Non-Sharks Bay Area Sports Thread XXVIII

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
Just a bunch of hypocritical crybabies. People that vote covered that shit up then and now have the nerve to gatekeep over it just because Bonds didn't take their shit.
The BBWAA and Baseball Hall of Fame are dumb.

As usual, the media shows itself to be entitled and self righteous.
A post I wrote from a baseball Forum;

When you pile on top of it all, according to most Bonds didn't start looking into and doing anything forbidden until Sosa and McGwire were being met on the field by the commissioner for their exploits. The MLB players union and MLB itself weren't concerned at all about any misdoings. Two much lesser players were getting all the Love because they were likeable. Bonds almost certainly did something although there is no actual certainty, his change of physique is very telling. We can't know that if after that abomination, for clinic reasons, of McGwire and the celebration of Sosa and Mac, had the players Union and MLB came down hard on those two during the off-season, Bonds may well have delayed any misuse of substances. We can be pretty sure that Bonds would only have sought out banned (actually not specifically banned) substances because these lesser players got the Love and Praise for all to see.

Except for the early user, a high profile player Canseco, almost all early users were trying to hang on or trying to get a better contract and as they were getting results and as they were displacing players above them the next level were pushed to keep their livelihoods. It was for the most part a bottom up revolution and MLB and the Union could have chopped this off at the knees but the players(union) and MLB were enjoying increasing revenues and neither couldn't have cared less. Only when the secret testing that was supposed to be secret and confidential was illegally leaked(actually in this case I support the leak WITHOUT specific names attached). The baseball writers were getting more exposure from the increased interest in baseball and they weren't really interested until the story got a life of it's own and they could choose an unpopular individual to focus their displeasure on, in this case Bonds. Bonds own behavior helped push it forward but the penalty compared to the non-penalty for some players (who may be under the radar and unpunished and still celebrated as though they weren't involved) and those who had a say in starting test earlier, MLB and players union, the league and union bear much more responsibility for the problem and now stand in judgement which is ridiculous! :madfire:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Saw this in a tweet, Giants should sign Barry Bonds since he’s eligible to be signed ,so his hall of fame eligibility starts over again.

If these jackasses want to play games, let’s play.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
The media and everyone else jumping on Jeff Garcia for daring to have a different opinion than the ESPN writer on Jimmy G is pathetic. First they tried to lie and call him sexist, now it’s his logic is bad and that he sucks.

The same idiots who laughed and perpetuated the false rumors that he’s gay despite being married to a playboy model.

So sick of these clowns and their gang mentality.

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
The media and everyone else jumping on Jeff Garcia for daring to have a different opinion than the ESPN writer on Jimmy G is pathetic. First they tried to lie and call him sexist, now it’s his logic is bad and that he sucks.

The same idiots who laughed and perpetuated the false rumors that he’s gay despite being married to a playboy model.

So sick of these clowns and their gang mentality.

Her analogy is way overused, but let's not pretend his take was good either. It's your classic HF comeback of "you don't play so you don't know what you're talking about". He went off on a weird rant that had no valid counter arguments.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Her analogy is way overused, but let's not pretend his take was good either. It's your classic HF comeback of "you don't play so you don't know what you're talking about". He went off on a weird rant that had no valid counter arguments.
It wasn’t, but it wasn’t sexist or demeaning in any way. The logic is flawed, but Jimmy has intangibles that he never gets credit for. Example, on their last possessions, Throw went 3 and out while Jimmy hit big passes and helped lead them to the game winning field goal.

Reactions: Sandisfan

WTFetus

Marlov
Mar 12, 2009
San Francisco
It wasn’t, but it wasn’t sexist or demeaning in any way. The logic is flawed, but Jimmy has intangibles that he never gets credit for. Example, on their last possessions, Throw went 3 and out while Jimmy hit big passes and helped lead them to the game winning field goal.

Eh, I'd say the "Who the hell are you", "she's a joke", and "let's just laugh at her" are all definitely demeaning. Again, he had no valid points and just attacked her character on top of an appeal to authority. It was just extremely dumb on his part.

And whether you agree with it or not, in today's society, calling out a female reporter using the words he did can definitely be viewed as sexist as well. He very well might've had the same rant verbatim if a male reporter used that analogy, but he has to watch his tongue more carefully.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Eh, I'd say the "Who the hell are you", "she's a joke", and "let's just laugh at her" are all definitely demeaning. Again, he had no valid points and just attacked her character on top of an appeal to authority. It was just extremely dumb on his part.

And whether you agree with it or not, in today's society, calling out a female reporter using the words he did can definitely be viewed as sexist as well. He very well might've had the same rant verbatim if a male reporter used that analogy, but he has to watch his tongue more carefully.
A good portion of his rant comes from a defensive part of his dealings with the media. The innuendos and tropes they used on him were so much worse than what he said here, but his approach definitely is a turn off for some.

Jeff is a 49ers fan and 49ers fans are sick and tired of people taking shots at Jimmy every single day. Jeff should have edited a few more sentences before pressing submit, but he’s not wrong in the sense that the guys who sweat and bleed with him everyday know what he’s all about more than any writer.

Reactions: DG93 and Sandisfan

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
A good portion of his rant comes from a defensive part of his dealings with the media. The innuendos and tropes they used on him were so much worse than what he said here, but his approach definitely is a turn off for some.

Jeff is a 49ers fan and 49ers fans are sick and tired of people taking shots at Jimmy every single day. Jeff should have edited a few more sentences before pressing submit, but he’s not wrong in the sense that the guys who sweat and bleed with him everyday know what he’s all about more than any writer.
Which is fine. But he went after an easy target and not other really high profile media people like a SAS, Mike Greenberg, Cowherd or whomever at that level that have said similar comments as Mina with his you never played the game take. Just happened that it was Mina, but wonder if he would have posted the exact same message if it was SAS. Cause SAS would fire back.

Richard Sherman the other day mentioned that SF fans aren’t appreciating the winning from Jimmy and that the pressure on Lance will be immense because if they don’t appreciate winning with Jimmy now what’s the standard they expect out of Lance?

Last edited:

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
Which is fine. But he went after an easy target and not other really high profile media people like a SAS, Mike Greenberg, Cowherd or whomever at that level that have said similar comments as Mina with his you never played the game take. Just happened that it was Mina, but wonder if he would have posted the exact same message if it was SAS. Cause SAS would fire back.

Richard Sherman the other day mentioned that SF fans aren’t appreciating the winning from Jimmy and that the pressure on Lance will be immense because if they don’t appreciate winning with Jimmy now what’s the standard they expect out of Lance?
Jeff Garcia not sorry for 'not sexist' Mina Kimes bashing

It popped up on his Instagram feed and he replied to it. He’s not going around looking for people to fight with, but decided to comment on that one. The whole “why doesn’t he go after another writer” is about as logically sound as “you didn’t play the game”.

I think in the previous SB season Sherm is correct, but a majority have rallied around him and have came around to enjoying winner. Not sure why they wanted a sexy one, but whatever.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jeff Garcia not sorry for 'not sexist' Mina Kimes bashing

It popped up on his Instagram feed and he replied to it. He’s not going around looking for people to fight with, but decided to comment on that one. The whole “why doesn’t he go after another writer” is about as logically sound as “you didn’t play the game”.

I think in the previous SB season Sherm is correct, but a majority have rallied around him and have came around to enjoying winner. Not sure why they wanted a sexy one, but whatever.
I don't question that Garcia was just replying to a thread. I just wonder if he really would have written it word for word the same if it was some other more high profile sports media person that would fire back.

I don't think his comments were sexist, but he's also a 10 year plus pro who knows this is what the media is. Non athletes are in these roles and they talk about topics.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
I don't question that Garcia was just replying to a thread. I just wonder if he really would have written it word for word the same if it was some other more high profile sports media person that would fire back.

I don't think his comments were sexist, but he's also a 10 year plus pro who knows this is what the media is. Non athletes are in these roles and they talk about topics.
And I wonder if what he said would even be a big deal if it was towards any other member of the media.

These same sports media members sure laughed when TO was provoked by them to say “If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat…” a with regards to his sexuality. They can handle a bit of tone.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
And I wonder if what he said would even be a big deal if it was towards any other member of the media.

These same sports media members sure laughed when TO was provoked by them to say “If it looks like a rat and smells like a rat…” a with regards to his sexuality. They can handle a bit of tone.
It would have depended on who that media person was. If it’s like a Field Yates I doubt it would have become anything.

Rome, SAS, Bayless would fire back at him.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
It would have depended on who that media person was. If it’s like a Field Yates I doubt it would have become anything.

Rome, SAS, Bayless would fire back at him.
In the end, I believe Kines and Garcia are partially right about their points, but they could have worded them differently. It just bothers me how quickly people started saying things about Garcia and lying about what he said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad