Confirmed Signing with Link: [NSH] F Steven Stamkos signs with the Predators (4 years, $8M AAV)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Good for stamkos to get paid. Good luck!

Two cents is that 8 mil is a bit much for him at this stage in his career. I like him in the power play situation and he can score goals but I'm not sure if I depend on him to carry a team at that number like you would expect. If we paid him that it would be for the past that he's done for us and to take care of him for the rest of his career. Feels like the lightning said it might not be great for the quality of the team if we commit to that long term but maybe if someone else does it and it's not in our conference then good for him.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com

Attachments

• boobiescalculator.jpg
    boobiescalculator.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: triggrman

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
Good for stamkos to get paid. Good luck!

Two cents is that 8 mil is a bit much for him at this stage in his career. I like him in the power play situation and he can score goals but I'm not sure if I depend on him to carry a team at that number like you would expect. If we paid him that it would be for the past that he's done for us and to take care of him for the rest of his career. Feels like the lightning said it might not be great for the quality of the team if we commit to that long term but maybe if someone else does it and it's not in our conference then good for him.
We don't really need him to carry the team with Forsberg, O'Reilly and now Marchessault. As long as he can score goals that's great.

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
Will Stamkos be able to use "MC Hammer" as his goal song in Nashville?! He better be able to... Plus Nashvilee should change their uniforms to Blue and White. Stamkos looks best in those colours as he's been wearing them all the way since the 18th century.

Luigi Habs

Captain Saku
Jul 30, 2005
Montreal
Bad look on both Tampa and Stamkos

Tampa because they treated their captain and franchise player for so many years like dog shit.

Stamkos because looks like all he cared about is money. I can understand him however since he accepted cap friendly deals twice to stay with Tampa and help them keep the core together. Time to cash in.

• Haha
Reactions: zeeto

VinikToWinIt

Number 1 Bull****
Jun 15, 2014
South Florida

Tampa because they treated their captain and franchise player for so many years like dog shit.

Stamkos because looks like all he cared about is money. I can understand him however since he accepted cap friendly deals twice to stay with Tampa and help them keep the core together. Time to cash in.
If the rumors are true, this is squarely on the Lightning.

Once Stamkos isn't going back to Tampa, of course he is going to take a payday. What the Lightning (allegedly) offered him is insulting.

JBB and the Lightning organization will, and should, get dragged for this.

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019

Give me a break. If you left your job to make more money elsewhere, aint nobody going to say it's a bad look.

It's business.

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
Good for Stammer I guess but that is gonna get ugly with the way he is dropping off.

He should still be in a role here to pick up points but..

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
Tampa didn't refuse to give Stamkos 8 million. They refused to give him 4-5 million.
I think it's important to state that rumours are not facts. If you have ironclad evidence that proves to this claim, by all means.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad