Nikita Kucherov is the clear favorite for the Art Ross Trophy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plastic Joseph

Unregistered User
Mar 21, 2014
Its really early. Remember the infamous "Crosby is running away with the art ross again" from 2015? He didn't win it, and he never won another.

I'm not saying Kuch can't take it, just so much can happen. I would say he is the favorite based solely on the fact he is the leader. but its not like he isn't catchable

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
With McDavid and Draisaitl struggling so far, Kucherov definitely has a chance at winning the Art Ross.

He is probably the 3rd best offensive player in the league after those two, and his past history provides evidence of this.

Unbelievable that The Hockey News didn't have him in their top 20 players ranking.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
I don’t want to derail and take anything away from Kucherov, but despite his picture perfect start where you literally cannot ask any more from him, he still trails McDavid’s last season.

It’s crazy what Kucherov is doing this year but it’s just cool to take a step back and put it in perspective.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Agreed. He has the proven track record and at the quarter mark of the season, he can be given the benefit of the doubt that he is a real threat to snapping McDavid’s Art Ross streak. Surprise surprise, I still think McDavid takes it, but with the early hole, it will take most of the season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Hard not to say he’s the favourite at this point given his start and his past history plus McDavid and Draisaitl’s start. Still a long season though where the field is more likely

Reactions: jcs0218

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Kucherov has proven he is perfectly capable of putting up 120-130 points.

In most seasons, minus McDavid last year, 120-130 is Art Ross territory.

McDavid heating up and possible injury are his biggest threats.

Other players near the top don't have Kucherov's track record. It isn't like Kucherov is #1 right now by some fluke.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
I would not be shocked to see him win it this year. Hughes and McDavid being hurt could allow him to take it but the season isn’t a quarter way through yet so we’ll see, I still think if McDavid is healthy enough going forward he’ll be the leader in points again.

Seanaconda

May 6, 2016
Its really early. Remember the infamous "Crosby is running away with the art ross again" from 2015? He didn't win it, and he never won another.

I'm not saying Kuch can't take it, just so much can happen. I would say he is the favorite based solely on the fact he is the leader. but its not like he isn't catchable
Also only non oiler to win it in a while

Reactions: Sentinel

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
I'd agree he's the favourite.

Of the Canucks Trio I'd say Miller is the best bet to contend, Petey's hurt and has fallen off a bit, Hughes is continually productive but its hard for Dmen to lead the whole year.

Pasta, Makar & Panarin are also top contenders. Panarin has been very consistent. Makar has been on fire & there's no reason to think he'll slow down. And Pasta especially I could see having a big time 5 point+ night like this pretty easily.

Early to say its clear with that kind of competition, but I'd say he's the best bet yes.

Reactions: Sentinel
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad