Trade: [NO/LA] Anthony Davis for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three 1st round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Maestro84

May 3, 2018
Toronto
Wow this was quite the trade. LA gave up a lot but they kept Kuz and AD is one of the best players in the league. Also, LeBron’s 35 so he won’t be around forever hence the Lakers needed to go all in next year.

I feel like Kemba and Kyrie are gonna end up going elsewhere though. Kyrie doesn’t like playing with LeBron and I’ve heard reports saying that kemba will either stay with Charlotte or go to a NY based team

This was a good trade for New Orleans as well given that their hands were tied up (they certainly got a much better return for AD than San Antonio did for Kawhi). I know the latter two Lakers picks will probably be in the 20’s but look at how many great players were drafted around those spots over the years. Also their team is incredibly young as pretty much every core player (besides Jrue) is under 25 years old (with Zion leading the way). The only thing I’d critique about NOLA is they should’ve taken the deal in February which included Kuzma as well.

Reality Check

May 28, 2008
Lavar can go back to being himself. As in the mascot for the Pelicans as Drake is to the Raptors.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
The Lakers will sign that third guy. Not sure who, but it's hard to turn down that much money to be on a team and have a great chance at a ring.

Reactions: Voight

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
everything but his scoring is excellent. can't really say he made any strides last season because he missed so much time

Good to know. I remember in his rookie season he was really struggling to get points around the rim and was really bad at the line. He already has that goofy jumper so it probably made him look worse than he really is. Hopefully he tears it up in NO.

Il Mediano

Feb 24, 2018
love this for the Pelicans, tbh.

Not saying the Lakers' rationale was flawed (clearly when you sign Lebron this is what happens), but I love this for New Orleans.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
At least we can finish with the AD speculation now.

Its a good move by the Lakers. Steep price but AD is 26, so when Born retires or leaves he can take over the team the way Kobe did when Shaq left. Plus with KD & Klay out all of, or most of next season regardless of whether they stay or leave GS the West is pretty wide open.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
this is a great trade for the pels. although weren't they offered the same package at the deadline which also included kuzma and turned it down? lols

they get lonzo who is staying healthy and a scoring touch away from being a perennial AS and ingram who was really showing his true potential last season before the blood clots. not to mention #4 in this year's draft that can be turned into garland

if this doesn't help the lakers land a big name FA then nothing will

Griffin is a really smart guy who's also good at team building, unlike Demps. He realized its better to do this before the draft cause now they will have 2/4 top picks. or could even move up to 3 and grab Barrett, build around the Duke Duo.

Pels screwed up with Cp3 + AD but if the Bensons let Griffin do his thing I have some confidence that the team will finally be able to retain talent + compete.

Reactions: Harry Kakalovich

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Getting a strong gut feeling we are going to see a repeat of the Bryant, Howard,and Nash super tean lmao.

howard was coming off major back surgery and didn't want to be in LA. nash was 40 years old and injured

nothing even close to that

Last edited:
Reactions: Roman Fell

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
AD is young and in his prime. Now he is finally on a contender.

Very excited to see him in LA .

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
The Lakers will sign that third guy. Not sure who, but it's hard to turn down that much money to be on a team and have a great chance at a ring.

there's rumors people in the lakers FO are pushing for acquiring shooting/depth instead of going for a 3rd max guy

i completely disagree with that. they need a 3rd max guy to put them over the top in a stacked WC. not to mention LBJ has just a few years left and having a 2nd star to pair with AD once LBJ is gone will be huge

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
New Orleans is in an interesting spot right now with their mix of win-now veterans, young developing players, and high picks

I'm curious which direction they'll go

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Any team with 2 of the best players in the NBA is a contender

People should have learned that from Miami. You need a duo and a guy who can fill that third role, or a lot of depth that will fill multiple roles like the Raptors.

The Lakers aren't starting the season with this roster.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lol at the people who keep pointing out our roster looking thin right now. It’s ****ing June 15th

Nah man. They are going to be forced to sign DeAndre Jordan and Danny Green because they won't be able to find anyone to play with LeBron and Anthony Davis. Just think about how foolish that sounds.

Means $32 million in cap space.

Reactions: mymerlincat

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad