain the triple-headed monster of Matthews - Marner - Nylander.

Tavares is playing great, what the f***.
I agree, this is not a knock on Tavares, but he's getting there in age, if it's between one more year of Tavares or signing Nylander long term in my eyes at least it's an easy choice.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Marner, 400 assists
Keon and Armstrong, four (4) Stanley Cups
Yep now do the rest of the players since 67.

I would honestly be really sad to see Marner go (even more because I have his jersey). Hopefully we can retain the triple-headed monster of Matthews - Marner - Nylander.

I agree, this is not a knock on Tavares, but he's getting there in age, if it's between one more year of Tavares or signing Nylander long term in my eyes at least it's an easy choice.
Those 3 will be career Leafs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad