Nokelainen and Sauer ejected for fighting during another fight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
It's not a clean hit if there are already five guys on the ice. He deserved a penalty.

Dubinsky knew there were five guys. He wasn't expecting a sixth to just hop out in front of him.

Absolutely. 6 players = too many men.

2 minutes.

Interference + a too many men you cannot justify that. Blunden hit the puck carry, it's impossible to have a proper interference call

Pandemic

Apr 9, 2009
Vancouver. BC
Somehow I'm not surprised this thread exists. 6th man on the ice throws a hit right off the bench, yeah, that's a terrible call.

The Habs should stop playing undisciplined hockey.

The too many men call everyone understands. How about the interference once? Also, how do the Rangers not get any instigating penalties? Take off your homer glasses <3

Puckface NYR*

No, you can put as many people on the ice as you want your just going to get a penalty for it, that's the two many men. I'm not sure who the random guy is but a player for Montreal made a clean hit. Why don't we say that the guy who didn't get off in time was the extra man and Blunden should have been on the ice.

He got on the ice as the extra man and just leveled someone. If that's legal there's a huge problem with this league.

HTTP 400

Sep 1, 2007
there were 6 people on the ice. blunden was the 6th man and one who hit dubinsky. i don't know what the rule is if the extra man hits somebody but it definitely should have been a PP for the rangers for too many men.

You got it right. And I'm a Habs fan.

Close this thread.

shao01

Aug 25, 2008
Montreal
Maybe you get the players right (Blunden hit Dubinsky), check the other thread that was already made about it, and THEN post it. Seriously there is a Habs GDT where you can do all the refs *****ing and whining, no need to make it redundant here.

Last I checked there was no rules against starting a topic on complaining about referees. Nor is this thread the same as the other one, which was more about the ejection of two certain players rather than the referees.

You complaining about another poster complaining is sure ironic.

Quid Pro Clowe

Dec 28, 2008
He got on the ice as the extra man and just leveled someone. If that's legal there's a huge problem with this league.
If it's on the guy with the puck (which it was) and is a clean hit (which it was) then it is only 1 penalty: Too many men on the ice.

Puckface NYR*

Absolutely. 6 players = too many men.

2 minutes.

Interference + a too many men you cannot justify that. Blunden hit the puck carry, it's impossible to have a proper interference call

Honestly if this was the other way around you'd be singing a different tune.

You can't just hop on the ice as an extra man and level someone. It's dangerous to say the least.

There was one bad call against the habs so far, other than that, the game has been called correctly.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008

Youre making it sound like Blunden jumped on the ice for no other reason than to throw a malicious hit. It was a normal line change Cole just stopped skating and ended up a bit too far from the bench.

Puckface NYR*

Youre making it sound like Blunden jumped on the ice for no other reason than to throw a malicious hit. It was a normal line change Cole just stopped skating and ended up a bit too far from the bench.

It was a dangerous play. If you condone that then fine, I'm not for a league that allows that kind of play though.

Carry on, I've added my two cents.

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa

You can't just hop on the ice as an extra man and level someone. It's dangerous to say the least.

There was one bad call against the habs so far, other than that, the game has been called correctly.

Imagine the team playing with 4 players on the ice (while on even strength)… the 5th can step in whatever moment he wants, even if that means hitting a player while doing so… That IS NOT interference.

The only difference here is that Blunden is the 6th player on the ice = TMM call. Still no interference.

WorkingOvertime

Apr 30, 2011
For the record, I think it's a dumb rule but apparently it does exist:

46.7 Fighting After the Original Altercation - A game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who is assessed a major penalty for fighting after the original altercation has started.

Notwithstanding this rule, at the discretion of the Referee, the automatic game misconduct penalty may be waived for a player or goalkeeper in the altercation if the opposing player was clearly the instigator of the altercation.
I don't like the rule either, especially if the fights are simultaneous. If players wait until another fight is done, I see the application. However, in the heat of the moment players may not know/care if another fight is ongoing.

Corncob

Feb 10, 2011

Why would it have been less 'dangerous' if Cole had got off in time?

vHAB

Apr 21, 2007
Montreal
He was the 6th man on the ice and interfered with the play. He had no right to join the play, let alone level someone who wasn't expecting it. Pretty sure that's going to be the rational that you hear from the league, too. I don't see how you think someone should just be allowed to jump onto the ice and clock someone and only have a too many men call be the end result.

Are you really gonna quote every single person who doesn't like the call and argue the exact same point every time? :laugh:

I was fine with all the calls but the interference... I don't get it. And yes Jonathan, I understand your point of view.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
It was a dangerous play. If you condone that then fine, I'm not for a league that allows that kind of play though.

2 minutes for a dangerous play?

Did he have the puck? Yes
Was it with his shoulder? Yes
Was the hit to the head? No
Was it charging? No

Besides the too many men, please find a rule that says it should have been a penalty.

Davebo*

"No Hitting League is my kind of league" :rolleyes:

The only good thing about this game is that the rangers are the worst team in the league at holding onto a lead....

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad