Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
Yep. Fisher wants to get even richer off of his purchase of the A’s and get that Jack London square deal done. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors because if they really wanted to leave for Vegas, they would have filed the paperwork. Everything from the A’s and mlb is just a ploy to put pressure on the local government to get the deal done as quickly as possible. The research they’ve done in Vegas will most likely serve the mlb for either the Rays or an expansion team

As for the Earthquakes, it’s hardly ever talked about around these parts, but Fisher got that brand new stadium in San Jose and has since had one of the lowest payrolls year in and year out in the sport. Wasted the career of the best goal scorer in league history because he was too cheap to spend. What makes anyone think things will be any different when the A’s get their funded stadium and neighborhood.

Fisher is your classic silver spoon piece of shit who was born on third and thinks he hit a triple. If mommy and daddy didn’t found Gap he would be nowhere in life. He is objectively terrible at business, and seems to weirdly get off his reputation as the “cheap invisible owner”. All available data points to him being a miserable human being. It absolutely kills me to think of what could have been had Lacob been allowed to buy the team in 2005. 100000% would have been an A’s championship between then and now.

Completely agreed on the quakes. Bought season tickets for the inaugural Avaya season thinking maybe things would be different this time. The complete lack of spending and direction since then has been brutal. Beautiful stadium, awful product. Why would the A’s be any different?

Fool me twice…you don’t fool me twice…

Reactions: Quid Pro Clowe

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Whew! What an absolute STINKER, 9ers!
Yep, they already were coming into the season with a high risk/high reward shaky rookie QB. Then they put a garbage OL in front of him (even Trent didn't have a great day) and the defense makes 5 huge mistakes to put the Bears back in the game. Kyle's playcalling was off today too. Mitchell and Kittle missing the game + the monsoon in the 4th quarter didn't help either. All of that summed up to Trey not looking very good, and there will be a lot of annoying noise all week about him. Gotta hope next Sunday goes way better...

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
career ender for Trey Lance there.
Honestly, looking back on it from both a Lance POV and SF POV, it was probably the wrong decision for Lance to turn pro. 17 games he started in college with 318 pass attempts. That is 19 pass attempts a game in college. He needed more reps. Guy just turned 22 this year. This should be his rookie season in the NFL. Everyone wants to get to the NFL asap, which I get, but for a QB, you can have a longer career than other position players, but you need to have success on your rookie contract. Better to be over seasoned in the NCAA than rush into the NFL. Especially with NIL deals allowing you to make some money in college and help your family.

SF, if they were not prepared to spend the time and games to develop Lance, they should not have drafted him.

Hindsight being what it is, at #12 they could have had Jones or taken an OT like Slater. This past draft, best position to use their pick was at CB as not OL went from their pick until almost the end of round 2. Lance was simply a bad fit for what SF was looking to accomplish these couple of years.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
I was against the trade from the beginning, but wanted to see what Lance could do this year as a development year. Next season he will be a year older and still not nearly enough seasoning to see what he can become. What the Heck was Shanny doing using him as a rusher so often, the risk of using him to try to open up passing, if that's what Shanny was doing, backfired. I just wasn't seeing read and react and finding 2nd and 3rd options but realistically how many reps in practice and games has he had even including his college career. How can a guy learn how to be a QB with so little experience. I think it was a wasted pick, not that it is impossible to turn around but I would be looking into a QB of the future again if I were the GM of the Niners.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
I was against the trade from the beginning, but wanted to see what Lance could do this year as a development year. Next season he will be a year older and still not nearly enough seasoning to see what he can become. What the Heck was Shanny doing using him as a rusher so often, the risk of using him to try to open up passing, if that's what Shanny was doing, backfired. I just wasn't seeing read and react and finding 2nd and 3rd options but realistically how many reps in practice and games has he had even including his college career. How can a guy learn how to be a QB with so little experience. I think it was a wasted pick, not that it is impossible to turn around but I would be looking into a QB of the future again if I were the GM of the Niners.
I didn’t get the running between the tackles for Lance. He’s not built like Newton who basically has a TE body playing QB. Figure he’s run outside or between the guard and tackle to get outside on a designed run.

Lance was simply too raw for a good roster like SF. I mean an OT and CB would have been much better use of their draft picks than Lance.

Lance should have stayed in school to get another year of game experience. He needed it. Big year for him next season. After next season is when SF has to decide to pick up the 5th year option at like $20 mill fully guaranteed for him like Car with Darnold and Cle with Mayfield. Who both regretted doing it. Giants passed on Jones option. SF can’t afford to be wrong.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I feel like they made that trade thinking they could get Zach Wilson. When it turned out he wasn't going to be available I think they pivoted to what they thought was the next best thing, but it probably would've been smarter to take Ja'Marr Chase or another playmaker. The offense is sorely lacking for playmakers beyond Deebo. Lance is now going to have basically gone 3 years without regularly playing football games. That's not great for his development.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
This was what I was worried about with Lance while having Shanahan as the coach. It may have been just a bad timing sort of thing but when you call this sort of offense, it’s inevitable for him to get injured. They did a terrible job at protecting Lance.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad