Nokelainen and Sauer ejected for fighting during another fight

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kalessin

Jun 11, 2007
Dude. The guy he was coming onto the ice for was nowhere near the bench. Blunden just jumped off in front of Dubinsky way, way, way before the player replacing him was even close. He did it to get the big hit. That was a punk play.

2 minutes was the right call, for sure.

You guys got 2 minutes for too many men and 2 minutes for that punk hit.

The hit wasn't interference.

Should have been 2 minutes for TMM, 2 for instigating on Dubinsky, 5 for fighting for everyone who dropped them. Probably a misconduct for Dubinsky too.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That perfectly clean hit you mean? Maybe if Dubinsky got hit in the face, you'd have a case (although Dubinsky's face getting re-arranged would only be beneficial to him).

Again. You can't just jump onto the ice and blast someone when you aren't replacing another player. I don't get what is so hard to understand there. Dubinsky had no way of knowing someone is just going to jump onto the ice when there are already 5 guys on the ice. I mean, what the hell? How do you think that should be allowed?

yoteshot

Lazy Habs fan
Aug 6, 2005
Gatineau / Ottawa
you can't just jump onto the ice and drill someone when the player you're jumping on for is still on the other side of the center line. It would have been a clean hit though otherwise.

That's the too many men penalty… stil doesn't explain the interference call on a guy who had the puck.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
2 minutes for the hit was ridiculous. It should have been a too many men call and then maybe an instigator

LeMAD

Mar 1, 2006
Montreal
lemad.freehostia.com
That penalty was warranted. Maybe not interference, but something. You can't just jump onto the ice and level someone way before the guy you are replacing gets anywhere near the bench, man.

That's why we got a too many men penalty.

They could have given a 10 minutes miscunduct to Blunden if they wanted, but not an interference call created out of nowhere...

MaKi

Marschak's #1 Fan
Apr 13, 2007
Marschak's Bandwagon
there were 6 people on the ice. blunden was the 6th man and one who hit dubinsky. i don't know what the rule is if the extra man hits somebody but it definitely should have been a PP for the rangers for too many men.

I agree, and I'm a habs fan. The only thing I'm confused on is the interference penalty. I figured the hit was one penalty, either clean but too many men, or ruled interference. I don't see how it's both.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Being the 6th man on the ice he interfered with the play......

That's probably the correct rational behind the play. You can't just jump onto the ice not replacing someone and level a guy. I don't know how anyone could even argue that. :laugh:

The was one bad penalty called against the Habs so far this game. That would be the boarding call when MaxPac hit Richards. Richards was turning and that should not have been a penalty.

Davebo*

Are we getting a penalty for hitting their poor little post now?

shao01

Aug 25, 2008
Montreal
Let's see.

The hit was clean, there is absolutely no doubt about that. Dubinsky came down the ice and got hit as soon as he had the puck.

So the too many men penalty cancels out the instigating penalty.

Everything else are equal. Should be 5 on 5. It is pathetic reffing and nothing else.

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Again. You can't just jump onto the ice and blast someone when you aren't replacing another player. I don't get what is so hard to understand there. Dubinsky had no way of knowing someone is just going to jump onto the ice when there are already 5 guys on the ice. I mean, what the hell? How do you think that should be allowed?

That's what the TMM penalty was for. Getting an extra 2 for interference is ridiculous. Dubinsky wasn't interfered with in the slightest.

Novak Djokovic

#24 and counting... #GOAT
Dec 10, 2006
If that wasn't "instigating", then I don't know what you need to do in order to get instigating penalty.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That's why we got a too many men penalty.

They could have given a 10 minutes miscunduct to Blunden if they wanted, but not an interference call created out of nowhere...

He was the 6th man on the ice and interfered with the play. He had no right to join the play, let alone level someone who wasn't expecting it. Pretty sure that's going to be the rational that you hear from the league, too. I don't see how you think someone should just be allowed to jump onto the ice and clock someone and only have a too many men call be the end result.

LPHabsFan

Jul 14, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
That's probably the correct rational behind the play. You can't just jump onto the ice not replacing someone and level a guy. I don't know how anyone could even argue that. :laugh:

The was one bad penalty called against the Habs so far this game. That would be the boarding call when MaxPac hit Richards. Richards was turning and that should not have been a penalty.

I agree but like I've already mentioned, I don't understand how there was no penalty for instigating or 3rd man in when Dubinsky just jumped at Blunden after Calahan was already in there.

Weber's Better
Jul 7, 2008
He was the 6th man on the ice and interfered with the play. He had no right to join the play, let alone level someone who wasn't expecting it. Pretty sure that's going to be the rational that you hear from the league, too. I don't see how you think someone should just be allowed to jump onto the ice and clock someone and only have a too many men call be the end result.

Youre just making **** up.

This game is ridiculous

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
That's what the TMM penalty was for. Getting an extra 2 for interference is ridiculous. Dubinsky wasn't interfered with in the slightest.

He wasn't? Some random idiot just jumped onto the ice and clocked him. Dubinsky saw 5 guys out on the ice. All of a sudden, there is a 6th who levels him.

Again, I don't see why anyone would think you should be allowed to just jump onto the ice and level someone and not get called for anything more than too many men. There was both a too many men infraction along with that hit. There are two penalties there. He interfered with the play when he had no right to join it.

Evil Ted

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
A punk play? Wtf is that?

Should have been 2 min for too many men at most because the rangers instigated a fight instanly what a joke.

These points are important and the refs made a joke of this one almost before it started.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad