Nokelainen and Sauer ejected for fighting during another fight

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
At most that should be TMM against Montreal. Rangers somehow got a 2 min 5 on 3 and now a goal. ********.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
Blindsiding someone by cutting in front of them while they have the puck? That's just Dubinsky not keeping his head up. It wasn't even a headshot.

Dude. The guy he was coming onto the ice for was nowhere near the bench. Blunden just jumped off in front of Dubinsky way, way, way before the player replacing him was even close. He did it to get the big hit. That was a punk play.

2 minutes was the right call, for sure.

You guys got 2 minutes for too many men and 2 minutes for that punk hit.

Theosis

What do I put here?
Sponsor
Mar 11, 2009
Pointe-Claire, QC
I find it hilarious that Torterella is sitting there *****ing and moaning about the penalties being called when the Rangers got a 5 on 3 :laugh:

Evil Ted

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Refs just panic thinking that was a headshot or something?

Brutal officiating ruin this game less then 5 min in.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
I find it hilarious that Torterella is sitting there *****ing and moaning about the penalties being called when the Rangers got a 5 on 3 :laugh:

He's complaining because we lost one of our top d-men for the rest of the game for no real reason. Neither him or Nok should have been tossed.

shao01

Aug 25, 2008
Montreal
Reffing at MTL vs NYR game tonight....

is a disgrace... Nokelainen with a clean body check on Dubinsky, Rangers retaliate and somehow end up with a 5 on 3, on which they score a goal.

Should have been 5 on 5 (or 4 on 4)

Pathetic.

CanadaIsHockey

Apr 8, 2008
Laval, Qc. Canada
Habs fan here, I have no problem with any of the calls. The game misconducts were fine as the fight broke out while another was already going on,

Too many men is the right call as we had 6 men on when Blunden made the hit.

Interference call... clean bodycheck to the guy who is in full possession of the puck... I'm baffled.

No rangers get an extra penalty for instigation when the Habs players clearly got jumped.

Mind = Blown

Never

Can you hear me now?
Sep 16, 2009
Calgary
Dude. The guy he was coming onto the ice for was nowhere near the bench. Blunden just jumped off in front of Dubinsky way, way, way before the player replacing him was even close. He did it to get the big hit. That was a punk play.

2 minutes was the right call, for sure.

You guys got 2 minutes for too many men and 2 minutes for that punk hit.

That perfectly clean hit you mean? Maybe if Dubinsky got hit in the face, you'd have a case (although Dubinsky's face getting re-arranged would only be beneficial to him).

BlueBlooded

Aug 9, 2007
New York
For the record, I think it's a dumb rule but apparently it does exist:

46.7 Fighting After the Original Altercation - A game misconduct penalty shall be imposed on any player who is assessed a major penalty for fighting after the original altercation has started.

Notwithstanding this rule, at the discretion of the Referee, the automatic game misconduct penalty may be waived for a player or goalkeeper in the altercation if the opposing player was clearly the instigator of the altercation.

Anderson

Dec 27, 2007
New Jersey
you can't just jump onto the ice and drill someone when the player you're jumping on for is still on the other side of the center line. It would have been a clean hit though otherwise.

Jack Bourdain

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 25, 2008
Maybe you get the players right (Blunden hit Dubinsky), check the other thread that was already made about it, and THEN post it. Seriously there is a Habs GDT where you can do all the refs *****ing and whining, no need to make it redundant here.

TheLowKreider

Aug 4, 2009
there were 6 people on the ice. blunden was the 6th man and one who hit dubinsky. i don't know what the rule is if the extra man hits somebody but it definitely should have been a PP for the rangers for too many men.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad