Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Ryan Pulock signs extension with the Islanders (8 years, $6.15M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Great deal . Got historically unlucky offensively last year so maybe that played a role? Either way this is a steal . Hes rock solid and still has that howitzer in his back pocket.

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Players want to play on the Island? What a novel feeling, only took 32 years of living to see it.

Reactions: SI90

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Honestly it's absolutely insane how the franchise really turned around after the arrival of Lamoriello. Seems like they're making the right moves and have a great culture. Hired the right coach too.

Reactions: sebsisles

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
It is good now. At the same time the Isles are setting up to be New Jersey circa 2013 - 2020 in a few years with their cap situation.

I guess if Raty and Dobson add up that helps them out, but lots of money to players that are great right now, but not necessarily on the best aging curves.
more term for lower aav. common practice.

TBF1972

May 19, 2018
I keep hearing about “cap issues” but the Isles have a good amount of money coming off the books next season and seem to be managing just fine.

No one making more than $7m AAV at the moment and the 33+ guys all signed short term.
22/23 season: 14 contracts taking up 60.5m. 21m left. 4+m for dobson.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
Rielly should be getting this same deal with at max 6 million more.

8 years 56M should be his max, ideally get him at 8 years 52M

Great deal for the Islanders

Since dubas is your gm really thought you meant 6m more per year. Lol

hunter7isles

Feb 22, 2007
I agree with your overall point, but the type of term that has been given throughout their line up prevents the concept of cheap depth as you are arguing.

6 forwards are making over 4 mil and are signed for the next three years at minimum. And none of them are named Barzal.

The plus is that those contracts are staggered. Bailey and Beau are up after 3 years. At that time, Bailey will be done and they can make a decision of Beau. The following year. Palmieri and Nelson are up. Palmieri will retire and Nelson maybe also. Year 5 will be Lee and Pageau.

So really, the issue is making room to pay Barzal in 2 years and younger guys like Dobson and Wahlstrom while still maybe adding a piece here or there. Not really as drastic as you are making it out to be. They have other smaller contracts which will come off which will help like clutter, leo and hickey.

Reactions: PWJunior

Thrasymachus

Jul 1, 2018
giphy.gif

I was a Lou doubter... but MAN, these contracts he has been signing lately. What a gem!

Tres Peleches

Johnny Turncoat
Jul 13, 2011
Yeah, sure. But at the same time does NYI get past PIT and BOS without Palms? I dunno:
IMO, yes. The first line was a tire fire for most of the playoffs with Komarov up there. Lee is more of a game changer than Palmieri is. Palms had clutch goals, yes, but do they need them with Lee in the lineup? Impossible to say, but I think it would have been less likely

Not to mention having Lee didnt necessarily preclude getting Palmieri, though it wasn’t likely they would have if Lee didn’t get hurt

Reactions: Gurglesons

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
IMO, yes. The first line was a tire fire for most of the playoffs with Komarov up there. Lee is more of a game changer than Palmieri is. Palms had clutch goals, yes, but do they need them with Lee in the lineup? Impossible to say, but I think it would have been less likely

Not to mention having Lee didnt necessarily preclude getting Palmieri, though it wasn’t likely they would have if Lee didn’t get hurt

Fair.

Reactions: Tres Peleches

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The plus is that those contracts are staggered. Bailey and Beau are up after 3 years. At that time, Bailey will be done and they can make a decision of Beau. The following year. Palmieri and Nelson are up. Palmieri will retire and Nelson maybe also. Year 5 will be Lee and Pageau.

So really, the issue is making room to pay Barzal in 2 years and younger guys like Dobson and Wahlstrom while still maybe adding a piece here or there. Not really as drastic as you are making it out to be. They have other smaller contracts which will come off which will help like clutter, leo and hickey.

I guess, I've been a fan of a team with championship aspirations for over 15 years. You don't think these things crash quick, but they do.

And cap hit is rarely the issue, it is always the term that burns you.

I'd also point to the fact the Islanders have completely devoured their defense to pay for these offensive contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad