Confirmed Signing with Link: [NYI] Adam Pelech signs extension (8 years, $5.75M AAV)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Shouldn't he be getting like 7, 7.5 based on the other contracts ?

...not with Captain Lou driving the bus...

captainlou.gif

Reactions: OgeeOgelthorpe

the_fan

Have we traded Mikko yet?
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
5.75? I thought all d-men in the league are getting 9.25 mil. That's a steal

Disgraced Cosmonaut

Oct 26, 2002
Visit site
This is a very good deal. In light of the flat cap and what Holland and Jarmo are handing out, this looks sparkly. Still, I think Adam will likely see all of the money, even if it's a year or even two long.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
The contrast is the Isles lost Toews because “GM of the year” decided Komarov was more important?

Why do you guys have to involve the Leafs in every isles thread? We don’t care about the Isles, and we are extremely thrilled that you guys have Lou.

In fairness I also threw shade at EDM.

To answer your Q, I guess just b/c its Lou's last team & they kind of ushered him out to bring in Dubas.

Although to be completely honest I was watching some overdrive videos last night of the guys reaction to the Marner negotiation so I guess that was just fresh in the mind when I posted. Sorry buddy.

hockeyisles

Jul 29, 2021
Why would you assume I don't understand what's on the graph? I simply prefer hockey discussions to include actual discussion of a player's abilities and strengths/weaknesses that lead that player to be the player he is, not just image after image of charts and graphs with no actual hockey analysis from the person posting those charts and graphs.

It's no different than if the discussion is "who is a better player between McDavid and Mackinnon" and the only thing someone posts in response is a link or image of the scoring race from last season with nothing else accompanying it. It makes for boring discussion.
actually I know you long enough to know that you understand the graphic, I just think those graphics take some of the Subjectivity out of the discussion. in the end it still comes down to what each individual thinks and feels.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Didn't know he was due for a new contract. This is a fantastic deal for the Isles. Just an incredibly solid player all around. Not flashy, but is very effective.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Islanders save over $3 million a year because Pelech doesn't score much. Money they can spend on guys who do.

Bingo.

Pelech is a DEFENSEman. His first responsibility is to play D. Everything else is gravy. The Islander really don't score, but yet they are very successful because of their defensive play.

Nurse is also a defenseman...But does not play DEFENSE all that well. He can score but...They have Draisaitl/McDavid/etc who can more than handle that. Yet despite all that offense, the Oilers are nowhere near the Cup.

I'd say in the very specific case. 5.75 >>>>> 9.25 (that is if you want to win and not just score more).

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Thats apples and oranges.

I'm sure it would cost Islanders around 9 as well trying to convince Pelech to live in Edmonton vs New York

So Chiarelli, Holland, and every other Oilers GM aren't handing out bad contracts to players. It's the city of Edmonton that's essentially handing them out.

Let's keep Mike Smith into his 40's because...Edmonton.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
Nah, you loved him. He was your franchise center, and he left because you couldn’t build a team around him. He was a #1C on the best contract in the league, around ~5M I think. And the best winger you could get him was PA Parenteau lol.

Does that sound familiar? Who is Barzal playing with this season, Parise if he’s lucky? :)

I think it should be an auto-infraction if a Leaf fan tries to talk shit.

periferal

Jul 5, 2007
...why, it's more fun to play along...there's just soo much ammo to use against them, it's like shooting squirrels with a 12 gauge...:laugh:

I'd say it's like shooting zombies with a 12-gauge. Easy to do, but they don't stop coming.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad