Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Ryan Pulock signs extension with the Islanders (8 years, $6.15M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
f5326ced36.jpeg

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
I love that their top pairing ( Pelech & Pulock), are signed to team friendly salaries.
Next up? Mat Barzal.

Beacon Isles

Feb 20, 2015
Beacon, NY
That’s kind of my point. Its a good deal because the Islanders were lucky enough to have a good player committed to staying, not because of some negotiation miracle that Lou pulled off.

It definitely speaks to the character of the players taking less to stay than they could in UFA, but at the same time, if the GM, coach, and team leaders didn't build a culture worth staying in, he wouldn't be leaving $16M or so on the table potentially.

Spectra

Registered boozer
Aug 3, 2005
Brilliant contract, kudos. NYI will soon become the envy of the league, with a new arena and perhaps a new dynasty in the making.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
this is what team work should be...

let's all take a discount and try to win as long as we can.

Great job Lou and the players of the NY Islanders

Easier to say when you aren’t leaving the money on the table... taxes in NY are insane on top of it so a questionable move by him but he gets security. Obviously a really nice deal for NYI. It’ll be interesting to see where he falls in AAV against similar caliber players in a few years. He might be end up being the 7th or 8th highest paid defenseman in just the tri state area in 3-4 years

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
With the way the NHL dmen contracts are being handed out, it's clear we got Ryan at a discount.

He's not a McAvoy or Makar but he's not 3.5 less a season than them. Figure he would've gotten 8 or 8.5 a season long-term. 6.15 is great savings.

Well done senile old Lou.
Pulock is definitely 3.5M worse than Makar, who is a borderline generational defenseman. He's not 3.5M worse than than McAvoy though. Great deal for the isles still.

Makar is the only guy who got the crazy deals who I expect to outperform the contract

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
Sorry, Seattle's now in the league. He's definitely heading "home". ;)

You kid, but a couple of months ago I had Jet fans insisting Pulock's girlfriend wanted him to return home to play in Winnipeg.
I am glad he signed early, so isles fans can avoid the is he leaving, why won't he sign already threads.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad