Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
49ers got an injury prone RB for an injury prone team. Last night I was excited about the trade. Today, I have a few reservations.
You can argue that there are other more pressing areas that need an upgrade. But, are there deals available for those position groups?

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The team has 6 3rd round comp picks coming up for losing 3 coaches. Giving up these picks isn’t a big deal considering they have more behind them.

When a guy like CMC becomes available and you have the assets/need, you do it.

• Wow

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I can see Jim Jarbaugh being the type to butt heads with mgmt

Too bad, I really miss the post game antics

Jim wanted to challenge a call in the 2nd quarter and Schwartz was caught on camera saying “learn the f***ing rules” towards Harbaugh. That’s why he was a jackass postgame lol.

• Wow

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
You can argue that there are other more pressing areas that need an upgrade. But, are there deals available for those position groups?

Isn't that what the Draft is for? I don't know what the 49ers can do in terms of free agency and trade, but it does feel like they gave up too much for a RB. I hope it works out though.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Isn't that what the Draft is for? I don't know what the 49ers can do in terms of free agency and trade, but it does feel like they gave up too much for a RB. I hope it works out though.
Was referring to this trade deadline. Could they use an upgrade on an OL? Probably. But is a solid starter available via trade from one of the sellers?

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
The last time the 49ers had a dynamic RB they made the Super Bowl. Mostert was elite in the ‘19 playoff run. Since then they’ve used a bunch of different guys who are more products of the system than anything. The run game wasn’t scary before, with CMC it is. It should open up the passing game for Garappolo and eventually Lance. This was a smart move.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
What a friggin gamen! McCaffrey is OP.
As I said earlier on in this thread, the Niners needed another playmaker. When he and Deebo are both available it should open everything up in the offense. Kittle and Aiyuk will benefit and blossom. Even Garappolol is going to be so much better now.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
As I said earlier on in this thread, the Niners needed another playmaker. When he and Deebo are both available it should open everything up in the offense. Kittle and Aiyuk will benefit and blossom. Even Garappolol is going to be so much better now.
With Mitchell, Deebo, and Juice back, can you imagine those run plays...you can even afford to waste Kittle on blocking (Juice too obviously) with Mitchell, Deebo, and CMC all out there lol

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
With Mitchell, Deebo, and Juice back, can you imagine those run plays...you can even afford to waste Kittle on blocking (Juice too obviously) with Mitchell, Deebo, and CMC all out there lol
If SF can bear AZ in Mexico they would technically be in first place in the west.

It will ultimately come down to that road game on a TNF in Seattle for the division.

Seattle has games vs LV, Jets, Car, KC, SF, Rams twice to close out the season. If Seattle splits SF and they can bear the teams that they should in LV, Car, Rams split at least. They need to beat the Jets to get to 11-6.

SF drops that Seattle game they would have 5 losses. Their final 8 are 2 times vs AZ, Mia, Sea, TB, NO, LV, Wash.

Right now they also lead the common games tie breaker.
Division 3-0 Sea at 2-1
Nfc south 1-1 Sea at 0-3
Afc west 1-2 Sea at 2-0

Total SF at 5-3 and Sea at 4-4. But if Seattle wins that home game vs SF it’s all tied at 5-4.

Game to drop for SF to go deeper into tie breakers with Seattle at a 11-6 record would be to Miami or Wash who are not common opponents.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad