Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

PacificOceanPotion

Jun 19, 2009
I grew up in San Jose, born and raised. I support all of the Bay Area teams outside of GSW. I don’t hate the Warriors but I didn’t jump on the bandwagon before the first Ship so I decided to go with the Kings instead. Guess we’ll see what the Kings do tonight at #4. I’m hearing Keegan Murray if not Jaden Ivey. I personally hope the Kings trade back from 4 but stay in the top 10.

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
Even if the A's were 36-9 I wouldn't want to travel to that grimy, crime-infested, oversized slum of a city that reeks like meth and it's literal dump stadium.

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Watching the Giants has been incredibly depressing. There really needs to be a status quo change because that team seems lost and deflated.
Yep, either Zaidi needs to make some big moves at the deadline to shore up the defense and bullpen (+ hopefully add some pop) or just sell and continue the rebuild. If they don't make some big moves at the deadline, I'm going to be pretty unhappy lol

Bizz

Slacked for Mack
Oct 17, 2007
San Jose
of course the A's are gonna sell, that's all they do when they're nothing more than a farm team for the rest of the MLB.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Wedontneedroads

Jul 14, 2008
San Jose
f*** Bud Selig, Lew Wolff, and especially John Fisher.

Lacob literally had a deal in place with Schott to buy the team in 05 and Selig pulled the rug because he knew/liked Lew. Lacob STILL has a standing offer to buy the team from Fisher, but all Fisher cares about is leveraging his ownership of the team into a multi billion dollar real estate project.

John Fisher has single handedly made it impossible to enjoy two of my favorite local teams from childhood.

The man is a plague on Bay Area sports and should be cast out into the pacific on an ice float.

Nothing will improve until he no longer had a hand in the A’s or Quakes.

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California

Lacob literally had a deal in place with Schott to buy the team in 05 and Selig pulled the rug because he knew/liked Lew. Lacob STILL has a standing offer to buy the team from Fisher, but all Fisher cares about is leveraging his ownership of the team into a multi billion dollar real estate project.

John Fisher has single handedly made it impossible to enjoy two of my favorite local teams from childhood.

The man is a plague on Bay Area sports and should be cast out into the pacific on an ice float.

It really is a travesty. Well said.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008

Yep. Fisher wants to get even richer off of his purchase of the A’s and get that Jack London square deal done. Everything else is just smoke and mirrors because if they really wanted to leave for Vegas, they would have filed the paperwork. Everything from the A’s and mlb is just a ploy to put pressure on the local government to get the deal done as quickly as possible. The research they’ve done in Vegas will most likely serve the mlb for either the Rays or an expansion team

As for the Earthquakes, it’s hardly ever talked about around these parts, but Fisher got that brand new stadium in San Jose and has since had one of the lowest payrolls year in and year out in the sport. Wasted the career of the best goal scorer in league history because he was too cheap to spend. What makes anyone think things will be any different when the A’s get their funded stadium and neighborhood.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad