Post-Game Talk: Nylander King of Sweden!!!

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ThrowDemTongs

kid named jeff finger
Mar 21, 2013
Coquitlam, BC
LOL let's not get carried away here. We've been winning our share of games but have looked anything but impressive in the process. 10th overall is where we were going into today which is mediocre at best. We've also had a pretty soft schedule and after today's game our goal differential is a pathetic +2 and we've also been one of worst defensive teams in the league.

When it's all said and done, I'm sure our big 4 will have a ton of points, just like they do every year but considering that is what happens every year and our playoff series record with this core is 1-7, I'm pretty sure the rest of the league will remain completely unconcerned. Until we get to the 3rd round of the playoffs (if that ever happens), there is no reason whatsoever to be chirpy.
The grim reaper delivers his sobering (yet sadly accurate) truth.

Enga Olly

May 26, 2021
The grim reaper delivers his sobering (yet sadly accurate) truth.
Oh accurate my ass - he's like everyone, no idea what will happen in the future. Big deal prattling off past short comings. Might as well pack it all in then eh? Haven't won in the past therefor we will never win.
For a guy with a nik garynylund, you'd think he could appreciate and enjoy a Leaf team that is top 10 anything. I certainly would have loved top 10 finishes in the eighties

Janvonpobben

Sep 15, 2021
nylander.png
Whats it league wise?

Reactions: Duffman955

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
You must live in a cave if you don’t know it’s US Thanksgiving next week.

Reactions: Al14

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
Not worried about the performance. We took over completely in the 1st, then the refs decided to turn the tides in the 2nd handing us 3 penalties in quick succession. That really took the wind out of our sails. Naturally, we didn't get another powerplay for the rest of the game despite some pretty obvious infractions commited against us. Whats left to say about the reffing in this league at this point?

We came out pretty strong with that goal early in the third when we could finally play at even strength for a stretch, but I think a couple weird goals against put us back on our heels for the rest of regulation. Many times this season it's felt like any floater from the point or weird bounce will find its way into the back of the net and that seemed to be happening again here. Got a little rattled and played tight after that. It wasn't a lack of effort, more like shell shock.

I still see improvement in defending high danger ice in general. I like our transition game coming out of our own zone more as well. We still get discombobulated but it's nowhere near the tirefire we saw earlier this season. It wasn't the prettiest win but I don't see a need for doomer posting... The Wild are a very desperate team right now and they got some luck.

Excited for Timmins over Benoit soon. Benoit has some tools but my god his path selection in the d zone is some of the worst I've ever seen.

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Before the Detroit game O-Dog and Poulin both agreed it would be "just another game" from Nylander. As in, he won't treat these games any differently than any other.

Maybe one of the worst takes ever, even without the benefit of hindsight. It was a huge deal for Nylander going home & playing in front of 100+ family & friends, with the Borje patches and Sundin taking part. Just another game? Ugh.

Maybe Willie used their clueless comments as whiteboard material, but whatever the case he was a beast out there. And thanks to his incredible performances in both games, he's actually got a shot at taking over the scoring lead.

King of Sweden indeed.

Niagara Bill

Oct 11, 2021
Winning cups in a 6 team league where 8 wins gets you a cup, and without foreign players.
56 yrs. Tampa wins, Boston wins, Detroit, Chicago, Montreal, NY Rangers, etc
So what you are saying that because of foreign players we have not won?
Or other teams can win more than 8 games only,
OR MAYBE YÒU ARE SUGGESTING WE DIDNT EARN 4 CÙPS, ON EQUAL FOOTING AS OTHERS?
Diminishing the Leafs accomplishments of the 60s is unbecoming a True Leaf fan.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad