Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Ryan Pulock signs extension with the Islanders (8 years, $6.15M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
It is good now. At the same time the Isles are setting up to be New Jersey circa 2013 - 2020 in a few years with their cap situation.

I guess if Raty and Dobson add up that helps them out, but lots of money to players that are great right now, but not necessarily on the best aging curves.
The Isles are in it to win now. These deals are set up to win within 5 years. The Modfied no trade kicks in after year 5. By then, who knows? It's hard to keep a team on top, as the Isles have been since Lou and Barry started running the team. Organizations are like organisms. Nothing is stagnant, if or when the day comes for the Isles to sell off, these favourable cap hits will be positives, they will not be cap dumps. Isles will get assets for them to retool. It's a win win. Pulock obviously wants to stay with this group, Pelech bought in too. I can see nothing but positives with this signing.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
I’m an isles fan but I want the league to investigate this! This isn’t fair. I believe Pelech and now Pulock are in an abusive relationship with Lou and he’s taking advantage of them. They’re victims here and this isn’t right.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
Joshua Tree, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
The Isles are in it to win now. These deals are set up to win within 5 years. The Modfied no trade kicks in after year 5. By then, who knows? It's hard to keep a team on top, as the Isles have been since Lou and Barry started running the team. Organizations are like organisms. Nothing is stagnant, if or when the day comes for the Isles to sell off, these favourable cap hits will be positives, they will not be cap dumps. It's a win win. Pulock obviously wants to stay with this group, Pelech bought in too. I can see nothing but positives with this signing.

I agree. I think the Pulock and Pelech signings are home runs. I just get a little worried to see the 6 - 8 year term being thrown around so regularly.

As you said Lou is operating to win now. Which is exactly my point. He did the same thing in Jersey and it ended up biting him in the long run. Doesn’t matter if the Isles win a cup.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
Just further proof that Lou is an absolute dinosaur, stuck in a bygone era. He’s paying his players like it’s 2009!

Awesome post!!

applause.gif

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I agree. I think the Pulock and Pelech signings are home runs. I just get a little worried to see the 6 - 8 year term being thrown around so regularly.

As you said Lou is operating to win now. Which is exactly my point. He did the same thing in Jersey and it ended up biting him in the long run. Doesn’t matter if the Isles win a cup.
I can only look ahead. For Pulock, let's say he is a 6M cap hit, after year 5, if the Isles are in a retool mode. 3 years for a top pairing D man at 32 should net good assets. I agree with you it may be problematic if the cap hit was crazy high. But this cap hit is team friendly. Isles will still be in a good position should they need to retool with a trade. Right now, they are locked in with one of the NHL's top shutdown pairings under 12M per. I think if you ask any Isles fan, they would be on board with this.

Pure Slaughter Value

Jun 6, 2002
New York
Visit site
I don't mind the term for either Pulock or Pelech since neither play 22 min toi a game. It's not like they've been playing 24+ with regularity.

Really good, strong deals for one of the league's top 5 pairings. By the time they're in the last couple of years of their contracts they'll be making 2nd pairing dollars. They should be playing 2nd pairing then anyway.

Nice work Lou.

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
This is what happens when you put an emphasis on defense and not try to sign superstars to carry your team. They work as a unit, one guy doesn't score 50 goals and demand a huge chunk of the salary cap. The money spreads out and gives you flexibility to build rosters. LL sticking to his guns and knows there's a reason the wheel has been round since it was invented.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
What the hell? That's pretty damn cheap especially considering the inflated D market.
Nurse is amazing despite what some of the knuckleheads on the main board say but this makes his 9.25m look pretty bad.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad