Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
Think the Niners need to consider moving on from Shanahan and Jimmy G.
Shanahan has the very odd habit of shitting the bed at the end of big games... he's like a pitcher whose control and fastball velocity nosedives to like 80 mph after 90 pitches

but i think it's clear the team has committed to the Shanahan+Trey Lance era... Lance has had a year to mostly watch from the sidelines so the expectation from everyone is that he hits the ground running next year and rightfully so... if he does not look like a bona fide franchise qb, then heads may roll if there are no injury excuses

Reactions: Sandisfan

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Shanahan has the very odd habit of shitting the bed at the end of big games... he's like a pitcher whose control and fastball velocity nosedives to like 80 mph after 90 pitches

but i think it's clear the team has committed to the Shanahan+Trey Lance era... Lance has had a year to mostly watch from the sidelines so the expectation from everyone is that he hits the ground running next year and rightfully so... if he does not look like a bona fide franchise qb, then heads may roll if there are no injury excuses

Going to Lance is exactly why you let Shanahan go. His play calling with Lance is abysmal. He doesn’t know how to coach the kind of talent Lance is.

Reactions: Bizz and Sandisfan

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Going to Lance is exactly why you let Shanahan go. His play calling with Lance is abysmal. He doesn’t know how to coach the kind of talent Lance is.

I know that Shanahan deserves his share of the blame for the play-calling late in games, but Jimmy just crumbles under pressure.

Reactions: DG93

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom

I know that Shanahan deserves his share of the blame for the play-calling late in games, but Jimmy just crumbles under pressure.

You’re right that Jimmy cracks under pressure but I just don’t think they’ll get better results with Lance under Shanahan. The times they’ve had to have been very ugly.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
You’re right that Jimmy cracks under pressure but I just don’t think they’ll get better results with Lance under Shanahan. The times they’ve had to have been very ugly.
I'll at least give Lance a few more games as a starter before I lump him in with what Jimmy has done over the course of his career in SF. Lance at least has potential to be more, Jimmy is what he is, and it's not very good.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Lance is only 21 and was the 3rd or 4th youngest to ever start a game at qb this season ffs. To act like you have a read on him so far is simply ignorant at best. Literally no one knows what his future will bring until he gets the chance.

That said, Rodgers or Brady plz.

Reactions: Sandisfan and DG93

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
Lance is only 21 and was the 3rd or 4th youngest to ever start a game at qb this season ffs. To act like you have a read on him so far is simply ignorant at best. Literally no one knows what his future will bring until he gets the chance.

That said, Rodgers or Brady plz.
Could see that one a 1 or 2 year deal, but it might be hard for them to meet his salary demands.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
Lance was Shanahan's QB pick and this roster is tailor made to Shanahan's system. I think if they're going to a new coach, they'll be shooting themselves in the foot. With that said, a year of Brady would be pretty awesome with this team.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
I'll at least give Lance a few more games as a starter before I lump him in with what Jimmy has done over the course of his career in SF. Lance at least has potential to be more, Jimmy is what he is, and it's not very good.

Yes of course. I just don’t think Shanahan is the right coach to get that potential given what they’ve called for him thus far.

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
I'd 100% take Tommy Seven Rings if he was willing to sign with SF... he clearly has at least 1 more year left, and this 49ers team with him at QB would be nuts... even has the whole homecoming angle for the media to shove down our throats

it'd probably derail Trey Lance's career, but maybe that will just make him the next gen steve young who is hyper prepared and plays lights out the moment he does get his time to shine

hard pass on ARodge

DG93

Jun 29, 2010
San Jose
Yes of course. I just don’t think Shanahan is the right coach to get that potential given what they’ve called for him thus far.

I think with a full offseason of work, Kyle will stop the conservative playcalling with Trey Lance under center. We already saw that in the second half of the Texans game...very different from the Arizona game (and the first half of the Houston game).

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I'd 100% take Tommy Seven Rings if he was willing to sign with SF... he clearly has at least 1 more year left, and this 49ers team with him at QB would be nuts... even has the whole homecoming angle for the media to shove down our throats

it'd probably derail Trey Lance's career, but maybe that will just make him the next gen steve young who is hyper prepared and plays lights out the moment he does get his time to shine

hard pass on ARodge

It wouldn't derail Trey's career. ARod sat 3 seasons behind Favre and it didn't derail his. I say this as a Trey Lance superfan too.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
It's an adjustment for him going from Garappolo to Lance, and trying to plan around two guys with drastically different strengths. I think with a full offseason of prep, preseason etc. he'll get a much better feel for how to unlock Lance and the offense's potential. I mean, Jimmy never threw the ball down the field this year. It was weird.

drunksage

Sphere = underrated?
Jan 13, 2007
30-ish min from Sphere
Sad ending for San Jose's Chidobe Awuzie, Oak Grove High School alum (same school district in which I attended high school).

At least hopefully the 49ers don't have to face Aaron Donald moving forward if he indeed retires as hinted?

sjsharks92

Shark Tank Commander
Jun 9, 2014
Bay Area, California
Sad ending for San Jose's Chidobe Awuzie, Oak Grove High School alum (same school district in which I attended high school).

At least hopefully the 49ers don't have to face Aaron Donald moving forward if he indeed retires as hinted?
3 Bay Area kids on the Bengals, all 3 of which were significant contributors for them all year. Awuzie, Jonah Williams (left tackle) and Joe Mixon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad