Post-Game Talk: Nylander King of Sweden!!!

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
It was da Rielly and Willy show folks!!!!!!!!!! Both these guys have really picked up their games .. and a little shout out to JT too .. when he told me this summer he was down 12 lbs and was faster i lol him .. well every once in awhile old dogs learn a new trick .. i must say he does not look as far out of da play as he did last year and da league only gets faster every year that goes by .. big surprise

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Your emotionally driven dichotomies keep getting the best of you.

If you're not aware by now, you should at this moment: most pro athletes are pretty strong and also go to the gym. That certainly includes Nylander.

He did play the perimeter a lot through the years. He avoided Chara, he invented the double flamingo move, he avoided contact in the corners to retrieve/negate icing, etc.

Is Nylander playing really well right now? Yes. Cutting in towards the goalie in 3 on 3 OT is a bit different then going to the net 5 on 5, etc. I'm glad he did it, glad he scored, and glad he's playing well for TOR, but he still came a long way to be like this IMHO.

he's improved a lot but at the same time the potential was always there. could see it from his first nhl game.

Reactions: Willchel Marlynder

Willchel Marlynder

(philer bozel)
Jul 15, 2010
Windsor, ON
Yes he absolutely was a perimeter play but so far this year he has not been. He seems to have decided that his new contract value depends on becoming a more well rounded star.
i wouldn’t think anyone would have any trouble understanding this.
I for one like this version of Willy much better

That’s a good question………at least it’s true about Willy right now
Nylander has been scoring goals in front of the net for what 3 or 4 years now? He hasn't been a perimeter only player in a very long time. I agree this season he looks more well rounded on the defensive end though.

Reactions: Da Mash

Racer88

Sep 29, 2020
Nylander has been scoring goals in front of the net for what 3 or 4 years now? He hasn't been a perimeter only player in a very long time. I agree this season he looks more well rounded on the defensive end though.
He used to score some goals close to the net but when it didn’t go in he just reverted to doing a fly way to often. He never spent much time in and around the net or battling along the boards for the puck. He does both those things regularly now.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad