Trade: [NO/LA] Anthony Davis for Lonzo Ball, Brandon Ingram, Josh Hart, and three 1st round picks

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
Trade Holiday while they're at it. No point in keeping him. They're in tank mode. Another high lottery pick next season to go along with Zion/Ingram/Garland could form a potentially great nucleus.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Trade Holiday while they're at it. No point in keeping him. They're in tank mode. Another high lottery pick next season to go along with Zion/Ingram/Garland could form a potentially great nucleus.

I think they might trade some of those pieces for vets, maybe even go after a guy like Butler.

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
Did Lonzo improve any over his rookie season? I remember him being not that great, but I didn’t watch much this year.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
Did Lonzo improve any over his rookie season? I remember him being not that great, but I didn’t watch much this year.

everything but his scoring is excellent. can't really say he made any strides last season because he missed so much time

kanuck87

Oct 12, 2008
I think they might trade some of those pieces for vets, maybe even go after a guy like Butler.

Lol why would they? That team is going nowhere in the next couple of seasons, especially not in the West. Holiday is probably a top-10 PG and I bet they could get a top-10 pick for him. Phoenix at #6 would be the perfect trade partner.

The only path to being a contender for NO is to hoard as many young assets as they can and hope at least 2 or 3 turn into star players.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I want to believe the Warriors inadvertently imploding pushed the need to get this deal into overdrive.

They have money for a max which leaves them a core of AD/LeBron and either one of Kemba/Kyrie, which given the mountainous power vacuum in the West now could be plenty enough for #1 seed.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
D9I42dHUIAAuy-3.jpg

kings11

Sep 29, 2011
Las Vegas
Seeing how the deal went, so would have swapped Lonzo for Kuzma.. then signed Jimmy Butler to a max contract.. oh well, it’s down to either Jimmy or Kemba.... don’t really like the trade because I think Rob Pelinka is a moron but time will tell

AvsFanInMichigan

“Thank you, thank you, thank you!”
Apr 16, 2018
Michigan
I don’t see how this is a good trade for the Lakers. If they get someone else to come then sure we can talk about it being a good trade. But in my opinion Kuz , AD , Lebron are not going to win anything. They’re banking that in the next 3 years a core of Kuzma , AD, Lebron are going to win them a title. If they don’t they’re screwed. They just traded 3 young guys and 3 picks to NO. If you mess up and miss the playoffs and those picks hit big in the lottery Pelinka will look like a total idiot. Now if they can bring someone else in to play with Kuz , AD, Bron then maybe we can start having a conversation about them doing something. But traded 3 young guys and 3 picks just to bank on an aging Lebron and AD who has had own share of injuries just doesn’t seem like a smart idea to me. But I’m not a GM so what do I know.

BigZ65

Feb 2, 2010
Winnipeg
Lol why would they? That team is going nowhere in the next couple of seasons, especially not in the West. Holiday is probably a top-10 PG and I bet they could get a top-10 pick for him. Phoenix at #6 would be the perfect trade partner.

The only path to being a contender for NO is to hoard as many young assets as they can and hope at least 2 or 3 turn into star players.

I think everyone is assuming Zion is a top 10 player out of the box. I'm not so sure of that. I think he'll be tough as hell to fit into a NBA offence with less transition because he's not much of a passer, but sounds like Griffin believes Zion will be transformative.

They now have the young assets, and Holliday. They have a young player with star potential at every position but the 5, including Julius Randle. Grab Butler to play swingman with Ingram and they are probably top 4 in the West today. I think they could deal the 4th pick and/or Ball to grab a ton of assets moving forward. Ball doesn't really fit if they keep Holliday.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I don’t see how this is a good trade for the Lakers. If they get someone else to come then sure we can talk about it being a good trade. But in my opinion Kuz , AD , Lebron are not going to win anything. They’re banking that in the next 3 years a core of Kuzma , AD, Lebron are going to win them a title. If they don’t they’re screwed. They just traded 3 young guys and 3 picks to NO. If you mess up and miss the playoffs and those picks hit big in the lottery Pelinka will look like a total idiot. Now if they can bring someone else in to play with Kuz , AD, Bron then maybe we can start having a conversation about them doing something. But traded 3 young guys and 3 picks just to bank on an aging Lebron and AD who has had own share of injuries just doesn’t seem like a smart idea to me. But I’m not a GM so what do I know.

the whole point is to make the lakers attractive to big names

they NEED to go out and get another big name now

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
wait, i thought the lakers didn't have enough assets to make a deal for AD last week? now they overpaid? LOL

TheLeastOfTheBunch

Franchise Centre
Jun 28, 2007
Toronto
I think everyone is assuming Zion is a top 10 player out of the box. I'm not so sure of that. I think he'll be tough as hell to fit into a NBA offence with less transition because he's not much of a passer, but sounds like Griffin believes Zion will be transformative.

They now have the young assets, and Holliday. They have a young player with star potential at every position but the 5, including Julius Randle. Grab Butler to play swingman with Ingram and they are probably top 4 in the West today. I think they could deal the 4th pick and/or Ball to grab a ton of assets moving forward. Ball doesn't really fit if they keep Holliday.

Why not? Jrue plays more SG these days for the Pels, that’s his best position. Him and Ball would be a decent backcourt with top notch defense, they could end up surprising depending on how well Zion plays as a rookie. Sounds like they’ll flip the #4 pick and a few other assets and bring in some help

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad