Nylander Chronicles Part XXIV: Homer's Odyssey Edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
People claimed he was this genius GM. Here's the first big challenge and he's failing miserably. Most GM's are able to get their RFA's signed to contracts without missing any games. The last GM we had was not only able to do that, but he was able to convince the players to take team friendly deals. Here's the guy we mortgaged the core of our front office for, and he's falling on his face so far. Not a good sign for the future.
Totally reserving judgement eh?

member 300185

People claimed he was this genius GM. Here's the first big challenge and he's failing miserably. Most GM's are able to get their RFA's signed to contracts without missing any games. The last GM we had was not only able to do that, but he was able to convince the players to take team friendly deals. Here's the guy we mortgaged the core of our front office for, and he's falling on his face so far. Not a good sign for the future.
Whoa!. Every contract negotiations is different. These are special circumstances and Nylander and his dad are asking for the moon. They are being very greedy. Look at Michael Nylander, he was a greedy POS and he has passed it onto his son.

Not giving in to that tyrant is not failing as a GM, but succeeding. You are clearly looking at this all wrong.

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
Just give the kid a 2yr contract at high value and see where its goes. Stop trying to shove 6x6 down his throat and hoping for a Pastrnak outcome.
He doesn't want a 2 year contract because he wants lockout protection. It is silly to just assume they haven't tried a bridge deal.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
See this is what I don’t get.
Dubas signed the biggest UFA in JT and people continued to point to that JT wanted to come home all along. JT took less than he would if he signed with SJ or stayed with Islanders. If he was dead set to come home, he would have taken a further discount to make it happened. I really believe Dubas played a role successfully signing him.
As for Willie. None of us know what’s going on between both sides. Do you actually think On July 3, 2018. Dubas looked at the date and said to himself, no need to offer Willie anything yet as I still got months and he will sign for sure. Pretty sure he wants to sign all RFAs ASAP and get it over with.
Is Dubas lowballing Willie, maybe, is Willie standing firm with his, maybe. We really can’t comment is Dubas doing a bad job or Willie is being greedy. I think we all believe a fair deal is 6.5mil, what if Willie stand pat at 7.5mil? If Dubas signs him to that amount, people will say Dubas is a such a rookie.... but if Willie produce PPG, that’s 7.5mil looks great. On the other hand, Dubas might be offering 5.8mil and sell to Willie that you got the best chance to win in TO....

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
He's too good to play for Pastrnak money and not good enough to get a D that moves the needle for the Leafs.

He's too good to let sit but not good enough to overpay.

He doesn't want to bet on himself with a bridge contract. He cant get a no trade deal so he wants to sign a deal for so much money that nobody will trade for him.

He doesn't want to be traded but come November 30th he is likely to be because he won't sign short or long term or anything in between. Did I leave anthing out?

Oh his Dad's a ******.

Hunter74

Sep 21, 2004
It is silly if they cant even agree on a bridge deal. 1 year deal then.

How can the Leafs say they are all in for the cup this year if they dont have Nylander signed. They are holding onto to Gardiner and letting him walk for nothing in Hope's of a good playoff run.

Just frustrating.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
It is silly if they cant even agree on a bridge deal. 1 year deal then.

How can the Leafs say they are all in for the cup this year if they dont have Nylander signed. They are holding onto to Gardiner and letting him walk for nothing in Hope's of a good playoff run.

Just frustrating.
I really think they tried to move Jake in the summer but due to Game 7, nobody want to trade for him or the package just not good enough. Don’t think it helps the Leafs if Jake was traded for 3 2nd founders in the summer.

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Most of the times a team trades away a very good young player it doesn't end well for that team - look at Boston and Tyler Seguin - they have nothing to show for it - none of the players and picks Boston received are any longer with the team - Boston still regretting that trade to this day
I prefer what Yzerman got for Drouin. Patience and stand firm, no matter.

Last edited:

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Look at Boston and Phil Kessel...wait, never mind
Happy Halloween!
IMG_0915.JPG

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka

Ya, caving to Zaitsevs demands sure worked out well for us.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
I don't think players care about cups as much as fans do.

Some probably don't care at all or that winning is secondary to salary.

What bottom-feeder has deep pockets and can ante up some quality assets? Willie could be pulling in some serious coin in total obscurity right now! Time's a wastin'!

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
For sure.

What about the Avs they have Makar and their own first. No way we'd get the Sens first.

That's the kind of Dman I see the Leafs targetting for Nylander. Someone who is unproven but is can't miss as a prospect who is a year away at most.

I absolutely LOVE Makar. High end talent in spades. Has every single offensive tool and an active stick in the defensive zone. I would not be annoyed in the slightest if him and a 1st are the return for Nylander assuming a trade happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad