Nikita Kucherov is the clear favorite for the Art Ross Trophy

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
McDavid with just 1 assist today just as he looks ready to make a run.

Kucherov can put some more space against a bad Montreal team tonight

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Guys, if McDavid hits 3 PPG stat over the next couple of games he will pick up a bunch of points in the next couple of games

Presses, I believe I have an action that you need to take…

Refer to the prior post when I gave them all equal PPG to be fair.

The guy has had games in hand the entire season. He briefly gets to make up two of them while Kucherov finally doesn’t play for five days. In the follow up post you decided to try and play to the crowd with, I posed what the gap might dwindle to if he indeed went off (my reply to the poster I quoted).

So you’re getting on my case because…?

Reactions: Kerberos

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
I can't see any way that McDavid doesn't win this race, unless he gets injured.

He has now cut Kucherov's lead to 8 points with several more games remaining compared to Kucherov.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
I can't see him keeping his current pace unless he ramps his game up. He doesn't look like himself but the points are still coming

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
81 points in his past 41 games and is also +33 while leading the Oilers to a 32-8-1 record.

As a few of us suspected 3-4 months ago, here we are in March and he’s threatening to sweep the awards again.

May still not win the Hart and Lindsay due to voter fatigue and of course terrific performances by his peers who haven’t scooped up as much individual hardware in the past, but his case is as sparkling as any, and most importantly, it is the freshest in the minds of voters.

It’s not exactly mind-bending stuff to expect this result, yet folks somehow keep doubting.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
81 points in his past 41 games and is also +33 while leading the Oilers to a 32-8-1 record.

As a few of us suspected 3-4 months ago, here we are in March and he’s threatening to sweep the awards again.

May still not win the Hart and Lindsay due to voter fatigue and of course terrific performances by his peers who haven’t scooped up as much individual hardware in the past.

But McDavid has a better plus/minus and plays less minutes than Kucherov and Mackinnon.

Surely this counts against them? 🤔

Some posters always used these to detract from McDavid in the past.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
But McDavid has a better plus/minus and plays less minutes than Kucherov and Mackinnon.

Surely this counts against them? 🤔

Some posters always used these to detract from McDavid in the past.

Haven’t heard a peep about it this year. That definitely belongs in the recent HFBoards double standards thread.

Hell, McDavid has a better plus/minus than Kucherov and MacKinnon combined.

Oh, here’s another good one that was beaten to death last season.

Percentage of points coming off the PP:

Kucherov 39.6%
MacKinnon 35.6%
McDavid 33.0%

Funny how that stance has gone completely silent as well.

Bank Shot

Jan 18, 2006
Haven’t heard a peep about it this year. That definitely belongs in the recent HFBoards double standards thread.

Hell, McDavid has a better plus/minus than Kucherov and MacKinnon combined.

Oh, here’s another good one that was beaten to death last season.

Percentage of points coming off the PP:

Kucherov 39.6%
MacKinnon 35.6%
McDavid 33.0%

Funny how that stance has gone completely silent as well.
McDavid is just a filthy 5v5 merchant.....

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Mcdavid was at 16 points in 16 games.

He has 79 points in his last 40 games.

Not bad

McDavid always gets so much attention, nobody noticed MacKinnon was off to an even worst start.

4 Months ago exatctly - on November 4th:

McDavid - 8 games, 10 points, good for 77th in league scoring
MacKinnon - 10 games, 9 points, good for 93rd in league scoring

Since November 5th:

MacKinnon - 52 games, 92 points, 1.77 ppg
Kucherov - 51 games, 89 points, 1.75 ppg
McDavid - 49 games, 87 points, 1.78 ppg

The three players are really neck and neck since November. Difference is, Kucherov also had a decent October, and so he remains ahead today.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
As of this morning:

Kucherov on pace for 137 points and 50 goals in 81 games. He has 19 games to go.
MacKinnon on pace for 134 points and 49 goals in 82 games. He has 20 games to go.
McDavid on pace for 136 points and 104 assists in 80 games. He has 23 games to go.
Matthews on pace for 108 points and 73 goals in 81 games. He has 21 games to go.

If race ends up exactly like this and Tampa makes playoffs, I think Kucherov still wins the hart.

But with ~19-23 games to go, it's still possible that any of the 4 win. I still want to see Matthews reduce the point gap at the top, he needs to be within ~15-20 points ideally to win the hart, if he's 30+ back it'll be very hard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad